April 24, 2024, 04:51:50 PM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12
16  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Jim's OpenTournament (based on Darkmancer's mini tournament ruleset) on: December 27, 2011, 08:36:23 PM
@Deadman, first of all, you were whining about overpowered Gutrippas and Grashaks to me yesterday as well. So you're not only a pussy, but you're also acting like a dork right now.

Second. If you want magic so badly — go ahead, make your own ruleset full of magic crap, full of magic items (all of them if you'd like), and add each army two, or even better, three lvl4 mages. That would be so great! And then try to convince abybody to play with you.
I think I would even play such a tournament. Just to witness this biggest idiotism in the history of Warhammer.

I think I've made myself thousands of times clear why I think that there shouldn't be magical overabundance.
Cause I want the games' result to depend on opponents' tactical skills. I don't want games to depend on pure luck, fortune, chances and all this crap. If you gain your victory only thanking to fists and magic winds which bring you enough mana — then you even can't be proud of such a win. Cause you didn't actually deserve it.
That's it.

And I do like mages, and I can play them. But for me lvl2 is maximum. I would even prefer lvl1. It's enough for fun, and not to much for making the absolut difference.
17  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Jim's OpenTournament (based on Darkmancer's mini tournament ruleset) on: December 27, 2011, 08:22:21 PM
Jeronimo has been removed from the tournament  Cry
All scores updated.

After the update I appeared to be in the lead  Cool Smiley Grin
18  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Jim's OpenTournament (based on Darkmancer's mini tournament ruleset) on: December 27, 2011, 01:27:35 AM
I vote for "2 Balista b/s skill 4, lose 1 gobo regiment"
Two ballistas twice more fun! Smiley
19  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Jim's OpenTournament (based on Darkmancer's mini tournament ruleset) on: December 27, 2011, 01:14:24 AM
What's "b/s"?
20  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Jim's OpenTournament (based on Darkmancer's mini tournament ruleset) on: December 27, 2011, 01:00:27 AM
GS mages were lvl 2

I know thaaaat Smiley
But lvl2 mage in an army with 7 regimetns is totally different from lvl2 mage in the army with 5 regiments.

And I don't get the changes to "Gutrippas"...
We have to leave the Bolt Thrower!
It's my favourite unit.
It's absolutely useless, but it's so much fun!
I love it sisnce it saved me epic game against Deadman and killed Volodimir:) That's why «The Gutrippas» is my favourite army. But you're trying to make it boring.

So removing useless unit doesn't make a lot of difference.
To balance it you just need to remove Ogres. And replace them with something,

The changes to "Urgat" and "Boyz" are pretty fair.
21  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Jim's OpenTournament (based on Darkmancer's mini tournament ruleset) on: December 26, 2011, 11:36:26 PM
New videos
↓↓↓↓

22  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Jim's OpenTournament (based on Darkmancer's mini tournament ruleset) on: December 26, 2011, 10:32:05 PM
PS using you best unit to melee him wasnt the best tactical move was it :p

Hey-hey-hey, it was my best move. I was 90% sure Orc would flee and I would get a free shaman kill. Even if he didn't flee, I would quickly kill him in melee.
I didnt expect that: he would not flee AND he would have fists. That was too unprobable. But it happened.

Actually I think the version 1.0 was perfect expept one army — The Defenders of the realm.
Now that it's powered by tank it's cool and fun to play.
But orcs...
You overpowered Grashaks, that's definetely and obvious to everyone.
And may be Gutrippas. I like gutrippas like they were. No ogres, two ballistas...
23  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Jim's OpenTournament (based on Darkmancer's mini tournament ruleset) on: December 26, 2011, 09:53:49 PM
Nooo, that was not strength mate! Smiley
Your fists would kill anyone with any possible strengh.
It was an anti-magic shield spell. The only thing that could really resist fists effectivelly, as it appears to be.
24  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Jim's OpenTournament (based on Darkmancer's mini tournament ruleset) on: December 26, 2011, 09:31:04 PM
Ok, I faced Fists again.
My full BG regiment attacked Orc shaman from behind, he used fists, and the ENTIRE regiment was gone. Just gone.

Darkmancer, you're still saying that "plus due to bugs quite often misses, so it's not exactly dependable."
Are you kidding me?!
I won't even say a word about a mage that doesn't flee after being attacked by BG from behind...
Undefeatable army. Almost.
You can defeat this "Boyz" only on pure luck.

This level2 and fists in every game just takes your last hopes away.

Not cool..

And it's my fault.
As a tournament creator I should've played with every army before starting, and I should have made my personal revision of the ruleset.
I played a match with Deadman using version1.0 of ruleset, and there wasn't any overpowered armies. Good balance.

I should've noticed that you accidentally added TWO regiments of Goblins with fanatics, and it made it unbearable.
But that just fell from my eyes.
25  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Jim's OpenTournament (based on Darkmancer's mini tournament ruleset) on: December 26, 2011, 09:09:49 PM

1) Why lvl 2 mage?
Because most greenskin spells are mediocre/poor including an anti-magic spell, (plus no teleport Smiley, with the exception of fists, however fists is a 3 point spell, requires melee with your mage, plus due to bugs quite often misses, so it's not exactly dependable.

Funny thing, Fists were used twice today against me with Grashalks, and it worked like a charm Smiley
About teleport, well you know, I'm a big antagonist of teleport. I'm convinced that it should be, if it's technically possible, REMOVED from any ruleset, any mage, any race.
Cause when you have this spell it's like ...well you have a "play like a dick" spell, which you can use, and be a total dick, or which you can avoid, but then what's the sence of it?".
And we all have a dark side in us, so everyone would violate the teleport.
Especially it's funny when you have one mage left. Your opponent may have 10 regiments, but you still can force a draw, by teleporting for eternity. Why not? Why should we apply more rules like "dont teleport if mage is the only left".. I'd better get rid of the ennoying teleport magic. Or make it cost like 6 manas, or even more.
And even during a game — a mage that teleports to kill his opponent in the back?! No-no... that's not how noble knights fight. But dicks would do that.

What I would recommend:
1) Swap Orc Shaman with Goblin lvl1.
2) Remove Goblin Archers with fanatics, but add those fanatics to other Goblin troppers regiment.
26  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Jim's OpenTournament (based on Darkmancer's mini tournament ruleset) on: December 26, 2011, 05:15:55 PM
If I'm not mistakeт most of the games Jeronimo won was made by Grashak's Boyz as well. And Hari8 was really in bad mood about it.
So that's already an ugly regularity that one player gets this army and has a terrible kill-streak.

This army is really not from this league. And I just don't get your logic, when you were creating it.
When I played against it I always thought it had lvl1 mage. But lvl2... That's just too much...
27  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Jim's OpenTournament (based on Darkmancer's mini tournament ruleset) on: December 26, 2011, 05:05:40 PM
Darkmancer, now you have to explain me why the f*ck you decided to give an already the largest army of Gnashrak's Boyz (which already had 8 regimetns, EIGHT f*cking regiments with fanatics and all kinds of shit) a mage with Level 2!
Mage with Level 2! Seriously?
I just faced that army which despite all its HUGE number advantage had a Shaman with Fists.
You know what that means?
A complete massacre. Without. Any. F*cking. Chances.
Actually one shaman with fists could've destroyed my entire army alone...

That's no good, man, no good.
DO is supposed to be balanced, games are supposed to have some intrigue.

Gnashrak's Boyz needs Goblin shaman lvl1. Not Orc lvl2.
But anyway it has so many cannon fodder that it can do ok without any mages at all.
28  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Jim's OpenTournament (based on Darkmancer's mini tournament ruleset) on: December 25, 2011, 07:20:49 PM
1 of which was spending 15mins waiting for spell point for teleport in and fire bolts at his catapult, until convieniently i recieved a massive lag spike when i teleported in hmm, turns out fraps starts a new recording at every 4gb which effects the record ie me but not the other player while i'm not hosting.

So that's the punishment you get when you break the "don't be a dick rule"  Grin

I would recommend CamStudio + xVid codec. Evern the raw source video it makes weights about 100-200 mb.
29  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Jim's OpenTournament (based on Darkmancer's mini tournament ruleset) on: December 24, 2011, 11:10:39 PM
@Darkmancer, Cool videos, great battles Smiley

I see you guys played two games. But you didn't update the table in Google Doc (I'll update it now myself)
Please put in the results after each game. Until it all comes out of control.
30  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Jim's OpenTournament (based on Darkmancer's mini tournament ruleset) on: December 24, 2011, 10:58:23 PM
@Darkmancer, I've updated the web-app, thanks.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12