April 18, 2024, 07:04:37 PM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 37
1  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Original Dark Omen Developer - interesting insight story on: November 04, 2014, 10:10:00 AM
Interesting. Cheesy
2  Warhammer Dark Omen / Multiplayer / Re: GameRanger: a new place to play Dark Omen online on: July 01, 2014, 09:16:06 AM
Send a mail to jero1988. He will get in contact with you. He is such a nice guy. Smiley
3  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! on: December 27, 2013, 02:04:44 AM
Kisses for everyone! Kiss
4  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Cut-Scene Modding on: December 09, 2013, 04:40:38 PM
Good one Ghabry. Smiley
5  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: How to save the Undead Chariot for multiplayer! on: November 29, 2013, 07:47:30 PM
I'm still waiting for Ghabry to return to his home PC, and provide us vital information!
6  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / News / Re: Wiki Password on: November 29, 2013, 07:42:53 PM
I also want to know the password Ghabry! PM
7  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: How to save the Undead Chariot for multiplayer! on: November 28, 2013, 11:51:56 PM
I found all class icons here: Graphics\Books\BOOKBUT.SPR

I was looking for a "wheel" type icon but there aren't really spare icons.
There are nice icons from Shadow of Horned Rat, still nothing I could use for Chariots.

It's like designers just didn't bother about this class because wasn't going to be present at Multiplayer.
Quite a problem, can't be replaced for another class, because chariot's mechanics are unique.

The horses inflict the damage when hit, Chariot commander by itself is useless.
8  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: How to save the Undead Chariot for multiplayer! on: November 28, 2013, 12:07:42 PM
With your topic link it's clear what is failing in DO... incomplete data.

Do you know where is located the "troop replacement formulas" in EngRel?
At least I found which code represents the chariot in the Hex... it is [3D] Symbol [=]

-----------------------------
I could change the "4 skulls" for a "Horse", but this is wrong because unit becomes "cavalry" and being "chariot" has its own mechanics... that's why I think the "4 skulls" are a decision to represent chariot types (and not a bug).
9  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / How to save the Undead Chariot for multiplayer! on: November 28, 2013, 08:17:23 AM
Trying to add a new unit for undead army... I found the same problem as Ghabry.
http://en.dark-omen.org/downloads/start-download/2.-modifications/3.-army-lists/singleplayer-regiments.html

Comments:siim paaliste 2010-05-20 19:21:35 i´ve downloaded it. humans and orcs work fine, but undead got problems. units what came with mod, like undead chariot on hand of nagash doesnt work. after buying it shows that soldier cost -23468........... and after u click on ikon, on boobpage or want to add arctifacts, it show error message and throw u to desktop

After a little research, it seems it has no "Regiment Class" assigned in book... which may lead to the crash.
Without it, you cannot buy horses when these die. I will try to find out what to change using HexEditor...

10  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tactical wargaming and other Warhammer games / Re: Any other games with some of Dark Omen's mechanics? on: November 26, 2013, 08:27:26 PM
Hi everyone, long time lurker here.

I'm sure this discussion has come up a hundred times before but what makes Dark Omen so special in my opinion is some of it's mechanics that can't be found in any other games.

When a unit is engaged in melee combat you're committed to stay and fight. You can flee if you choose to but there's a risk involved, you might get cut down by the pursuing enemies while running away with your back against them. This is awesome because it adds another layer of tactics, you have to think twice before attacking, can you really win this engagement or not?

This is the feature I miss the most in other games, and I can't understand why no other games that I know of have it, it would be so easy to add like an optional feature or whatever.

Does anyone know if there is any other game out there with the same mechanic?

I also really love Dark Omen's other mechanics like wheeling, slow combat (Ever seen stimmed up 3/3 marines shred through zerglings in SC2? Blink and you missed it!), punishing line of sight, friendly fire, high ground advantage and probably other things I forgot.

It really is mind boggling to me that no other game has similar features after all these years considering how popular the game still is after all these years.

Hello and welcome to forums...
Do you use Game-Ranger to meet other DarkOmen players?
If you are interested in playing, sometimes at weekends we might battle.
11  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: May Tournament on: May 26, 2013, 11:33:18 PM
whoa, Flak is back Smiley
And Ghabry as well Shocked
12  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: May Tournament on: May 26, 2013, 12:16:22 AM
I couldn't show up either. I agree with Olly about trying again next month. Maybe we get luckier Cheesy
13  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: back in a gazillion years on: April 29, 2013, 01:20:24 PM
Ok, Olly made a "tournament topic"... I hope we reunite soon.
14  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: April/May Tournament on: April 29, 2013, 01:19:23 PM
I won't have time this next weekend, perhaps we could postpone it till end of May... we see if someone else reads this topic in the meanwhile. Smiley
15  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: March Tournament on: April 05, 2013, 02:07:42 AM
Great videos Olly! Nice vampire exploding in the last battle.
Next time I will give you my Fraps version, which is quite old but can record without cuts. Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 37