April 20, 2024, 04:01:18 AM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: [1]
1  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tactical wargaming and other Warhammer games / Re: Real-time Tactics games of interest on: September 11, 2021, 08:09:19 AM
I found game which brings at least some atmosphere from playing Warhammer. Really interesting indie game, which grown up into trillogy.

Kingdom: Classic
Kingdom: New Lands
Kingdom: Two Crowns

Kingdom: Classic is free-to play game on STEAM. Every STEAM user can download and play it. It includes all the important features of the game and let consider it one of higher difficulty levels of the later games. I liked it very much, so later I bought Kingdom: New Lands in GOG and Kingdom: Two Crowns in STEAM. I don't regred any of that and also children likes all three games a lot.
2  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Campaign: Dark Omen Enhanced Edition on: March 28, 2021, 09:11:18 AM
That's great news. I hope I will beat also the final battle.
3  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Dark Omen Cinematics - Upscaled with AI on: January 15, 2021, 06:52:48 PM
Thank you Driant, the videos are great. Finally also my children like the cutscenes. The Hand of Nagash cutscene I remembered for years.
4  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Campaign: Dark Omen Enhanced Edition on: May 23, 2020, 01:21:16 PM
I went through whole this enhanced campaign and I consider it really ENHANCED compared to original. I finished original campaign at around 5 times.
The enemies are really dangerous and they use their skills even better as the units from original campaign. All the missions are polished and I didn't encountered any glitch in AI or some enemy regiment behaving incompetent on the battlefield. This campaign is far from some amateur additions of half cooked moddifications into the game.

Some missions like "attack of greenskins camp" tend to crash, but I encountered it similar frequency in original campaign.

Gameplay rating from me: 5 stars out of 5
5  Modifications / Troops / Re: Displaying Troop Stats and Sprite in the Army Books on: April 03, 2020, 07:16:07 PM
Olly is somewhere a table of all unit's stats?
In manual there is just simple description of units without some numeric stats.
6  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Covid19 on: March 26, 2020, 12:28:55 PM
Good opportunity to play games during this quarantines and restrictions Smiley
It would be gamers-paradise in the period of life without children.
7  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tactical wargaming and other Warhammer games / Re: Real-time Tactics games of interest on: February 04, 2020, 04:48:13 PM
Three good remade/modded RTS games.

Praetorians (2003 Pyro Studios) - especially with Mod Complex (imperial mod 4.1, 5.0) still live community of players on GameRanger.

Z (1996, Bitmap Brothers) - especially ZOD Engine (2011) open source remake and it's branch ZED Online (2019 beta). There is still alive community of MP players around Nighsoft server.

Ultimate General Gettysburg (2014) - brand new game made in Unity. Includes morale of regiments, smart AI of opponent and also players units, low hardware requirements. There is also sequel Ultimate General: Civil War but the sequel is without multiplayer.

--------

I like also the Warcraft 1 and 2 open source remakes Wargus and War1gus.
8  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tactical wargaming and other Warhammer games / Re: GOG on: February 04, 2020, 04:33:06 PM
GOG still exists and works. To be honest it is the only place where I buy games from.
A lot of 20 years old games are there hammered a bit to be able to run on Win7, Win10 or Linux.
9  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tactical wargaming and other Warhammer games / Re: Warcraft on: February 04, 2020, 04:28:24 PM
I played only Warcraft 1 and 2 as a student and liked both of them. Never played War3.

The fans remade Warcraft1 and War2 in open source new engine Stratagus. It is possible to play it on fullHD and there are a lot of options about controls, autocast of spells and similar enhancements.
It is open-source C++ project, so you can add there everything you wish.

https://wargus.github.io/index.html
https://github.com/Wargus/wargus
https://wargus.github.io/war1gus.html
10  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Campaign: Dark Omen Enhanced Edition on: January 03, 2020, 04:26:32 PM
The Strenght button could be at least "hold and wait" instead of fast-clicking button. The developers of 8-bit shooters recognized the autofire button is more fun and player can focus to other more funny aspects of gameplay instead of competition in fast-clicking.

I like especially the portraits of squad leaders informing about events of battle and their squads. I liked it also in "Z" (commander ZOD) game. It's a pity a lot of later games are missing this funny aspect of RTS battle.
11  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Campaign: Dark Omen Enhanced Edition on: January 02, 2020, 08:04:18 PM
Hi Guys

I am new on this forum, despite I used some advices from here also years ago on WinXP laptops installing and playing Dark Omen.
It is awesome you made some mods. I like it. But there could be some README file in folder of every mod written by author where major changes and advices would be explained by the author of the mod.

About this enhanced mod I like for example the idea of items not hidden in buildings. I don't need now to destroy every building after mission, it was boring.

I also don't like the Strenght button and hotkey "S". Such solution was for children and is damaging my mouse and keyboard. I would appreciate mod, where this button and action would be forbidden. Also such a multiplayer mod.

Happy New year 2020 I wish to all of you.
Pages: [1]