March 29, 2024, 05:59:10 AM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: [1] 2
1  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Warhammer Dark Omen Rus on: March 14, 2010, 01:19:04 PM
HOLY!!!

We are getting closer to the dream game....OOOOOO I am soo excited! ^^ Thank you Olly for doing all this research!
2  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Warhammer Dark Omen Rus on: March 14, 2010, 10:44:16 AM
These are wonderfull news Olly! so does that mean each map will have it's own unique music? Because then, we can put certain music for the undead battles (horror with evil choir, like eerie 3 Wink) and for orks some drum song.

But what about deployment music? I am asking this only because I loved eerie 3 and would love to hear it durning deployment. Also, maybe we can test it in game if you don't mind? Will be quicker I think that way Smiley

3  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Warhammer Dark Omen Rus on: March 13, 2010, 06:44:44 PM
hehehe thank you very much Olly for posting this. Although I feel a little heretic for saying that PSX audio is better...I was wrong, they both aint accurate Cheesy

I updated the http://wiki.dark-omen.org/do/DO/PSX/Converting_Audio_Files link so now it has actually something useful in it.

At least now we know we can import audio from different games for better audio quality, although I don't know if the game will crash or not because of that. I have managed to import audio into it and it worked...

4  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Dark Omen Role Playn Game (DORPG) on: March 13, 2010, 05:52:37 PM
That sounds great! So could we make traits for characters with like in Medieval 2? Not sure how they will work but it will surely personolize the hero...or not Tongue
5  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Dark Omen Role Playn Game (DORPG) on: March 13, 2010, 03:59:43 PM
What kind of hero can we pick? You mean like mages or something else perhaps? Or we create our own hero?

Either way sounds good! I am liking idea like that. Cheesy
6  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Warhammer Dark Omen Rus on: March 13, 2010, 11:01:00 AM
aaaah yes you told me, I even have it in my pc Smiley. But these guys are making a fan version with no translation issues. Like 1 word means 2 things, and they translate into the most suitable one. So what they are trying to do, is to make most correct translation for the game.

Hope this answers your question?  Cheesy
7  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Warhammer Dark Omen Rus on: March 13, 2010, 01:18:16 AM
http://www.old-games.ru/forum/showthread.php?p=634013#post634013

Here is an update on the translating situation!

So far, they have managed to translate everything up to axebite pass. Will try and keep you posted.
8  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Warhammer Dark Omen Rus on: March 11, 2010, 11:36:38 PM
Remind me about a russain company that translated audio for Dark Omen, as i'm sure myself and Ghabry collected it?

Well for PC version as far as I remember it was Fargus (there are also different versions but I am not so sure) meanwhile the PS1 version was translated by Kudos. They arent official though much like Rusbox (same as Kudos, only translates for Xbox).

I hope this information is helpful!

p.s. as for the recruting post, no problemo! :p

Grin
9  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Warhammer Dark Omen Rus on: March 11, 2010, 06:28:10 PM
Soo I guess no one is really that excited that couple of enthusiastic Russians are translating the game  Embarrassed

Ohhh well  Grin
10  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Warhammer Dark Omen Rus on: March 11, 2010, 02:06:45 AM
No sorry, i havnt heard of such game.Tongue I wonder though why exactly many Russians as you said play it... perhaps it's free?
11  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Warhammer Dark Omen Rus on: March 11, 2010, 01:34:39 AM
Hello everyone, I wanted to post this somewhere in modding section, but didn't know where. So I decided to post it here.

http://www.old-games.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=39163

Basicly, what it says there, is that the guys there are translating the game themselves (Use google translator if you want to read the topic in English...or learn Russian Wink). I decided to take a look on how well are they doing, and noticed that their translations are of very good quality, and are accurate too!

Although their style of translating is a bit different (They changed Grudgebringers to Обидчики - Batterers, compared to the official direct translate) it's still impressive.

Enjoy!  Grin
12  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament March 2010 on: March 10, 2010, 11:20:01 PM
haha men you always online in hamachi and never answer private messages to play, cool now that you want to be part Cheesy welcome...

I never knew that I am actually online hihihihi Tongue

But now, I will answer the call to war, thank you for the warm welcome Grin
13  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tactical wargaming and other Warhammer games / Re: Real-time Tactics games of interest on: March 10, 2010, 09:04:23 PM
I love Imperial Guard in Soulstorm, their voice acting is badass!

"LET ME PREACH HIS NAME!!!!"

Tongue
14  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tactical wargaming and other Warhammer games / Re: Real-time Tactics games of interest on: March 10, 2010, 08:41:36 PM
You can, but some stuff (some unit descriptions) are in Russian. That was the only issue for me, rest was good. Cheesy
15  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tactical wargaming and other Warhammer games / Re: Real-time Tactics games of interest on: March 09, 2010, 10:07:23 AM
Yes Praetorians is an excellent game, quite challenging campaign on hard (at least some missions), and the mod that add 3 new races is very good too!

There also is a new mod for Total War called "Call of Warhammer" created by the Russian comrades!
Most models were taken from Mark of Chaos since they are pretty nice, but other models guys created themselves.

So far it's only in Russian, but there are versions that are partly translated (only the important stuff is translated)

I played it and liked it, since it had some music from Dark Omen. The only thing that turned me off is that you need Russian version of the game to play it, and I have only English Sad((
Pages: [1] 2