May 04, 2024, 08:13:33 PM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: [1]
1  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament March on: March 28, 2009, 10:18:05 PM
Grats alavet

Sorry for signing up but not being able to participate, and becuase of that causing kinda unfair situation for players in the other brackets since alavat+bemblimen got cos of me and liberta free pass to semifinals  Sad But atleast it warms me I managed to play one game in this tournament and won it  Tongue

But cos DO doesen't seem to run on my comp/connection reliably or whatever all I can say is adios forever, gl in the future tournaments
2  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: 5000/15 on: March 25, 2009, 01:26:19 AM
I think we all want to keep 3k and 5k  Lv 1 Battles Small,

Yes, there is no point allowing people to use higher level creatures than 1. It would only cause more balance problems and every winning army would have level 2 mage with ashur+jet.

EDIT:regiments not creatures! Sorry I have been playing dungeon keeper 2 too much Tongue
3  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: 5000/15 on: March 23, 2009, 06:13:00 PM
Welll im pretty much saying the same stuff as in Februarys toruney topic:

Arties:
Horn 7 or 8

Undead:
Skeleton Calvalry-----3  (4 is way too much considering their melee power)
Mummies-----5  (they are one of the slowest unit in the game, and can be kited by any ranged unit, not worth of 6 points because of that big weakness)
Zombies----0.5  (the worst unit in game)
Wights-----3

Greenskins:
Orc Arrer Boyz---2  (1 is too low considering they are ranged and in melee as strong as orc boyz)
Troll-----1  (the only units they can win are artillery,mages IF troll doesent get hit or resists magic. They also win scorpions/spiders ~60% of time)
Orc Rock Lobber-----3

Empire:
Pistoliers-----3.5

I don't think we have to go to 3000/10 rules and increase the cost after the first unit for others of the same type. It is very hard if not impossible to balance
unit costs, so doing that only because of balance is pointless. Im 100% sure that after each tourney(no matter what rules we use)people will find something unbalanced, and make suggestions
to change that. Increasing the cost for 2nd and 3rd unit would only mean making some armies useless(like armies with lots of ranged regiments)reducing the types of armies
you could face on the battlefield. But I know it works much better for 3000/10, since battles are much smaller scale.
4  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament March on: March 05, 2009, 11:04:36 PM
Oh, about Horn of Urgok... i vote for forbid it....

After the last tournament people were talking about this. Some say Horn is needed, because you need something to counter undead's ability to cause fear. But those people are forgetting one thing...did any undead army win any games last tournament ? Undead was the least used army. Because its VERY hard to build a good army with undead. Their strong melee costs too much(black grail,mummies)and they have no cheap meatwall units(zombies are the worst unit in game and ghouls get routed very easily but they still cost the same amount as orc arrer boyz or imperial swordsmen).

So removing Horn would actually balance this alot and make undead armies much more viable. Otherwise undead armies need their point costs checked, like mayby zombies could cost only 0.5points. In other words I agree with you, a good choice would be banning Horn from tournaments. Increasing the cost will mean nothing, since everyone would still buy it: unless you have it but your enemy does, your chances of winning are very small. And if you increase the cost too much, no one will buy it, so you might just as well ban it.

Also there was talk about randomizing map selection. This is the most needed thing imo. There is no point buying artillery, if you know you are gonna play some plain map where you get rushed by orc army within the first 5seconds.

And what I said about undead units needing their points checked, there are some other units too. Trolls cost 2 points, but still they die against any regiment in 1v1 combat(okay not against artillery groups). Orc arrers are as good as orc boyz in melee, but they still cost the same amount.

5  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: how i can install? on: February 27, 2009, 12:54:34 AM
If your cd is broken, it shouldnt take you long to figure out where you can get a new copy the fastest  Smiley We dont support warez here right ?

Or another way is to ask someone to send you .iso of their cd.

Or ask someone who has installed DO to send their DO folder and regedit setting file to you.

But before doing those try copying the files from you CD to your harddrive. Usually if CD is broken but it loads(like it seems to do in your case), you should have problems copying the files. Also did you try running the installation as an admin ? When does the setup.exe error occur ? During installation ? When you launch ? You might have some program automatically blocking editing/copying of your registery or harddrive(a longshot but I once downloaded some shithole program, that was automatically blocking everything I was trying to do lol).

6  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Intro crash or black ground on: February 27, 2009, 12:41:57 AM
Since I have 64bit Vista, the regedit settings need to be in SOFTWARE/Wow6432Node/Electorics Arts etc.. and not in SOFTWARE/Electronic Arts etc..where the fix was placing them
7  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Intro crash or black ground on: February 26, 2009, 01:55:49 PM
I got it to working. Smiley

Instead of waiting for you to post your regedit settings(gatovaca17), I decided to copy regedit settings from my laptop, which was able to run DO. I immediately noticed the regedit settings were on a different directory than on my other computer. I realized the vista crash fix had done nothing, since it only applies settings to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\Dark Omen\1.0\Options\Options. My DO settings(on my desktop computer) are not located in that folder.

I manually added Hardware.. etc lines to the correct DO setting folder, and voila, it worked.

Hmmmm you might wanna consider adding to the downloads section, that you might have to enter the lines manually...it could save couple of hours time for some people  Tongue Since ofc atleast I was thinking that the regsettings would go to the right folder Tongue And when earlier deleting the registery entries, I just presseed delete on the folder, without checking the folder.

Thanks, now I can play and lose to you guys...last time I played DO was on a LAN mayby 6years ago or something
8  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: How to beat the last battle (Black Pyramid). on: February 26, 2009, 01:11:46 AM
I remember always beating this map by just running over the goddamn king with steam tank.
9  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Intro crash or black ground on: February 26, 2009, 12:37:45 AM
Try the Vista Crashfix OR try to run Dark Omen with Admin rights. (The Vista Crashfix can't be found in the Vista article (have to add it...))

Edit: You can now find it in the Vista article

Tried those already, won't do any good. And DO won't even start if I dont use admin rights.

I tried running DO on my laptop(vista32bit). It worked perfectly. I went and tried running it on my friend's computer(same windows as I have) and it worked perfectly. Installing DO, downloading the dll and nocd crack was enough for both computers. I did the same steps as on my own computer, so the problem is not how I install it or anything.

It's starting to look like the problem is in my hardware, most likely graphics card. Tomorrow I will try taking out my own graphics card, and replacing it with my friend's card, since it's not the same one as I have. If my computer can then run DO, I guess we know what the problem is.
10  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Intro crash or black ground on: February 25, 2009, 08:55:11 PM
Did you try starting Dark Omen without CD (this will skip the intro) and insert the CD in the Menu

Yes I tried that. I also tried nocd crack, making iso of my cd and mounting that, and also downloading a new copy of DO(ware). If I skip the intro, its all black screen and main menu music keeps playing on the background.

I also tested which way(using MMX) and how I should move mouse to blindly exit the game using menu(to see if the menu actually is active)duriing the non-mmx black screen, but I couldnt pull it off, so I guess even the menu music plays on the background it isnt loaded or is frozen.

11  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Intro crash or black ground on: February 25, 2009, 08:00:23 PM
Hello

I installed DO, downloaded the necessary files to run DO on vista(dll and intro fix), but I still ended up with a frozen intro on my screen, and main menu music playing on the background.

So I messed around with Trouble Shooter, and I found out I need to enable "Force MMX Render" to get past the frozen intro.

But then a new problem emerged: the ground is all black. I guess this is caused because I have MMX on, but everytime I try unpatching the intro crashing happens again. Also I found out having 3D on(not using software)isn't the problem in intro crashing(atleast for me), since it doesen't freeze if I apply MMX, turn off software and restart the game.

I have tried everything suggested here and even some of my own stuff...installing,deleting,reinstalling,trying different switches using Trouble Shooter, different drivers...everything several times, im at a dead end. Im stuck with either intro crash or black ground.

Im using 64bit Vista and ati HD4870(I guess other specs do not matter here?).

Any ideas ?
Pages: [1]