April 20, 2024, 04:15:56 PM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: [1] 2
1  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Dwarf Campaign on: February 26, 2023, 01:37:08 PM
It is true that this mod is stuck in the second mission, downloaded from the olly pack. Apparently the error arises depending on where you put the troops.

I was able to avoid it after several attempts, deploying the units on the left slope and launching them into combat as soon as the battle started, the rest of the mod works perfectly. I finished it last week.

I really liked the dwarven units except the ironbreakers with cannons, since it is a unit that requires a lot of micromanagement as it has a short range, if I were to play again, I would choose the option of having another battle cannon.

The rest of the missile units are fantastic and deadly. The bears are very cool but in the last phases of the game they die easily, it is better to play stationary and with projectiles. In short, fun. Now I will finish the goblins mod in hard mode. all the best!
2  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Chaos Dwarf Invasion on: February 10, 2023, 07:21:41 AM
Morning!

Finished Chaos dwarfs Mod, the extra phase surprised me so much that I had to play it without saving game haha.

Lets Talk about It; This mod is difficult, but personally I enjoy the difficulty and in particular this game in particular, I played DO on PSX for the first time back in the year 98 and when I was 12 years old, for an entire summer with a borrowed PlayStation WITHOUT A MEMORY CARD, So every time I turned on the game it started at trading post, with no chance to save game, continue even losing units or game over, so I guess I enjoy the difficulty.

First of all add that it gave me the blocking error in the phase in which they give you the Overlord, nothing worrisome because in this same thread is the solution with the Olly's file, thanks.

Regarding the game experience, since I knew in advance that it was difficult, and since in this forum Cuthalion did a summary of units, my strategy would be to only choose 10 units beforehand to maximize their experience. My "roster" was like this: Sorcerer, wolf riders, cannon, scorpions, blunderbusses, obsidian guard, centaurs, gorebulls, overlord, chaos dwarf warriors.

The mechanics of this mod are fun since you have units with various attributes, the scorpions and gorebulls don't really need magic items as they have more than decent attributes, they are good for support charges as well as cannon/bunderbusses defense.

Don't be afraid to throw your commander into battle, he is a wizard but he is tough, he is almost like a vampire but with very short legs.

The ability to have two Magic shields (extra armor) and two storm magic swords as you progress through the game makes the two dwarf units obsidian guard and chaos dwarf warrior shine as primary melee units, coupled with the Overlord's buff spell in Wivern, you get two extremely resistant units, with armor, and at the same time very offensive.

The combination of bunderbusses and cannon together with your commander's magic can annihilate entire units allowing a classic DO defensive strategy (in some phases). To annihilate mages the Bunderbusses are especially practical, in a burst the enemy sorcerer dies, advance or wait and assign the shot to the sorcerer and make sure you have dispel magic in this unit, as soon as it reaches firing range the sorcerer will explode.

Lastly, your fast units are wolves and centaurs, they do fast damage however they are not very resistant so except in support situations I have used them as ranged units Killers.

Final mention for the Chaos Overlord: as soon as I had it, I threw it headfirst into combat and after several deaths that alleviated my thirst for blood from using this fantastic unit, I realized that you have to use it as a support with your magic, and charge the enemy only when is already fighting hand-to-hand to force the enemy to flee in terror and to be able to devastate him while he flees, or in any case to annihilate enemy shooting units.

I Enjoy playing a lot, thanks Cuthalion!!! Next I will try Dwarf mod!
3  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Chaos Dwarf Invasion on: February 01, 2023, 11:37:31 PM
Hello again!

after playing some of Flak's mods (goblins especially, with three units casting 9 zealots, pure satisfaction), i've played cuthalion's light chaos mod, i didn't find a build on the forum so i'm replying here.

CHAOS LIGHT MOD it's a great mod and different, the chaos warriors units are fantastic and i haven't been afraid to throw them headlong into battle, it's been another way to plan the strategy directly offensive, very funny.
In addition, having a tzeenzch wizard with the knowledge of fire makes everything easier. I recommend the light mod.

The next challenge is Chaos Dwarfs, I'll take my time!
4  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Greenskins: Light Mod on: January 21, 2023, 12:53:35 AM
hello again!

I have finished this campaign, I needed a breather after the difficult campaign of the wood elves!

I enjoyed this mod, I played it completely melee, discarding the heavy projectile units, as Gorko commands!

My favorite units, as a former Orc and Goblin player, are the Goblin Wolf Riders and Squigs, I upgraded them to level 4, and level 3 the rest of the melee army, and they are fantastic!

In a futuro I Will complete the full dificultad campaing...but not yet haha.

Thank you very much for the pleasant experience of this mod! I will continue with chaos dwarfs campaing.
5  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Wood Elves on: January 15, 2023, 11:43:25 PM
Finish the campaign. The last three phases were very fun and I was surprised by the final bosses of each one! The last one was complicated especially because no unit reached level 4 because I wanted to use them all and left them at level 3.

My summary of units:
Kornous's wild cavalry has disappointed me, all the time I was hiding it from the enemy, maybe some more model in it would have worked better.
Archery and Infantry are both perfect, very maneuverable.
The dryads are very resistant and serve as a shield.
The tree man, fantastic as always, once leveled up, he reaches T-8 and it is impossible for him to be destroyed if you engage him in combat with units with low strength.
Falcon Riders mostly do their job with the wrath banner. Hit and run.

It has been very rewarding overall. I'm going to take a break from difficulty, now I'll start the ork campaign (not goblin) that I've read is easier hehe, but I'm sure I'll enjoy it just the same.

Congratulations on creating this great campaign!
6  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Wood Elves on: January 09, 2023, 09:18:11 AM
10 years after my last game from the community mods, I come across this and other jewels that were being polished at the time.

I was thinking of buying/playing Total War Warhammer 3... What for? If this wonderful game is more faithful to the original tabletop! Battle after battle with practically the same rules of Warhammer fantasy.

I have started with wood elves. Extreme and fun difficulty, you depend on mobility and morale (blessed spell of the falcons) because at the end of the day you have little resistant units and nothing armored, except for some units. I find the break button very useful in these units when an enemy charges against them. I'm in the middle of the campaign right now, I just passed the fortress... a fun puzzle, and I'm on my way to Silvanya.

A note to improve: in Olly's mod pack (thanks for uploading a fantastic tutorial on youtube) I think that it is not the last update of this campaign of August 2016, since the Glade riders DO NOT CHASE THE ENEMY IN RETREAT and this is a bit tedious.

Finally, I understand that in this mod it is useless to make easy decisions along the way, right? (do not help in the cities/allies, take the mortar... etc).

I am very happy to see that in this community you are still active and you have so much love for the game, it is appreciated as a player, I still have many hours ahead of me and I plan to play all mods! Thank you Cuthalion for making it possible, for your time and your altruistic dedication, also to the rest of the members that make up this site and who have made it possible to enjoy the game again after 25 years since its launch.
7  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: RULESET : Dark Omen 7th (DO7) on: June 26, 2010, 06:16:47 PM
to the editing armies rules i add this one

YOU CAN REPETEAT UP TO 2 TIMES : BLOOD DRAGON, TREEMAN and TROLL

ouh yeah you aply that because my list 3 bood dragon, 3 skeleton horsemen and 1 vampires horsemen CRUSH you!
8  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: TOURNAMENT JUNE 2010 on: June 26, 2010, 06:10:29 PM
oh yea in 2 weeks suits fine for me..

happyman :S we can organize a little tourny if you want with jeronimo me you and 3 more ppl like alavet or wkuwiorny :S if they want..

perfect, thanks friend!
9  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: TOURNAMENT JUNE 2010 on: June 26, 2010, 02:29:26 PM
im glad you wanna play so much mate

Im leaving for holiday tomorrow sunday, next week i am not back yet, but in 2 weeks i can host again so that would be the 10th

If that suits then cool

please flak, I beg you do the tournament the 11th, 9th and 10 th i work. do you have any problem the 11th?

Sad
10  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: TOURNAMENT JUNE 2010 on: June 26, 2010, 02:04:57 PM
Sad bad.

I prefer the next tournament be in Sunday.

Because i work fridays and saturdays.... I´m taxy driver....

thanks!
11  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: TOURNAMENT JUNE 2010 on: June 19, 2010, 03:41:58 PM
I change my vote to DO7,  but 9k gold

I think I can play this tournament, i will go later to my dinner class, "the first is Dark Omen, other are dispensable".

Well i noob but i have a good GM (Gay Master): itlerion!.
12  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: TOURNAMENT JUNE 2010 on: June 14, 2010, 02:21:58 PM
A question: How much long the tournament? Min. and Max.

Because the 26th i have a class dinner....(10pm GMT+1)

Thanks
13  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: TOURNAMENT JUNE 2010 on: June 13, 2010, 04:53:47 PM
Hi, would be back! now i success my exams and i can play that tournament...
I vote for DO7, that mod is wonderful. 9k gold.
sign me

Thanks!
14  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament February 2010 on: February 14, 2010, 11:10:54 PM
I change my vote for: Fair Omen 5k gold.

Reason: It´s better, that mod resolve problem than Dark Omen (normal) dont resolve yet.

Have luck for the tournament!
15  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament February 2010 on: February 13, 2010, 08:47:53 PM
Happyman, 5k Golg is not a ruleset Smiley
You either mean 5k/15 or 5k FO.

Ok sorry, 5k/15 (15 is the number of regiment, its true? I only play with 10 :S).

no 5k/15 rules are like that http://wiki.dark-omen.org/do/DO/Rules/5000/15

basicly every regiment/item have point value, so in 5k/15 you must create army for 5k gold and not more than 15 points

Thanks, I understand it the "points" rules. Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2