April 23, 2024, 08:52:02 PM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: [1]
1  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tactical wargaming and other Warhammer games / GOG on: December 22, 2010, 05:57:23 AM
I have just found a very interesting website that hosts old games.
It's called GOG, or Good Old Games. All their games cost either $6, or $10, and include classic such as Fallout, and Baldur's Gate. Right now it has Christmas special, or about 30% off.
Unfortunately it doesn't have Dark Omen, but I just thought it might be interesting to the community here, as Dark Omen is an old game, so logically people here would be interested in this website.

For all who thought my account dead, I just don't have time and interest to appear in regular topics, as I'm only interested in the topics I make and New Campaigns. Sorry for any misunderstanding.
2  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Total War Games on: November 29, 2010, 06:45:16 AM
    I've played only the Roman Total War, and I was just interested what would you recommend.
    I agree with what both of you said about about the series, but I think it has a giant drawback compared to Dark Omen. It's battles were not planned out, and so left me a memory of great computer stupidity which almost never happened on Dark Omen.
    I  agree that they capture cavalry and archers well, but I think they focus too much on individualism and not groups and units. But they are definitely more realistic.
3  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Total War Games on: November 29, 2010, 06:38:21 AM
Thanks for informing me Olly. I've started the SOTHR now.

4  The Remake Project / OMG WARTBED / Re: What's being worked on at the moment? on: November 29, 2010, 06:35:54 AM
Thanks for letting us know.
I don't know if it was ever discussed, but I always wanted to be able to use buildings and castles in Dark Omen.
It would also greatly help, if we were able to save our deployment before starting the battle. It would great reduce the time needed, and reduce the frustration after a failure significantly.
5  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Total War Games on: November 15, 2010, 02:36:40 AM
Hi, I'm a bit new to this forum.
     I have recently finished Dark Omen, and I went to look at similar games to play.
     After finding SOTHR, which I failed to launch, the most Dark Omen like games I found were the Total War series.
If you think about it, they too give you control of large groups of people, in regiment. They too have a lot of special effects. The thing that differs is that they have an additional place where you do economics, and they are never: meaning better graphics and more ways to do battle.

I would like to know your opinions about Total War series, and whether they are a real substitute for Dark Omen.

I would also like an advice on where to download the right SOTHR, and how to launch it.
6  The Remake Project / OMG WARTBED / Re: What's being worked on at the moment? on: November 07, 2010, 10:14:43 PM
    Since you are very slow, maybe you could team up with somebody talented who makes online games. I know that they are usually garbage, but games such as gemcraft  and Sonny were done by talented enough people. Maybe you could help make them their own games, in exchange for help.
    Also if you are thinking that you can't make money on Dark Omen, make you could read the "www.lostgarden.com/2009/07/flash-love-letter-2009-part-1.html" article. It's talking about making money on online games.
    In any case, please report us on your progress. I'm new to this forum.
Pages: [1]