April 26, 2024, 12:09:23 PM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: [1]
1  Warhammer Dark Omen / Greenskin Armybuilds / Re: Advice appreciated for a 5000/15 O&G army on: April 17, 2009, 01:03:32 PM
Thanks a lot for the advice, I had missed the "rear charge wraiths to break them" post for some reason, so I guess I'll run it without magic items, aside from defiance on big'uns.

Are Big'Uns really better than, say, 2 units of regular boyz?

The 2 point trolls are expensive, aye, which was why I'm considering a 1 point scorp and a 1 point spider, to try to hunt the archers, mages and artillery.

Playing with no mage gives me a few options, are Arrer boyz worth it? I'm thinking something like:

4 points lobba

3 points Big'Uns w. defiance

2 points Big'Uns

2 point arrer boyz

1 point scorpion

1 point spider

1 point NG archer

1 point boyz

(haven't done the gold calculation yet)

Might this work? And, what can be improved Wink
2  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: How to beat the last battle (Black Pyramid). on: April 17, 2009, 10:12:49 AM
In the process of going through the campaign again, the last time I did that was shortly after the DO release (ages ago). Back then, I remember that I managed to complete the last battle with only commander Bernhard and the stank alive at the end. I did the "charge everything into Nagash, apart from pistols with ptolos going for the catapults. I managed to kill Nagash, but at the same time I lost almost all my units. The end result of that was something like all their archers/catapults/spellcasters dead, but all the mummies + a few other infantry things alive at the end, me with bernhard and the tank. So, I placed the tank in the middle of everything, while bernhard ran in circles around them with his grudgebringer sword shooting fireballs, while the tank used the cannon to slowly kill all the mummies. It took over an hour, but I won.

Nowadays, I guess I'd stay back as usual, hope my firemage have wings and firestorm (for catapults) and pick the army apart piece by piece.
3  Warhammer Dark Omen / Greenskin Armybuilds / Advice appreciated for a 5000/15 O&G army on: April 17, 2009, 09:58:07 AM
Greetings and salutations to you all.

I'm quite new to this online DO thing, and since I have a quite competative nature (I play the game for fun mostly of course, but I still do my best to win Wink )

So, was wondering about how to build a proper O&G army.

My thoughts from a newbie perspective:

I'd like a lobba, it's quite strong, and I like the whole anticipating where enemy units are going to move thing. This also gives me a tool to deal with other people's "hard" regiments.

A shaman since.. magic is fun, so in it goes. The question is then, book, wand of jet or nothing? I find myself running out of points quite fast, most people seem to take the book, but was wondering if the wand might be worth it for spamming 2 mana cost spells? Can I get by with just the basic O&G spell if I'm unlucky with the other spell?

Then, monsters. In mirror matches and against UD they seem like a rather nice option, so is 1 scorp 1 spider a hopeless waste of points, or might they be worth it, just to stick on the flanks and force the opponent to deal with them, before they end up in the flank of something juicy. So, worth it or not?

Big'Uns with defiance seems like a pretty sure bet, so I have at least some solid centerline unit, letting the swarm devour the opponent while the Big'Uns holds the opponent.

Then, the points seems to have been used, above units is something like 4+3+1+1+2, leaving 4 points for an "army". Now, here's the problem, should i go get that magical sword and cut something somewhere else? Or can I go something like boyz/boyz/NG's w. fanatics/NG archers?

Comments and suggestion are more than welcome Smiley

4  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: Wraiths 8 or 6 points on: April 17, 2009, 09:44:12 AM
As a newbie to this online community, I must admit that I find the chance of wraiths to be highly annoying, mostly due to me having to pay a point for an otherwise useless sword.

So, a suggestion: Instead of just putting wraiths at 8 points, what about instead making a few of the less used magical swords not cost any points? This makes wraiths easier to counter, and encourages further diversity in the game.

Just an idea...
5  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament April on: April 16, 2009, 10:56:13 AM
I _think_ I'll be up for it, have to get closer before I can say for sure... And, nice to see ya waving our proud flag around, always good to have other danes around Wink
6  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament April on: April 16, 2009, 10:06:14 AM
I'm very interested in joining this tournament, but as I currently reside in Vietnam, the time of day is pretty important for me (as I'm at GMT +7, no DST)

So, was just curious, when is the tournament held? I can see the date(s), but not the time.

- Gronx
Pages: [1]