April 27, 2024, 02:45:23 AM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: [1]
1  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: 0xc0000142 At my wits end on: August 30, 2019, 05:12:23 PM
Never give up!  Hex edited my file as per http://forum.dark-omen.org/help-section/windows-10-flickering-screen-t1323.0.html

No more flicker, full screen no issues thanks everyone on here! for the Great advice
---------------------

gave up again game plasy fine but flickers/double images Smiley  I'm using my own exe with your other files Smiley  and the changes below.  Guess I need to find a british game Smiley

-------------

Ok got it going again, removed the run in 640x480, removed run as admin, and compatibility mode from XP to win7.  works consistently now.   Not sure I can alt-tab yet  and it flickers  but I'm getting somewhere Smiley  and I can play.

640x480 mode is crashing because the Gefoce overlay thing which I disabled now.  I guess the alt-tab is crashing it and the fix is not working but I just won't alt tab.

-------- Wink

re-edit a poop only worked once Smiley  shouldn't of closed it to come post here Smiley

---------------

Holly heck I just fixed it by using a mix of my original install files and part of yours.  I'm using my own exe but your mod pack... crazy.

---------------------

Is there a way to make other CD versions work?  I have a French Canadian CD and I've tried everyting.  Is there a place to buy a UK cd?

I got to a point where I either get that error (using the mod pack) or I get a black screen, some audio and the game minimizes.  Maximizing it yields a bit more audio and another minimize.  CPU usage by the exe is about 40% so its doing "something Smiley"
Pages: [1]