July 27, 2024, 03:29:50 AM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: [1]
1  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Random temporary freezes (windows 10) on: September 23, 2022, 10:33:51 AM
With much research by olly (whom I thank), it seems likely that my problem is with administrator or disk permissions blocking normal game execution and causing those chaotic freezes.

We tried a lot of things that didn't work, so I settled on a non-ideal solution but one that works : I establish a Teamviewer connection between the virtualbox windows 10 and my real windows 10, I mute the sound of the virtualbox version, I launch the game... and no more freezes !

So if anyone had the same problem as me, they can try this.
2  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Random temporary freezes (windows 10) on: September 05, 2022, 12:35:48 AM
Ok.

In fact this is the most recent version of dgvoodoo because I tried it after 2.63 and 2.63.1 (and no change).
I don't know if it matters that the diagnostic detects it as a problem.
3  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Random temporary freezes (windows 10) on: September 04, 2022, 10:21:25 PM
Diagnosis sent in PM.
4  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Random temporary freezes (windows 10) on: September 04, 2022, 01:12:39 PM
- Usb devices unplugged.
- Permissions given.
- DirectPlay enabled.
- UAC turned off.
- Movies folder copied.
- Registry paths ok.
- Nvidia drivers updated.
- EngRel.exe added in Nvidia Control Panel.
- Nvidia Experience and Nvidia Telemetry removed.
- Memory and hard drives tested, all is ok.
- GPU and graphic card tested on big games (high graphics), no problem.

But Dark Omen continues to freeze randomly my pc. It's crazy, I don't understand^^...
I don't see how the problem could be graphical. It's maybe something else (some files that I need to put in compatibility ? is it necessarily the version 2.63 of dgvoodoo that should be used ?).
5  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Random temporary freezes (windows 10) on: September 03, 2022, 04:48:27 PM
The freezes are still here. Maybe a little less frequent.
I've also tried closing as many secondary programs and processes as possible, but that doesn't seem to have any effect.

PS : I'm keeping trying things...
PS 2 : I tried reducing the graphics settings with a CPU used at 15%. And the freezes are still there  Angry. And what surprises me is that it's not only the game that freezes but the whole pc that no longer responds. Here I don't know what to do...
6  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Random temporary freezes (windows 10) on: September 03, 2022, 02:14:36 PM
I had done the permissions and exceptions for Dark Omen and dgvoodoo and the problem was already there before I installed dgvoodoo.

I tried again by completely disabling Windows 10 antivirus and firewall and removing Nvidia processes in task manager (I saw that it had been a problem for some). But fail, it's the same.

I use English UK version CD.
7  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Random temporary freezes (windows 10) on: September 03, 2022, 11:33:06 AM
Hi,

Can I ask you for help please for a simple problem ?

I installed the game exactly as explained in the topic "Read me : Ultimate Dark Omen..." (the 5 points + dgvoodoo 2.63).
The game starts and runs normally BUT during battles (and only during battles) the computer freezes randomly and completely (nothing reacts anymore) for very variable durations (10s-infinite) before resuming the game until the next freeze (in 3s or 8min).

Do you have an idea to solve this ?

Edit : I restarted a battle with the task manager on my 2nd screen and I noticed at the end of a temporary freeze a saturation on the graphics processor (43% normal, goes up to 99%). I specify that I have a good computer...
Pages: [1]