March 29, 2024, 10:19:16 AM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: [1]
1  Warhammer Dark Omen / Multiplayer / Re: Funny battles with gabriel on: July 19, 2010, 05:03:29 PM
the first fight was epic and furious
2  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Damaged CD :( on: July 14, 2010, 11:27:59 PM
 hello all
sorry to bring out an old post but i am begging for help and you are my only hope...sorta
i played shadow of the horned rat long ago and loved it dearly,i always wished for newr version,i heard about dark omen later on but never got arounbd to trying it
well recently i found dark omen at a pawn shop and bought it right away
excited like a little kid at christmas i immediately went about installing and playing
 i have vista,meaning it wouldnt work right yet and used this site to help me get it running
thanks for that first off
well it wasnt long i found another problem,i played first mission with no problems but when the game tried to play some speech it froze,i played again restarting everything and same thing happened
i played again from start and this time i tried to skip as much of the speech as possible,it worked for a few missions but i got to a place where i could skip the speech part
i thought maybe if i installed the maximum version it might help
this is where i get into real trouble,it would get stuck and not install correct =((

ok so i decided to check my disk with a cdcheck and sure enough i got 35 errors all in the sound file
i tried to recover the damaged area with software to no avail,i also tryied buffing the disk without success
i googled to find this old game to possibly find it and sure i found it but guess what,the parts i needed were taken out to make the file smaller =((   any tips or help anyone? i know you dont allow it here and dont allow links either but any advise or suggestions would be helpful,i am totally excited to see the mods and campaigns you guys have made and hope to get this resolved
if not ty for your time

Pages: [1]