May 05, 2024, 05:10:03 AM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: [1]
1  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit problem! on: December 16, 2009, 01:54:10 PM
yes tried it.
Don´t work. but hey can play and that is important Wink

thx u =)

2  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit problem! on: December 14, 2009, 05:31:56 PM
thank u very much Smiley

it works...

but i was my bad ..
 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ElectronicArts\DarkOmen\1.0\Options\Options]

forget the second "options"

stupid... -.-

next problem I have the alt+tab bug
but thats not very bad  essentialy I can play Smiley

thx again
3  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit problem! on: December 14, 2009, 10:11:20 AM
Hey there Smiley

Yesterday I have seen on my extern harddisk some savegames from Dark Omen.
I thought yay cool let´s play some Dark Omen!
So I installed the game on my new Laptop.
Win 7 64 bit ultimate.
Then I started the game and the "can´t  find this d3drm.dll" bugs arrived. Ok start google and Have found this nice pages with alle the fixes for vista and xp.
Downloaded this ddl and the game starts but then u know wahts coming...
yes right this fuckin intro crash. Visit this page again.

Quote from:  Download  The Intro Crash Fix for both Vista and XP and run it.
3) Download  The Intro Crash Fix for both Vista and XP and run it.
    http://en.dark-omen.org/downloads/view-details/5.-miscellaneous/intro-crash-fix.html

However, for Vista 64,  the regedit settings need to be in
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ElectronicArts\DarkOmen\1.0\Options\Options]
    and not in
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\Dark Omen\1.0\Options\Options
    "Selected"="1"
    "SoftwareSelected"="228"
    where  the Fix tries to place them. Manually create New String Data "Selected"="1" and"SoftwareSelected"="228"
    if they are missing from your Options Folder (perhaps due to Admin Permission and may be in Virtual Store).
HKEY_USERS\<User SID>_Classes\VirtualStore\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EA\Dark Omen
HKEY_USERS\<UserSID>_Classes\VirtualStore\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\EA\Dark Omen

yay and now I dont know what to do because i have 64 bit system so can anyone say me what to do?
I know that i must go in the "regedit" but then? can anyone maybe take some screenshots and show me how it must look.

also downlaoded this  both fixes dont work either.

ah and sry for my bad english i m from germany but i try my best that u can understand me ^^

hope u can help me Smiley

EDIT:
Also tried the windows 7 compatibility mode with win 85/ win 89/ME win and xp service pack 3. do not work ^^
Pages: [1]