May 02, 2024, 04:34:00 AM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: [1]
1  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Graphical problem on Windows 7 on: October 14, 2013, 02:36:48 PM
Hi, guys.

Didn't have a chance to try your latest advice, but I'll let you know when something finally move forward.

Thanks a lot for your kind help.
2  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Graphical problem on Windows 7 on: September 24, 2013, 11:57:04 AM
Sorry for didn't show up for a week! I'll definately try this fix and rename my file. Maybe the root is in I used files with different name (EngRel3D.exe and others). Also I'll take a closer look into regedit and share what I'll be able to achieve Smiley

Thank you, guys!
3  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Graphical problem on Windows 7 on: September 14, 2013, 12:25:11 PM
Hi, olly and thanks a lot for your message!

I can confirm that:
1) Yes, CPU (but actually it doesn't make difference anymore, see below)
2) No coloured cursors (the game crushes otherwise)
3) Alt+Tab - firstly, I wasn't sure what it mean, but after several operations with windowed mode (see below) I can succesfully Alt+Tab the game, but it also doesn't make difference.
4) Yes
5) Wasn't able to update to very latest drivers, to be honest, but I have version from 27.06.2012, so I think it's not the main problem
6) Yes

Well, after studing all your links I tried different settings and even full 3D which surprisingly didn't cause crush and flickering. But the game in full 3D looks like this:

No units and no grounds. After I switch to CPU mode from this I also have no difference, but I figured out that switching in-game resolution cause different errors, see:

This is how the game look in CPU hi resolution mode (no grounds, only units)

And this happens if I change resolution to middle one, which is not allowed in 3D mode, by the way (no units, only grounds).

By middle resolution I mean this:

So that's the point I stopped now. I fixed Alt+Tab, fixed 3D mode, but still have the game parts displaying problem Sad
I also tried different versions of EngRel.exe from your archive ("3d" and "not  3d"), tried different intro_crush_fixes and of course I reinstalled and made back up for the game before I experimented.

By the way, is it a must that the game should be in "Program Files" folder or it can be in "Games\Dark Omen", for example?
And the last, maybe if you can give me a link to proper version of English WH Dark Omen version and I'll reinstall it instead of my current, maybe it can help somehow.

Thanks again! I feel closer to finally play it :>
4  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Graphical problem on Windows 7 on: September 12, 2013, 04:03:53 PM
Well, I must say there is still no good news. Tried switching system to 16 bit color mode, 800x600 resolution (a minimal settings I can set on my netbook), tried to set win7/98 compatibility and 640x480 resolution for main .exe file - still no luck with black grounds. And the screen glitching is back, but this time I can't fix it too!

Hope, if I run the game on another PC (when I have one) it will bring more luck Smiley
5  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Graphical problem on Windows 7 on: September 10, 2013, 12:08:53 PM
Thanks Ghabry!

I've already selected CPU, otherwise I have screen glitches and missing menu texts Smiley But the black ground still appears.

In other places I heard that setting system screen colors to 16 bit in system resolution could fix it and also I should manually set Win98 compatibility in game launch icon. Will try this at the evening.

There is also a throubleshooting.exe which allows to try different video settings, maybe selecting or de-selecting some of them may fix that as well. At now I only have "Force 3D" and "No 3dfx" options selected and all color modes (8 bit, 16 bit, ect.).
6  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Graphical problem on Windows 7 on: September 09, 2013, 07:25:13 PM
From my DxDiag attached to previous post:

System:
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Basic 32-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130708-1532)
Language: Russian (Regional Setting: Russian)
System Manufacturer: SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD.
System Model: NC110P/NC108P/NC111P
BIOS: AMIBIOS Version 05QH.M083.20120630.TXJ
Processor: Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU N2800   @ 1.86GHz (4 CPUs), ~1.9GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 2036MB RAM
Page File: 2457MB used, 1614MB available
Windows Dir: C:\windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

Video:
Card name: Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator 3600 Series
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Intel(R) GMA 3600 Series (Atom N2800)
DAC type: Internal
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0BE2&SUBSYS_C614144D&REV_0B
Display Memory: 762 MB
Dedicated Memory: 0 MB
Shared Memory: 762 MB
Current Mode: 1024 x 600 (32 bit) (60Hz)
7  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Graphical problem on Windows 7 on: September 09, 2013, 03:20:05 PM
Hello, dear Dark Omen lovers!

Recently, I installed this amazing game it was not easy to make it run and work properly, but I succeed thanks to many uinstall manuals and throubleshooting articles, including this web site! In that case I want to say thanks to everyone who love this game and make it possible for others to run it on modern systems.

At now I fixed everything with dll, running the game, register editing and screen glitching. I even beat the goblins in the first level without any loses, hovewer, I still experience this problem: the landscape of every mission is completely black and I only see the regiments, arrows and cannon shots. I suspect my netbook's graphic card or system options cause this problem and I also think it can be fixed using TS.exe, where I should change some settings to make landscapes displaying correctly. But unfortunately I have no idea what I should change.

If anybody knows or met such a problem - I'd be very glad and thankful for receiving some help.

I'll attach my system and game settings later today.

Thanks a lot, guys!

Very best,
Dmtiry
Pages: [1]