April 26, 2024, 04:52:17 AM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: [1]
1  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tactical wargaming and other Warhammer games / Re: Shadow Of The Horned Rat on: May 19, 2022, 01:14:04 AM
PS1 SOTHR feels more like Dark Omen than the PC release, maybe is the engine they used for it.

i wish Mindscape had convinced GW and EA at that time to re-release the game on Dark Omen engine.

maybe one day the SRC for both will pop out somewhere like DNF 2001
2  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Original Mindscape Dark Omen Artwork & Magazine Articles on: May 19, 2022, 01:01:23 AM
if anything id wish to see those saved at the archives

and maybe models for 3dprinting of those old scenario assets.
3  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tactical wargaming and other Warhammer games / Re: Shadow Of The Horned Rat on: August 23, 2021, 10:10:31 PM
Here are more screenshots
https://imgur.com/a/9YBjYox
4  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tactical wargaming and other Warhammer games / Re: Shadow Of The Horned Rat on: August 23, 2021, 03:58:21 AM
So i bring good news of sort
Since the GoG installer is BUSTED on modern PC's, and since no one wants to make a wing32.dll wrapper to opengl32.dll or d3d9 and such so the game works on modern machines without video issues per dxwnd feedback

i've found another easier way using DOSBox ECE (there is also 86box, Optionals or X, all 3 supports windows)
OldGames sk compiled a long time ago a windows 3.11 installation on dosbox that runs out of the box with S3 card, a pentium and 486 of chosing configuring dosbox, SB16  + support for Roland MPU MIDI drivers if installed and pretty much 500mb size HD.
Also Vogons suggested that the Windows 3.11 installation is better than Windows 95 due to obvious modern compatibility issues, i decided to test it, it turns out it works, it works pretty well with the 1995 Original CD release and this 3.11 compilation.

5  The Remake Project / General Suggestions / Re: Dark Omen Reborn on: August 23, 2021, 12:37:51 AM
Hi sounds good and will investigate Kex engine. Is the proposed wrapper the same as Dege's dgvoodoo2?

Kex Engine is what Nightdive uses for their remasters, recently the Quake 1 remaster.
6  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Campaign: Dark Omen Enhanced Edition on: August 21, 2021, 10:26:16 PM
I Suggest taking a look at vogons later on with the newest DGVoodoo2 updates at vogons forums, since im occupied with other stuff i don't have too much time to look Dark Omen again due to Skyrim (there is a nice warhammer mod pack at Skyrim Special edition nexus https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/47858) and irl stuff.

plus, 4:3 CRT mode works now, therefore smooth dark omen in 4k.

Also Skyrim now has a AI Voice program that works well even for Campaigns if you guys wants to check it out https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/44184 it has support for all games there an its updated regularly and its open source, therefore it can be trained even to use SOTHR and Dark Omen Voices!
7  The Remake Project / General Suggestions / Re: Dark Omen Reborn on: August 21, 2021, 08:50:25 PM
I think that a good way to make Dark Omen work without a full fledged remake, is creating a wrapper so it can read the game's files.

Kinda like what Kex engine does
8  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Dark Omen in Full 3D Mode High Res XP and No Flicker! on: February 10, 2020, 11:44:18 PM
Sorry for taking too long, my config is the one that dege suggested, though im using Max FHD with MSAA and Anisotropy

also GDI hook enabled

One thing that i forgot to mention, im occupied lately with oblivion stuff and IRL issues
Im also using reshade to fix it up the image a bit, here is a pastebin of my config
https://pastebin.com/FEbaR5m1
9  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Dark Omen in Full 3D Mode High Res XP and No Flicker! on: January 08, 2020, 05:07:05 PM
Sorry for taking too long, my config is the one that dege suggested, though im using Max FHD with MSAA and Anisotropy

also GDI hook enabled
10  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Dark Omen in Full 3D Mode High Res XP and No Flicker! on: December 28, 2019, 12:29:35 AM
One would use a hex-editor to "diff" Dege's patched executable with the original executable to obtain the patch sequence.  I wonder about the "fullscreen window mode" hack currently in the Mod Pack...
Vogons was off over this entire evening due to the new changes, but i think he would be fine, as long as you guys ask him.

11  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Dark Omen in Full 3D Mode High Res XP and No Flicker! on: December 25, 2019, 01:39:46 AM
Good Night and Merry Christmas Everyone, i've been lurking these forums for a long time and i love WHFB.

For years Dark Omen always hated modern pc's and even to make it run on win 10 was a chore.
Well Recently, Dege, the author and dev of the miraculous DgVoodoo2 Wrapper for old games, created a patched EXE for the game that fixes the atrocious rainbow bugs and it enables the use of wrappers to 4k resolution, and even reshade.

https://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?p=803101#p803101

this thread has some screenshots testing it.

i've wanted to share these news with all of you, this since these news went off radar for everyone.
and sorry for the joke there, but this needs to be spread!

merry xmas and may 2020 be a good year for Fantasy Gaming, mainly now that the old world is coming back!

[attachment=1]

AND YES 3d WORKS!
Pages: [1]