April 16, 2024, 09:35:17 PM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]
391  Modifications / Tools / Re: Necrominicon on: August 08, 2009, 08:17:00 PM
What's it say in the 4th rule book?

I keep looking on ebay for it but all there is are 3rd and 5th editions.  I might just buy the 5th edition as its v.similar to 4th according to the WHFB wiki.

- Rob
Sure can you send the scource and exe that'll be great.
392  Modifications / Tools / Re: Necrominicon on: August 08, 2009, 06:57:12 PM
Ahhh sweet.

I must admit I'd be a bit dubious of altering the sprites as the "raise" animation might make the DO engine spaz.  However I suspect you'll be able to change the ws/s/mv/I/L/etc of the zombies without to much trouble, the number of zombies raise again might crash the game.

It's something I'll test later, and add-in to later editions.

There's also how DO will cope with only one EngRel changed in a multipler match.
393  Modifications / Tools / Re: Necrominicon on: August 08, 2009, 06:20:28 PM

Weapon Strength bonus
Greatsword (two handed sword)+2

2H weapons count as -1 to initiative but +1 to strength.

Huh??

Okay we've got olly's +2 to strenght, mika's +1strength - 1 initative, and my +2strenght init =1.

In balance terms i can see mine being right if they just give + 2 why would you ever equip polearms that just give +1,
same with mika plus -1 initative doesn't seam that much of a penalty.

However I can't rerember where i got the +2 hit last rule from - i think it was from a later edition. 
394  Warhammer Dark Omen / Dark Omen Expanded / Re: The 14 Armies Modification on: August 08, 2009, 03:34:22 AM
Is it possible to add more units onto the end of the .Aud files?
395  Modifications / Tools / Re: Necrominicon on: August 08, 2009, 03:27:02 AM
Nice, I seem to rerember someone saying 2H swords made you hit last except vs zombies (ie as if you had an Int score of 1), any mention of this in the 4th ed empire army book?

Psycology:
You take break tests if you lose in combat or are charged.
How does fear / terror work?

Also what counts as points in combat for the skeles? Ie they kill 2 but lose 4 does that = 2 extra lost troop?  Is it counted on wounds or kills? do numbers/ranks/height count?
396  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: hit&run and artillery solution - limited battletime on: August 08, 2009, 01:50:04 AM
Perhapes ban the wand of jet.  It makes it possible to do hit and run but it takes alot longer to charge up the 4 points needed to warp there and back (not including attack), and it's quite possible to chase down your mage.

Also disallow pistoliers from carring any items to give them some vunerability, if you've no calvary, ranged units, banner of wrath, mage, etc at the end, tough you lose.
397  Modifications / Tools / Necrominicon on: August 07, 2009, 11:27:59 PM
Hi, Some of you may rerember me from a few years back, I setup a message board, hamachi rooms, and a short lived campaign, when Mark of Choas (pile O’ shite) was in beta.

Anyway I got bored with DO and disappeared for bit, but I’ve decided to restart development on Necrominicon.

What is Necrominicon?
It’s a unit editor + army builder + mod interface all designed for ease of use and rolled into one (windows based).

What’s the point?
It allows easy creation and playing of multiplayer mods, leagues and campaigns.  Allowing the player to put together his army outside of DO army creation screen allows for much greater flexibility, and a whole slew of new feature not included in DO.

Features

Allows the easy creation of downloadable rule sets and armies, though which the user can easily browse though, and create valid army builds.
Allows game-masters to do the following:
Ban items, Change Item Price, Allow multiple quantities of the same item.
Only allow specific item/unit combinations (eg only allow wand of jet if your using a Ice mage not a fire mage)
Ban Units, Limit Unit Numbers (allows for armies of up to 19 units beyond the default 10), Limit specific unit numbers (eg, up to 2 mortars allowed), and limit specific unit type (eg up to 3 artillery any combination mortar/cannon).
Allows the applying of a point cost to units as well as gold cost.
Allow multiple unit gold/point increases (eg 1st unit of zombie 100gp, 2nd cost 150 gp, etc)
Allows the setting of any gold or point limit.
Allows the applying of spells to item slots (might be useful for say creating mages that can’t use teleport).

What will not be supported (at least not initially)
Altering unit sprites.
Altering the single player game.

Any other ability or rule suggestions are welcome.

Help Wanted

Please check these questions over time i’ll edit the post with what I need over time and delete answered questions.

I could do with info on the following:
Weapon types
What do the following weapons do (in-game):
Polearm
Flail
2 handed sword
Wrightblades
Etc

Necromancers raise dead spell: where does it get the info for the zombies?  Is it from the unit file or engrel?  (testable by altering the unit file so all zombie troops have 1 zombie, if it doesn’t get the stats from there it might be locatable by searching for the hex values of zombie attributes in the other DO files.

I’ve seen pictures of units with increased sizes but, how does the game cope with unit number increases to a single char units (eg 4 mages in a unit?, I presume the leader casts? Could you create units with a mage leader?), and monsters? (eg. 4 scorpions in a unit)

Additional Damage to skeleton units – anybody got an idea what the rule is?

Archer range – is it related to weapon (which i’d always assumed) skill and/or racial flag?

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]