April 19, 2024, 08:14:12 AM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: [1] 2 3
1  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Flickering os 8.1 on: March 30, 2017, 01:13:49 AM
Olly has reason, i have just installed the game again after years (cd went damage !! and i only had my ps one copy available !! ..... in fact , my ps1 console is out of service too since years due to lector malfunction) and if u do all things exactly as they say u will install and play the game whithout any problem  ...   well , maybe somes but not related to the installation guide !!

I usually played over an Win XP SO, an AMD Athlon 1.8 Ghz, 1GB Ram 333 Mhz DDR, 256 MB video ram, VGA monitor 15" 1024x728 DX9 playing at high quality game options (except 3D mode and colour cursor) and so many years has passed that now i had to install the game over a new pc .... inmediatly succes !!

Now im running the game over WIN 10 using an AMD A10-7800 Kaveri Quad Core 3.5 GHZ, 8GB Ram 2133 Mhz DDR3, 1GB video ram , 23" monitor HD touch 1920x1080 DX12. I thought i could try 3D mode and colored cursors now but $%$&$% !!!
i still cannot !!! After trying those game settings my pc monitor went frozen (after game intro) and i come back to reality ...  xD

Plus that, now i cant play using high quality options and i have to play at medium otherwise i got too low FPS.
No flickering, no gamma or color quality problems, no flat video or any kind of problem related ; no windowed game.

As an aditional tip:
..... "somehow" , i have discovered that if u got a CD image of the game this one usually is a BIN file. If u use newest CD burners that supports BIN files as well as ISO ones, normally thay cant burn it correctly and the result is an error. U will have a CDA (audio CD or wathever) instead of a game data CD and mostly ppl doesnt notice it because all the game files are visible on the CD data when using the explorer and opening the disc as a directory. Using an old cd burner version or simply trying another diff one than first used will solve this. For ex, Ashampoo (all versions) cant record properly but newest PowerISO version does it perfectly !!

Great work guys !!
2  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: Unique table points + elite forces on: September 03, 2009, 03:08:48 PM
oh, well , its right (note from the autor: im heavelyu drunked)

alavet thought that i was thinking on change the system, i assume the (5) rest thinks that too and others, but im only (notese) did a table that resume all in a single table using your own criteria, at least the first table is that way. Little changes has made for a reasonable and redactable table, thats all. Second and third was new propositions but i never release them.

i did the table in html format and i upload it, i stick it in a web page , its in english and i have given all the instruccions for download or view it.

i cant do more
3  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: Unique table points + elite forces on: September 02, 2009, 08:28:39 PM
You're right jeronimo, armybuilt table points is much better name but since there is no interest i have decided to stop this topic. No more tables.
4  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: Unique table points + elite forces on: August 31, 2009, 03:52:10 AM
p.s. i also visited your link Crusoe and haev to say you did a great job with uploading these bunches of images :-) looks so sweet. unfortunately i dont understand spanish so cant read nything else

mmmmm.... 
You must do this:

1.- go to http://mausoleojuegos.iespana.es/

2.- inside there click on Anexo1: Warhammer: Dark Omen (that page has info in spanish but is an old "work" or proposition, the unique table is visible only after step 3 and the info is in english)

3.- click on Vea la tabla resumen para modos de juego de 3k, 5k,7k y 9k en este link

4.- if u prefer, u can download the unique table from here http://rapidshare.com/files/272295605/tabla.rar.html

i also have to do 2 more tables, the first one practically doesnt do any changes in points assigned to the different troops.

5  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: Unique table points + elite forces on: August 27, 2009, 09:41:45 PM
in progress ....48 % complete

Hi guys, i would like to show you all the complete work but i m not sure if i can finish it soon, i have decided to show you a part of this and who knows, maybe showing my work step by step u could do some help or simply let me see that this is not relevant for continue.

Please, check the first table (table A) in html format just clicking in:

http://mausoleojuegos.iespana.es --------> then apply Anexo1: warhammer ------> inside there apply tabla para 3,5,7 y 9k.  (its in english)

or if u prefer, download the html file here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/272295605/tabla.rar.html

Hi jeronimo and bembelimen,  dont worry about my commentaries, in fact your ones have been very usefull and have motivate me.
In later tables ill try to adjust points using some of your criteria jeronimo and proporcional values.

At least im sure tis first table is gonna be very interesting for all because u can easely compare points assigned between troops. Anyways, whit or whithout new tables, the game modes are very interesting and funny .....  just the ***** confusion between game modes makes me crazy
6  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: Unique table points + elite forces on: August 27, 2009, 04:00:02 PM
 Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

AGAIN !! i have never been talking about changing points !!!  (at least on this topic)
maybe some little adjusts for doing a table easier to understand !! thats alll !!

i dont want to implement a new balance, i try to simplify MY player life (knowing there are many other players in similar way) doing and creating a table that makes me possible to create 3 different armies in less than 10 ***** minutes just because all the info is regardless somewhere, updated in other somewhere in a an unknown sometime, whit almost 7 different modes of playing using different points assigned to a same army and worst of all, surely the comunnity is gonna create another 7 more different modes of playing.

If i dont modify the original points assigned my objetive will not be totally raised but if i least can regroup the info and resume it in a unique table i probably raise 40 or 50%

Points modifications are clearely necessary, not for balance propouses, its for GOD SAKE propouses. Anyways, i REPEAT that is not my intention to change the ***** points, if we center on discuss a new balance in this topic this is gonna be confusest than the original tables and their point varieties and rules.

anyways, ill try doing 3 tables so that way we could do a comparission between them and maybe, in another topic, make a votation, point adjustements, add or delete info, etc :

A.- a table done using the original points assigned: all the individual tables regrouped in a unique table doing faster reading possible but doubt to points varieties its still not so clear. It advantage it is specially made for preserve fair play and balance into the multi games but takes several minutes to create different armies even if you use a same troop.

B.- a table using points adjusted for an easy way to create different armies: easy to understand, fastest reading, easy for learn it whitout been reading it constantly, completely multiuse, all in accesibility and easy comprension favour. It disvantage it is not balanced for fair play and it is not probed or approbed for any comunnity player.

C.- a table that proposes some points adjustments: the macro proyect, the mistic table, the divine table, the sacre table, the hidden table, the terror table, the one that combines tables A and B in a way from looking balance and simplicity.

In progress ...... 25% of job done
7  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: Unique table points + elite forces on: August 24, 2009, 08:15:29 PM
hola vecino !!!

Le voy a responder en español porque escribir en ingles me sale mas tortuoso, por lo demás nos entenderemos mejor y mas rapido   Grin Grin Grin

Comienzo por agradecer de antemano tu interés y ayuda, confieso que de flojo y pajero no he hecho nada aún y que honestamnete me desinflo a veces debido a la falta de interés de las demás personas.

Me ha costado un mundo darle a entender a estos gueones jajajaja  que no es de mi interés modificar los puntos que ellos asignaron, ellos tienen mas experiencia y llevan mucho mas tiempo jugando, eso sin contar que se merecen todos los créditos del mundo porque han logrado formar una comunidad muy entusiasta, trabajadora y enviciada en dark omen.

La webada que yo quiero es hacer solo una tabla, una única tabla que resuma todo lo que han hecho porque al igual que tú, al ver por primera ves la tabla de 9k30, quedé mas enredado que las rechucha y me enfermó tener que estar viendo diferentes páginas, tablas , reglamentos , etc, todos dispersos por distintos lados en donde el exceso de información hace aún mas enredado el asunto. Resumir la tabla al menos lograría ordenar un poco el asunto, si la hacemos bien debería ser una gran ayuda para todos.

Si se trata de puntajes para asignar, lamentablemente logré descifrar un método matemático basado simplemente en proporciones que logra distribuir los puntajes de manera equitativa a medida que vas subiendo de 3 a 9k pero como dije, lamentablemente no me pescaron ni para el reverendo gueveo. La razón Huh???  para poder mantener la proporcionalidad tuve que cambiar algunos puntajes de las tablas originales y parece que a los niñitos no les gustó.  jejeje

la info en detalle aún está visible y la puedes encontrar en:

http://forum.dark-omen.org/rules-and-standards/5k15-revision-7k21-9k27-plus-elite-mode-fundaments-t302.0.html

la misma info pero en español y con los gráficos mas claros y visibles en:

http://mausoleojuegos.iespana.es/  dentro de esa dirección pincha en Anexo1: Warhammer: Dark Omen

La aparición de 9k30 fué posterior a la info que está en los links asi que hay cosas que no estan consideradas como el uso de tropas de nivel 2 o superior.

Debido a que te has dado el trabajo de calcular algunos puntajes y otras cosas mas, voy a terminar la tabla y la voy a postiar para que podamos revisarla y hacer las modificaciones que sean necesarias tratando de no alterar los puntajes que ya estan asignados ..... pero a mas de alguna webadita habrá que pegarle una pincelada
Consideraré las propuestas que has hecho puesto que por ahí, leyendo a la rápida, vi algo que me interesó bastante.

gracias por desearme suerte, suerte a ud tambien vecino

Posted by Alavet: why you want to change it?

R: i have never said that
8  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Music on: August 20, 2009, 02:57:24 AM
i have posted recently my musical tendence.

Nice post for complete my declaration of "heavy metal eater"

Accept & U.D.O. and their 99.9% tracklist are my favorites; manowar, human fortress, heaven's gate... etc.
58.4% from Metal Church, specially those whit David Wayne (q.e.p.d), 87% from annihilator and 80% from Rob Halford solist.
Im a spanish speaker and i got my reverences to some spanish singer bands like Angeles del infierno, specially diabolica disc and my local band Panzer (great name - from chile)

In 80's and actually i still loves some glam metal, time has shown that those bands were amazing like motel cure, ratt, armored sait, etc, going really upper than s.h.i.t.s like nirvana, the new s.h.i.tallica, cradle of s.h.i.t and more s.h.i.ts

.....metal is slowly dying
9  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Funny images ov Warhammer on: August 20, 2009, 02:00:49 AM
 Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

NICE !!
10  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: hi, this is my game box and manual allll in spanish on: August 20, 2009, 01:58:48 AM
escanealo compadre porfaaaaa!!!  peazo de material que tienes wn, esa webada es una reliquia !!
11  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Darko & Heavy Metal movie video on: August 20, 2009, 01:52:17 AM
Maybe some of u have seen this video before, maybe most have not seen it...

I did this video originally on VHS system about 1998 included editions an audio mixes, now im proud to see it on youtube after transformed in digitalized codec, so if u see some lines or low quality on video is due to vhs system.

why heavy metal Huh?  because i'm a heavy metal eater.

My favorite bands are german, i envy u guys.
Pls enjoy and feel free for doing commentaries, no matter if they are bad ones !!!

AMV metal church & warhammer dark omenDQ | by Aeva

12  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: Unique table points + elite forces on: August 19, 2009, 06:50:52 PM
so from what i got from reading you're mainly talking about another method of playing, not about changing system with rules, right?

Right ! its a some kind of contuination of the original modes doing possible the further use of winner armies, items and gold.

The system preserves balance because u must preserve the "regiment base" and u only can match similar armies.

No such matter if u cannot refill; THATS THE IDEA !!!, only better armies (players) can win and survive for be upgraded and thats not all, the army must win in good enough conditions that makes possible and rentable to refill, rearmy and requip otherwise thats never gonna be an elite army and u cant win such privilege.

I havent read so much about conquest but the few that i have read seems very interesting and its pretty tempter but i cant join due to my local timezone and other things relative to time disposal, thats the same problem that limits me for joining you in tournaments and i prefer to not compromise because i know there are at leat 90% of probabilities that i will not be there at time. Sorry for the inconvenience.

If you will have "elite 4" or better army, it would be hard to search opponent.
Reqiments upgrades it's level too long. It will die before it im think.

I had 3 or 4 3k10 armies somewhere, in fact using a normal an unrulled 3k army is hard to find and interested opponent.
I believe that its easier to find interested opponents for using their elite forces that players using 3k armies (for example) and the requirement upgrade isnt too long !! ; ITS TOO HARD , thats completely different. If u win in good enough conditions for 3 consecutive times u can hand an elite force 2 inmediatly. If u die or win in bad conditions, just do the same that u are been doing all this time, dont save the changes and continue trying using your army against another players or simply dismiss it and edit another.

Finally, i did the translation in the original topic inside the forum bembelimen, so it was in english. its very difficult for me to do this work in english, takes me 3 more times than normal. This forum response has took me about 45 minutes.
Well, to much words and no enough work, ill try doing a new table that combines 3k,5k,7k and 9k as a resume of all your work, but surely needs some little adjusts.
Pls understand that the original objetive is not balance the game so dont waste your time talking me about "cavalry isnt so...  the mage has too many...  my little pony has more range....  bla bla bla"

the table must resume all rules in an unique point table doing it easier to understand the system varieties and doing information faster in accesibility.

I DO THE TABLE FORMAT

ALL OF US (YOU) DO THE POINTS ADJUTMENTS.
13  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: Unique table points + elite forces on: August 17, 2009, 05:58:50 AM
hi bembelimen

The point/objetive is to resume all rules in an unique point table doing it easier to understand the system varieties and doing information faster in accesibility. The unique table not neccesary needs to be readjusted in the specific amount of points setted, maybe a table that combines all modes and points could be the solution.

This way, players could go directly to a wikipage that has all the necessary information instead of reading four.

"go to this link for 5k games" "go to this other for 7k"  "go to..... " too many goes to !!! (factions included)

The other point/objetive is try to simplify the points so the table could be resumed and more practical for armybuilds.

Finally, the elite forces concept is a way to incentivate the use of upgrade armies in game.
-----------------------

I did a suggestion before that had many errors or wasnt so adapted for the different systems but not enough people did his commentaries or sugestions so i lost the motivation; in this case is the same, if i got no enough help in suggestions, commentaries, sugerences, corrections, etc, i'm not gonna pull up this topics.

......but im not the only one who can do this and in fact, there are much better and dedicated players that could do it.
14  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: FO Tournament on: August 16, 2009, 08:53:45 AM
these guys are very experienced on Darko and they have many tactics and many "white" tricks for using mages, cavalry and mages so they are afraid themselves from been atacked using their own "gameplay"

anyways, they have done a great job studying "fair play mode" but i think they still dont recognize they cant pass trhought the "original rules" made from "the original creators of the game" and thats why we still are discusing tópics like "what to do when mage is the last unit"

why do i did this comentary??

because this guy has made another contribution for hole community and instead reading "sugerences" i have read old threads that have never been approved for all members.

15  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Unique table points + elite forces on: August 15, 2009, 05:26:14 PM
too many rules for different modes of playing; all modes requires a different point cost for a same army and so on...

i still suggets to create a unique table point, isnt so easy but its the only for doing an order. This way you r gonna fill about 100 wiki pages and its gonna turn confused and hard for explain and understand for new players, u should do an order now for prevent that.

------------------
Elite forces:

Main idea: if i got a winner 9k/30 army i would like to use it in further games using my earned gold and items.

Problems:
a) This kind of fights usually r unfair but i think there is a way to balance them.
b) Armies edited CAN'T grow.

Solution: mots probably all player has more than 1 army for set, in this example three 9 gold armies. Obviously the player armies has different names for recongnition (names like AAA9k30, BBB9k30, CCC9k30).
   If army BBB9k30 WINS a battle could take all the gold and experience collected for doing some arrangements and repositions (hire new soldiers, new armies, new items, etc.) BUT, this NEW ARRANGED AND EXPERIENCED ARMY should be saved us:

BBB9k30 elite0

BBB       = specific name assigned for player, identification (ex.: archers, longrange, monsters, mpro, etc.)
9k         = gold spent during the creation of the army
30         = army limited to 30 points from the UNIQUE TABLE POINTS.
elite      = indicates that the original 9k30 army has been arranged and its experienced (its a winner 9k30 army)
0 (cero) = this number indicates how many WINNER FIGHTS does this army has. In this case the player has won a battle against another 9k30 army and surely he has decided to use the experience and gold earned but HE HAS NEVER USED THIS ARMY BEFORE and its looking for another similar army for battle against.

so, a player could have armies like: HHH5k15 elite2 ; DDD9k30 elite0 ; SSS9k30 elite4)

Special rules (for debate):
a) only similar armies can match each other (ex.: YYY9k30 elite3 v/s PPP9k30 elite3) [both elite3]
b) when player decides to do some arrangements whit gold earned he might preserve the original one
    (ex.: army based 3 canions, 2 mortars, 1 B mage = 6 troops in total
           so, he can FREELY BUY UP TO 4 TROOPS FOR ADDING NO MATTER THEIR LEVEL,
           he can FREELY ADD ARMOR,
           he can FREELY BY ITEMS,
           he CANT replace the original squads (3 canions, 2 mortars, 1 B mage)
           he CANT use an item more than once (ex.: MAX 1 HORN IN ALL ARMY)

Gameplay: in an eventual battle (ex.: YYY9k30 elite3 v/s PPP9k30 elite3), the winner battle wins an ELITE UPGRADE and the looser one stands on his level:

if YYY9k30 elite3 WINS ---------> YYY9k30 elite4----> he can do some NEW ARRANGEMENTS
                        if YYY9k30 elite3 LOSE ---------> continues been YYY9k30 elite3 (original settings must be preserved)

Supervision: this kind of playing is based on honor and honestly, but it could be supervised too !!
                 players could POST his original armybuilds, thats all.

Esencials:  
a) UNIQUE TABLE POINTS
Pages: [1] 2 3