March 28, 2024, 10:55:22 PM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: 1 [2] 3
16  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: New Dark Elf sprite files on: April 25, 2017, 09:25:54 AM
Ahh ok... I'll give that a try maybe tomorrow.

Looks pretty damn good though now and the BANARC.spr files have a bow, close enough to a crossbow anyway and a sword in combat. Just need those 2 units resized. Corsairs might actually be alright, I'll have to check and confirm but the Dark Lancer ones are definitely too big.

I'll have a go trying to resize the units anyway, as I said I'm not very good with these sprite editors. I did graphics stuff back in 2001 for a few years but moved on to the programming world so it's not really my strength any more.
17  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: New Dark Elf sprite files on: April 25, 2017, 09:16:06 AM
YOU FOUND IT!

That's the one I was trying to find.... well done!
18  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: New Dark Elf sprite files on: April 25, 2017, 09:13:19 AM
I did that for all new .bmp files as well... one by one before saving the sprite.
19  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: New Dark Elf sprite files on: April 25, 2017, 09:12:17 AM
Ahh I see... I haven't worked out how to use MDose yet... I followed the instructions on another forum post but I can't get it to work. I thought it was working but it's not.

• Loaded sprite file for Shades using Dark Elf Crossbowmen as template
  • Imported fairy on Sprite 1
  • Clicked Remap Sprite
  • Clicked Compile
  • Clicked Save Sprite

But I couldn't get it to work properly Sad
20  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: New Dark Elf sprite files on: April 25, 2017, 09:09:16 AM
Yep...

21  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: New Dark Elf sprite files on: April 25, 2017, 09:03:38 AM
I've already got all these sprites from your previous upload.

I'm trying to create a new one for Dark Elf Shades.
22  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: New Dark Elf sprite files on: April 25, 2017, 09:01:58 AM
Yeh I used the Corsairs already, they look good. The Sea Dragon Cloaks are amazing!

We could use them as a template however I don't think Shades have 2 weapons. I could use that I guess and just change the cape to black maybe.
23  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: New Dark Elf sprite files on: April 25, 2017, 08:55:27 AM
Haha, well 8 or so frames have shields which is a bit weird.

Anyway, I tried editing the WoodElfArchers sprites to change the green colours to black/grey and the gold colours to purple but doesn't look very good. I haven't used MDose much so can't really get it to work to be honest.

Did you want to have a go with that?

• Copy Wood Elf Archers sprites
  • Change Green colours to Dark Grey, Change Gold trim on cape to Purple
  • Compile new sprite

It's pretty easy I just haven't got enough experience yet so it will take me a while to figure all this out.

In the meantime, I'm going to work on getting those banners into the script so there's 11 banners in total and creating the Book Profiles as required.
24  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: New Dark Elf sprite files on: April 25, 2017, 07:47:38 AM
I'm about half way through editing the Wood Elf Archer sprites to look like Dark Elf Shades and it's coming along quite well so far... much better than I thought anyway!

Will keep you posted.
25  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: New Dark Elf sprite files on: April 25, 2017, 06:51:35 AM
Yeh the Dark Elf Warriors don't have shields... they have both hands on the spear.

I used to use the Outlaw Pistolier sprites as Shades however in all sprites I see, they are all riding horses but I swear a while back I found some sprites originally similar to the Outlaw Pistoliers without a horse (mounted).

I can't seem to find it now so unfortunately I'd have to edit all the sprites for Wood Elf Archers, changing the colours over to Black/Purple instead but yeh, I totally suck at editing graphics nowadays. More of a programmers mind hahaha!

Where do we get the sprites for Age of Wonders?

And the harpies look pretty good.
26  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: New Dark Elf sprite files on: April 24, 2017, 03:38:12 PM
Attached 2 sprites.... couldn't send them in a message but here are the 2 remaining sprites for editing.

As I said, I suck at editing sprites these days.

• Dark Elf Warriors (with spears and no shields)
  • Dark Elf Witch (to be used as a base for harpies)

I'd like to try add shields to the Dark Elf Spearmen and then copy that sprite and change the spears to swords so there are 2 units available, Dark Elf Warriors (with swords) and Dark Elf Warriors (with spears) and both having shields now.

The Dark Elf Witch sprite I've attached could be used as a base for model for the harpies. Just need to lighten up the skin tone, remove armour and add wings.

Let me know if this is something you can do.

These are the units I have already just to repeat for others:
  • Dark Elf Warriors (with spears)
  • Dark Elf Crossbowmen
  • Dark Elf Black Guard
  • Dark Elf Corsairs
  • Dark Elf Witch Elves
  • Dark Elf Har Ganeth Executioners
  • Dark Elf Shades
  • Dark Elf Dark Riders
  • Dark Elf Cold One Knights
  • Dark Elf Sorceress
  • Dark Elf Repeater Bolt Thrower
  • Dark Elf Hydra

I've used a combination of your new sprites + existing sprites from the Dark Omen 2 mod pack so it covers a few units but haven't completed everything yet so will probably do so in the next few days.

I'll add in your custom Banners as well so there are about 11 banners, 1 for each unit type.

I'll also create custom Book Profiles for all the units as above.
27  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: New Dark Elf sprite files on: April 24, 2017, 12:31:45 PM
Awesome mate... see what we can do Smiley
28  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: New Dark Elf sprite files on: April 24, 2017, 10:05:55 AM
Thanks mate... Olly is working on a new update for the Dark Omen 2 Mod so once that is released over the next few days I'll make some customisations to the Dark Elf army and include some new unit types, maybe see how I go using your sprite files.

29  Modifications / Tools / Re: Multiplayer with DO2 Mods on: April 23, 2017, 10:58:16 PM
Awesome.... looks really good with that screenshot and the armies lined up!
30  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: Name ID + Banner/Sprites on: April 23, 2017, 10:56:38 PM
Legend mate.... thought it might have something to do with the xslots.txt.
Pages: 1 [2] 3