April 25, 2024, 12:36:48 PM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: [1] 2 3
1  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: application unable to start correctly on: May 15, 2017, 05:19:44 AM
I got hacked last week just a day before the hacking your probably heard about it the news.... had to rebuild the laptop and enable DirectPlay, reinstall the game and mods, add reg files etc but surprisingly I don't need to do anything regarding compatibility mode and Windows 10 keeps trying to expand my 640 x 480 screen to much larger. Haven't tested that out just yet because the game is working now but yeh, just surprised I didn't need to enable compatibility mode for once.
2  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: New Dark Elf sprite files on: May 04, 2017, 02:05:55 PM
I'm up to 01_06 now.... so far so good.

Damn, defending Helmgart is a really hard mission with the Dark Elves. See how I go tomorrow when I can focus more on the actual gameplay and if I can get through that level or not.

It's taking some time to complete, however as I said I am getting there and it's quite fun so far!
3  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: New Dark Elf sprite files on: April 29, 2017, 11:19:24 PM
And book files... I just re-used some book profile images here and for heroes set the secondary unit name as the hero name so it appears in the book profile. I wrote up a whole profile description for all troops which I've also attached in the xslots.txt example[attachment=2]
4  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: New Dark Elf sprite files on: April 29, 2017, 11:16:43 PM
Here's the banners I was using although some were mistakes I just couldn't be bothered to fix up properly  Lips Sealed but if those new banners from illidian work that would be pretty awesome!
5  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: New Dark Elf sprite files on: April 29, 2017, 11:15:26 PM
Makes sense now... don't think I have the knowledge yet on how to fully set up a new campaign so can only really try cloning your existing DO2 Mod I guess and see how that goes.

In the meantime, here are all the sprites for the following units:
  • Dark Elf Spearmen
  • Dark Elf Crossbowmen
  • Dark Elf Corsairs
  • Dark Elf Witch Elves
  • Dark Elf Black Guard
  • Dark Elf Har Ganeth Exectioners
  • Dark Elf Shades
  • Dark Elf Dark Riders
  • Dark Elf Cold One Knights
  • Dark Elf Repeater Bolt Thrower
  • Dark Elf Hydra
  • Dark Elf Sorceress
  • Tullaris Dreadbringer
  • Malus Darkblade

Will keep testing and see what I can learn....
6  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: New Dark Elf sprite files on: April 29, 2017, 08:53:20 AM
Ok so really weird... was trying to create a new campaign using other templates such as Undead/Skaven Mod and even Wood Elves however sprites worked, banners worked it's just once I changed xSlots.txt name all units in the deployment shield had Orc Arr'r Boyz flags instead and when clicked it crashed.

So the only change that triggered that was a name change of existing unit in xSlots.txt. Is there somewhere else referring to that exact name in coding etc? Just found that to be strange.

I'll upload all existing sprites tonight so the Dark Elf Army sprites, xSlots with descriptions etc, banners (definitely to be replaced if possible) and book profile images (didn't really make any changes here).

Will see how I go with the DO2 Mod and finding the error that crashed that because I had it all working quite well. I'll just need to go through trial and error, testing to debug what's crashing it at that point.

Thanks for all your help so far Smiley
7  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: New Dark Elf sprite files on: April 29, 2017, 12:13:06 AM
Wow those banners look good!

Thanks Olly.... yeh I figured that .txt had something to do with it.

Might be time to send over some files for you guys.....
8  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: New Dark Elf sprite files on: April 28, 2017, 01:37:18 PM
So I've tested it using the new levels on Dark Omen 2 Mod however it crashes on the 3rd level.

Problem is.... I'm not sure which is the third level because DO2 Mod starts of at Battle 06_01 and then 06_02 haha....

Will send Olly a message and see if he can help me out with the level orders just so I can tweak whatever army is missing and crashing at that point.

So far looks really good though... would be easier if the troops weren't locked into deployment so they could be placed but I'll ask Olly that as well.
9  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: New Dark Elf sprite files on: April 27, 2017, 10:24:31 PM
No those sprites are fine already.

It all looks pretty good for now... I'm nearly finished testing out the custom enemies for the Single Player missions and then the kit is ready for release so you can test it out or add your own touch to it if you'd like to improve a few aspects.

Thanks for your help! One person can make change but together we can make a difference.....
10  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: New Dark Elf sprite files on: April 27, 2017, 10:36:46 AM
Yeh I've got everything adjusted as well as I could in terms of stats, bonuses, always pursue, fear and so on... just working out unit costs based on this:
http://forum.dark-omen.org/troops/troop-replacement-cost-formulas-t881.0.html

Got the banners set, got the Book profiles done but didn't go all the way with the images but still looks pretty damn decent now.

I'll compile it all as a package once I've completed the remaining items:
  • Troops replacement costs
  • Enemy units
11  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: New Dark Elf sprite files on: April 27, 2017, 04:51:15 AM
Now these guys look real good... I've still got the Black Guard sprite from DO2 Mod so I switched yours over to Har Ganeth Executioners and kept the original Black Guard as that but looks real good.

The corsairs are awesome as well but I forgot to get a screenshot.

12  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: New Dark Elf sprite files on: April 27, 2017, 04:41:48 AM
Ok I found it:
http://forum.dark-omen.org/2d-sprites/sprites-t190.0.html

Do the backgrounds on those sprite strips need to be the green colour and not the darker colour?

13  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: New Dark Elf sprite files on: April 27, 2017, 04:39:42 AM
No idea where to get the rdose program downloaded.
14  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: New Dark Elf sprite files on: April 27, 2017, 12:59:30 AM
Cool as... I'll have a go with the other Sprite compiler later today and keep you posted
15  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: New Dark Elf sprite files on: April 25, 2017, 09:28:51 AM
Yeh just checked and the Corsairs are too big as well.

It's looking real good though, a decent selection of units available.
Pages: [1] 2 3