April 23, 2024, 11:56:15 PM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: [1] 2
1  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament January 2010 on: January 05, 2010, 08:15:33 AM
Count me in. Want to try New Balance Mod. I hope wkurwiony finished his work with black orcs Smiley
2  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament December on: December 18, 2009, 04:12:22 PM
Confirm.
3  Warhammer Dark Omen / Multiplayer / Re: pLan - VPN client on: December 04, 2009, 08:11:06 PM
Looks Great!

Thanks

Smiley

Always welcome Smiley
4  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: 3000/10 on: December 02, 2009, 06:23:37 PM
1. horn should stay at 6 or even 5 not 7 imo, didnt saw it on last tournament, so it means something, that its useless for players now as it takes 1/4 your gc and leaves you with 4 points
Totaly agree
horn is acutally very powerufll. not less than bgk
Also agree. But the horn can actually not only scare anemy untis, but raly your. So it can be a nice counter measure against UD (also BGK Smiley ) So here is my proposal:
- Horn 4-5p. and restricted for UD armies. Fair enough dont ya think?

that horn bugs or disconnects games very often , at least on my side
now i c why you want it soooo expencive lol. Nah just joking. But thats 100% client problem. Probably soundfiles.

skarab sword imo 1 point, reason ? its expensive
the same thoughts here
5  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: 3000/10 on: December 01, 2009, 09:05:21 PM
2009-12-01: Mercenary Cavalry from 3/3/4 to 3/2/3
Wasn't necessery. After buying 2 of them you have 300gc left. And 5 points. All items for 300gc are 1p. Nothing changes even if "Mercenary Cavalry 3/6/100"
6  Warhammer Dark Omen / Multiplayer / Re: pLan - VPN client on: December 01, 2009, 05:48:24 PM
To create server room:

Click "Create room" button. You will see this window:

[attachment=1]

After filling all fields that needed and pressing "OK"  this window appears:

[attachment=2]

Thats all. Start the game, you and everyone in your server room are now in LAN.
Enjoy.
7  Warhammer Dark Omen / Multiplayer / Re: pLan - VPN client on: December 01, 2009, 05:33:50 PM
Next step - main interface window.

[attachment=1]

You may change the skin to "military" which is in english. Not very convinient skin though.
Joining the room is simple. Pick a room, click JOIN.
Next step is about room creation.
8  Warhammer Dark Omen / Multiplayer / Re: pLan - VPN client on: December 01, 2009, 05:23:48 PM
Ok. Its almost over Smiley

Next step - Connection Options screen

[attachment=1]

Here we should choose your IP. You know your IP, right? Smiley
Now we can click "OK"
9  Warhammer Dark Omen / Multiplayer / Re: pLan - VPN client on: December 01, 2009, 05:15:34 PM
Ok. Hopefully the install process went well and we start the pLan client (shortcut will be on your desktop). To avoid any connection problems you have to disable AV and FW! (if you don't know how to route through them, of course)

First run of the client starts with Options window. Like this

[attachment=1]

When you enter your nick name and checked the boxes you wish to, proceed to step 2.

[attachment=2]

Here you should choose "Internet" connection as shown.
10  Warhammer Dark Omen / Multiplayer / Re: pLan - VPN client on: December 01, 2009, 04:38:50 PM
While installing you will see message like this

[attachment=1]

It means that drivers are not certified by Microsoft bla,bla,bla. Click to cintinue through the install process.

Then if no problems occured then we will be asked to install TeamSpeak codecs. If choose to install or not - they will not be installed. That's a future option.
Install complete.
11  Warhammer Dark Omen / Multiplayer / Re: pLan - VPN client on: December 01, 2009, 04:25:02 PM
So here comes install guide.

1) Download client setup (Link in previous post)

2) Start Setup programm.

3) While install is in progress, you'll be asked to install OpenVPN. Install it.
[attachment=1]

4) Install ALL components

12  Warhammer Dark Omen / Multiplayer / pLan - VPN client on: December 01, 2009, 01:26:45 PM
This is an alternative to Hamachi. It works the same way as Hamachi, but has some differences. I'm not saying that you should stop using hamachi or something like that. I'm offering an alternative way of connection 4 those who wish to play DO but have some problems with hamachi (or finds it unconvinient)
Here is some advantages:
- Its free (yeah i know that Hamachi is also free)
- No registration required.
- It uses similar interface as Game Ranger (never saw it Wink ) and its simple to use (Hamachi too maybe). What does it means? You start the programm, you see the window, you create\join the server , chat in server chat window (if you wish), close it to trey, start the game, choose lan game, play.
- It works with a loooooot of games (L4D, World in Conflict, Borderlands etc.), while playing L4D via Hamachi is a head ache, 4 example. It should work with ANY game that supports LAN.
- When you close your programm you are quiting the server room. That means no Hamachi problem when the room is almost filled with offline users (besides i never saw pLan's server room limit).
- You see all server rooms available at the time. (that means if you see CoD or something like that - you can join and play it also. If you see no DO servers - you create it, and the next one who comes there can join ya)
- Personaly, I get faster connection - if anyone had such a problem.
- It supports different skins, so you can create your own (with your native language 4 example).
Here's some disadvantages:
- I hadn't find pLan with english interface by now. Don't worry i'll write a complete guide with screenshots very soon (or someone will make a skin in english)
- You has to be online to start the server room. Well i don't see any difficulties but some users may (oh my GOD! Start the room by myself!!!)

Where to get - http://plan.volia.org/files/pLan.exe (it should be working under Vista 32\64 too)

Ok this is just a couple of words about this client. Next time I'll post a guide how to install and use it (no problemss should occure, but who knows? Wink). And now I need some volunteers who wish to check it (PM me).

Thats all 4 know.  

13  Warhammer Dark Omen / Multiplayer / Re: New balancing proposal for items on: November 30, 2009, 08:37:37 PM
i propose following options for 3/10, 5/15, 9/30 and 7/??
to change points for magic swords for 0 points except skrabash...

since price for swords already too high and no need to get even additional points for it.
example is grub. sword (625gc or more?) costs more than single regiment, and by power i hardly doubt it cost like even more than half of regiment.
it will allow some armies like goblins to get little more power or new armybuilds...
skrabash should be priced for 1 i think, sicne cost is rather big...
+1
14  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament December on: November 30, 2009, 08:14:37 PM
I'll take part anyway, but 19th seems a bit more comfortable date...
15  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: 3000/10 on: November 29, 2009, 10:01:22 PM
Ooook bembelimen Smiley But u can't put me down with ur msg:1) All i'm writing is just a theory 2)I always can post a reply  Grin

I don't get the point...We know, that the gold is sometimes a limit for regiments and for some regiments you cannot buy 3 units, but this makes the points for the first and second not useless? We just didn't make a "-" instead of the 3rd regiment points.
One or two posts up. I said that prices are just a PART of a balance(maybe lesser). Call that part of my msg "intro to a long monologue"

As you said, the gold coins were a limit, so it's not really important how much points a treeman costs.
That was an example of how to count the balance system, not how to kill a treeman Smiley Or how much points should it cost. Here it is (2nd post up) You take all existing combinations of 4 points (5,4,9 - nvm. The method 4 a unit is still the same.I know that there is now 9p units): elven archers+ BoD, 2 orc boar boyz, etc. Then u c how ur 4p units is against them. Then comes that 50\50 crap... Damn i start to repeat myself...

In general a good idea, ........ which will win most of the games (Think at BGK+Banner of Wrath, BGK+meat etc.)
Hm... where did ya get that "Wraiths - 2p"? IMO 4p is enough. And yes I'll try 2 use hide&run 'cause I don't really have an options here. Btw why 2 archers? Why not 2 cannons?And surely I will place them behind the hill to make shure that they cannot shot or see foes.
 Anyway I got your point. Btw wraith + arch aint an ultimate combination. To much other combinations that can beat it easily (at least i think so). And there are a lot of combinations, so how about BGK+Banner of Wrath against 2 Wraiths + arch? (just another example).

Pages: [1] 2