April 20, 2024, 03:05:05 PM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
16  Multiplayer Campaign / Dark Omen Conquest / Re: Conquest Battleground on: September 11, 2009, 06:13:05 PM
3-5-I HE1 (host) vs Goblin1 at Road to Moussillon
alavet wins, HE1 disbands
(Could you switch the 1 to a 3 flak? Alavet accidently used the wrong army, but there wasnt much difference between them so it didnt matter that much. Smiley)

Multi Defense 2-5-G HE2 (host) vs Goblin3 at Basin of Frozen Blood & HE2 (host) vs Goblin2 at Northern Waste
HE2 wins the first battle vs GB3, gb3 retreats.
HE2 wins the second battle as well, gb2 disbands.

The armies of the emperor has remobilized and succesfully retaken the depot from the vicious greenskins in the name of the empire, even though heavily outnumbered by the green hordes. However the army that was set out to meet the goblin army that was heading for the capitol was crushed and run down completely before the rampaging goblin horde. Let us prey that the army in the north makes it back in time to defend the capitol..
17  Multiplayer Campaign / Dark Omen Conquest / Re: Conquest 2nd Game Chat Room on: September 11, 2009, 10:39:15 AM
alavet about the battles, i don't know yet if iam going to be online hamachi tonight since im going out. But i might be online late at night around 2-3 gmt+1.

If not tonight then im positive that i will be online the whole evening and night tomorrow. Please post what time fits for you Smiley.
18  Multiplayer Campaign / Dark Omen Conquest / Re: Conquest 2nd Game Chat Room on: September 10, 2009, 10:02:34 PM
So now that im doing an attack vs alavet who is double defending, if i win the first battle, i can refill the surviving regiments, and rebuy all regiments that have been killed during the fight correct?
19  Multiplayer Campaign / Dark Omen Conquest / Re: Conquest Battleground on: September 10, 2009, 02:58:28 PM
Cholios empire

Diplomacy
none

Moves
HE1 attacks 2-5-G from 2-4-I
HE2 moves to 3-5-I from 3-3-I
20  Multiplayer Campaign / Dark Omen Conquest / Re: Conquest 2nd Game Chat Room on: September 10, 2009, 01:21:35 PM
Uhm, which battle are you reffering to ? Smiley I don't think we are to do any battles atm
21  Multiplayer Campaign / Dark Omen Conquest / Re: Conquest 2nd Game Chat Room on: September 10, 2009, 09:31:19 AM
Yeah i haven't looked in to the stats of any units particulary deep, im just throwing out suggestions of what might work of an army overall ^^.
22  Multiplayer Campaign / Dark Omen Conquest / Re: Conquest 2nd Game Chat Room on: September 10, 2009, 09:17:00 AM
The empire units are indeed to costy and to weak, and they need to be more balanced. I believe that the great swordsmen should be made to some sort of medium infantry, since they now cost more then the halberds but have the same stats. I believe that having the halberds as "cannon fodder" so to say might work and keeping them around the current stats they have atm.

While moddifying the great swordsmen so that they can be used to rely on as medium infantry, and they wont run away as easily as halberdiers. And i think that the cavalry should be boosted in stats, not in cost, since the grail knights are unique and expensive so they are hard to get a hold on. If they are reduced in cost the empire team will still have mainly weak melee units, leaving them still vulnerable in melee and having to rely to much on the artillery.
23  Multiplayer Campaign / Dark Omen Conquest / Re: Conquest 2nd Game Chat Room on: September 09, 2009, 11:06:04 PM
Alavet adviced me to do some testing, since he easily beat me in both of our battles that we have had so far. So i did some tests vs sipax's drow armies.

armybuild 1
1 cannon 1 mortar 2 fanatics 1 wizard with book of ashur 2 halberds and 1 archer

this army build worked "well" vs sipax drows, i won with having 1 fanatic regiment with 2 fanatics left in it in the field
the 2nd battle i lost, mainly cause he had lots of cavalry that outran my artillery fire.

armybuild 2
1 mortar with arcane warding 1 cannon 1 wizard with book of ashur 1 cavalry with potion of strength 1 fanatic 1 halberder

this army sucked badly, one his drows got close it massacred it in melee, running them over completely

armybuild 3
2 mortars 2 fanatics 2 halberds and 1 swordsman

again the mortars was outrun by his cavalry, but was both shot down quickly by two regiments of archers once they got close, but i still believe they did some decent damage to his army, but since he had so many units it did not make much of a difference. But i figured that having lots of melee units as well i'd match his massive force. But alas I did not.

armybuild 4
2 fanatics one having arcane warding 2 archers 1 wizard with book of ashur 3 halberds

Wanted to see how an army without artillery would work, and it did surprisingly well cause the archers did much damage to his army, but it was still outmatched fairly easy because his cavalry flanked me and hit my archers.

Armybuild 5
2 fanatics 1 mortar 1 archer 1 mage 1 cavalru and 1 halberd
I lost this one without making any sufficent damage to sipax's drows. My cavalry engaged one of his cavalry units in battle and ran away after some time with heavy casualties. My mortar managed to decimate another of his cavalry units to 3 men, but his one charged the mortar team and slew it. My halberds was chased away, but returned only to be mowed down by spells from his necromancer

1 empire cav cost 999 gold vs 1 drow cav cost 999 gold.
Ended in empire cavalry fleeing away and being run down completely.
Drow cavalry had 7-9 ( i think ) units left alive.

2nd test with the cavalry ended pretty much the same, empire cavalry running off and the drow cavalry having 9 units left alive

1 halberd vs 1 drow swordsmen
halberds were slaughtered and the drow swordsmen had 12 units left alive out of 18.

I believe that empire is to dependant on its ranged units. The flaggelants are the ones that are the ones that are most effiecent in melee, since halberds and swordsmen tends to run away alot. Cavalry are an expensive unit, so if i was to combine artillery and cavalry it would become a relatively small army, which chould easily be overrun by a massive force such as drow or goblins. And most units of empire runs away very easily exept for the flaggelants ofcourse. The drow cavalry is immune to fear and has leadership 8 whilst empire cavalry costs the same and has only 7 in leadership, so the empire cavalry needs to either be reduced in cost or boosted in stats.

So overall in my oppinion the empire team is pretty bad. May be so that my armybuilds sucks but anyhow the units are overall pretty weak ^^ the only ones capable of relying on is the flaggelant, since they wont run away. So belive that the empire team needs some reconsidering in balance.

if sipax could post his armybuilds it would be helpful Smiley. and please leave your oppinion of the outcomes as well.

24  Multiplayer Campaign / Dark Omen Conquest / Re: Conquest 2nd Game Chat Room on: September 09, 2009, 06:06:19 PM
alavet, im currently at work now, but if u're available later tonight at around 21:30-22:00 gmt+1 ill be able to do our fight Smiley
25  Multiplayer Campaign / Dark Omen Conquest / Re: Conquest Battleground on: September 09, 2009, 03:16:03 PM
Note: Suggests an alliance to ghabry, since iam allied to bembelimen as well.
26  Multiplayer Campaign / Dark Omen Conquest / Re: Conquest Battleground on: September 09, 2009, 11:19:04 AM
Cholio's Empires orders:

Diplomacy
none

Moves HE1 moves from 3-5-I to 2-5-G
HE2 moves from 3-3-I to 2-4-I
27  Multiplayer Campaign / Dark Omen Conquest / Re: Conquest 2nd Game Chat Room on: September 08, 2009, 09:01:36 PM
Luckily i only have 2 flags each in my armies Smiley
28  Multiplayer Campaign / Dark Omen Conquest / Re: Conquest Battleground on: September 08, 2009, 02:28:08 PM
Divine emperor Cholio's orders:

Diplomacy
War with Warhammerfreak
War with Alavet
Accept bembelimens proposition of an alliance

Moves
HE3 moves from 2-5-6 to 2-6-I
HE2 moves from 3-9-H to 3-3-I
HE1 moves from 3-3-I to 3-5-I
29  Multiplayer Campaign / Dark Omen Conquest / Re: Conquest Battleground on: September 06, 2009, 05:10:32 PM
Blue as the color of my pweeeetty eyes..  Grin
30  Multiplayer Campaign / Dark Omen Conquest / Re: Conquest Battleground on: September 04, 2009, 07:21:14 PM
sign me up for empire Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7