April 20, 2024, 12:25:19 AM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: [1]
1  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Youtube Single Player Battles on: September 06, 2015, 07:10:22 PM
I don't know if this is posted elsewhere on the site, but I thought I would mention the Youtube single player battles as played by "House of Fritz". He fights the entire campaign and makes some pretty hilarious comments along the way. When I get stuck on a certain battle, it's nice to go and see how someone else tackled it. Watching these doesn't make for instant success, but I did learn some useful info that I had not known about, not having any instructions for gameplay when I started out. Here is a link to the first battle in the campaign. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gURdHzE0DJ8

Apgar
2  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Game-play Questions on: July 21, 2015, 12:08:13 AM
Great! That's just what I needed. I have missed some things, so I'll go back and replay the levels. As the battles get tougher, you have to have some of these things or get very lucky. I'd rather have the items.

Thanks for your effort to post this information for me. I really appreciate it.

Regards,
apgar
3  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Game-play Questions on: July 20, 2015, 02:12:49 AM
Thanks for your reply. One more question, if I may. Is there any sort of a list on this site that tells which magic items are available to get from the enemy units and buildings in each level? I'm afraid I afraid I have missed some by not totally wiping out some retreating units and letting them escape off the map.

Regards,
apgar
4  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Game-play Questions on: July 18, 2015, 05:25:27 PM
Hello again,

More questions. I went on YouTube to watch some single player battles and I noticed a few things that I don't have in my game-play. For instance, I am currently on the Count Carstein tunnel level. My bright mage has three spells. In the YouTube video, the player has five! How did he get so many by this level? Is he using a cheat? On each mission, as I progress, I continue to get only three spells and I have no choice as to which spells I get for the level. Each level they change. Have I overlooked something? Does my mage just not have enough experience to have the extra spells? Did I miss some magical items in previous levels by letting enemy retreating units get away? I'm really hamstrung by the lack of options for my mage.

Secondly, in some of the videos they sped up the action, to make certain bombardments and moves go more swiftly. Is this an in-game function or is the player just speeding up his video to move things along?

Thanks in advance for your replies,
Apgar
5  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Getting Dark Omen to Work on: July 04, 2015, 01:13:47 AM
Thanks for your reply olly. I got DO working on my Windows 98 setup. I followed the instructions. Did the alt/tab until the background clipping ended. Then I changed the settings to "CPU" and changed the cursor to non-color. Everything works great now.

SotHR is going to be a different story, but I'll worry about that once I play through DO again.

I'm curious about the mods for DO, so I will look around the site to see what is available.

Thanks again,
Chip
6  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Getting Dark Omen to Work on: June 30, 2015, 10:19:50 PM
I forgot to mention that beside running on XP32 Professional, I have an NVidia GTX560. If you need any other information about my setup, please let me know.

Thanks,
apgar
7  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Getting Dark Omen to Work on: June 30, 2015, 10:13:39 PM
I bought Dark Omen when it originally came out. I really enjoyed the game and when I found out there was a previous game (Shadow of the Horned Rat) I sought it out. At that time (1998) I had no luck and subsequently put Dark Omen away, as Windows evolved. Just recently I stumbled across Shadow of the Horned Rat on Ebay. I bought the disk, but it won't load on my XP machine (says I have to have Windows 95!). Anyway, this renewed my interest in Dark Omen and I loaded it. I can get the intro movie, but when the game actually starts, the only things that are stable are the options bar below and the flags of the units on the map. The map itself flickers with odd triangular shapes, which I assume are pieces of the map.

Is there anything I can do to stabilize the game so I can play it again? Is there any way to play SotHR without having Windows 95?

Hopefully, there are still members who frequent this site from time to time.

Regards,
apgar
Pages: [1]