April 26, 2024, 07:36:01 PM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: [1]
1  Modifications / Troops / Re: Bunch of stuff on: September 21, 2011, 03:18:35 AM
Dont go the extra step unless you really want to. The information provided is already good and is enough for my basic needs.
2  Modifications / Troops / Re: Bunch of stuff on: September 20, 2011, 01:13:15 AM
Hah! Top stuff! I will give the second shot a try. It seems a little more in reach with my abilities. I understood 90% of what you explained. Im at work so I cant try it yet, but using this method, would you be able to add new book entries? Assuming graphics and ect are added also. Or is each base unit hardcoded into the file, so there is no index or what is where?

I saw that code there for the armour before. But I did not figure there was a way to use it to override the game itself.
3  Warhammer Dark Omen / Multiplayer / how are these tournaments going on: September 19, 2011, 05:32:40 AM
Saturday night your times might not be too much of a problem. Ill hang around and see what is going on.

My mod isnt fantastic. Although after playing with all the tools I am getting a slight itch to take it further.
4  Modifications / Troops / Re: Bunch of stuff on: September 19, 2011, 05:31:07 AM
You need to remove the steam tanks ability to run over people before you include it in multiplaye

Ahh, thank you very much for that.

You know Olly, you really like saying that.. (:
5  Modifications / Troops / Re: Bunch of stuff on: September 18, 2011, 04:54:44 AM
Since Im in Australia, it makes things a little hard to keep up with you guys.

My nick has a history dating ... well, before Dark Omen existed.

Jeronimo, youve tested a fair few things, what sort of gold cost do you think the standard steam tank should have?
6  Modifications / Troops / Re: Bunch of stuff on: September 18, 2011, 12:36:19 AM
Haha yeah, that puts the tournament at 3am on a monday morning. No chance for me to show.
7  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Dark Omen in Full 3D Mode High Res XP and No Flicker! on: September 17, 2011, 03:48:04 PM
I also gave this a shot earlier today. After reading all of this thread and playing with a number of tools, I could not get it to stop flickering. However, the computer does have 2 GTX 580 DCU 2's in SLI. I was physically unable to bring it down to 10 year ago technology. I did get close when modifying the refresh rate and adjusting various settings. Zoomed all the way in and it was good, zoomed out and a zebra crossing slowly made its way across the screen.

After all of that, I am now unable to turn on 3d at all. Stuffed if I know what I did after all of that.

Also discovered that leaving the game in compatibility mode made my sound break into white noise and stuff up good like.
8  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / News / Re: We'll change on: September 17, 2011, 03:20:41 PM
Everything Olly has said on this page.

Wow.

I remember, some 5 years ago, hanging out in some dark omen place of non specific description. It is nice to know this place was born like that.
9  Warhammer Dark Omen / Multiplayer / how are these tournaments going on: September 17, 2011, 03:12:00 PM
So how are these tournaments going?
10  Modifications / Troops / Re: Bunch of stuff on: September 17, 2011, 02:39:25 PM
Thanks for all of that. Exactly what I was after.

It seems most of the things Im after are in the engreg. It isnt even that big of a file. Is it possible to use the space in the engreg to call a string from another file to increase the size of descriptions for the book? My progaming experience is elsewhere in web scripts so this is new to me.

Ive downloaded practically everything from this site. It is a very good editor and has allowed me to do the bulk of my customising. Which is practically just cost balancing and allowing every unit to be purchased at 1-4 levels.

In that case, I am going to have to say experience is the SOTHR method. And I am going to have to go in faith in this, because I dont want to hard code level ups with regiment costs as I want the regiments to be able to gain experience and continue on to the next game. Such as a campaign tournament. Dont want people who bought their units at level 4, to actually have stronger units than a trained level 4.

Leaders, Shit yeah!

I don't suppose I could hex the armour formula to say, 8,25,40,60,100?
11  Modifications / Troops / Bunch of stuff on: September 17, 2011, 06:04:32 AM
Hey people. New and all. I own an original to the game, bought when first came out. Go for a play blitz every year or two.

This time around, I stumbled upon this site and learned of the tools to mod it. Im not making massive mods with a huge theatrical release, Im just playing with balancing and making the base lists more flexible for myself for my own multiplayer games.

A bunch of questions if I may. I have been pouring over the wiki and searching this forum for stuff and may have missed some things, so these may have been answered elsewhere, but it would be sweet if someone could direct me in the right direction.

How do you edit the army book. At least the descriptions.

Experience for units, is it core rules used in the table top game, which gives huge bonuses by level 4, or is it the one from shadow of the horned rat, explained here:
http://forum.dark-omen.org/singleplayer/sothr-game-mechanics-stats-t273.0.html

Leader units in multiplayer. I have read that they dont exist, however, looking at the army lists for single player compared to multi, single player has alternate stats for leaders and the standard multi lists dont. If I was to amend the leader stats in a multi army list, will this allow for the individual leaders to exit? Even if the sprite is the same.

I know there has been difficulty in working out the armour aspect, but is it possible to at least modify the formula for cost of armour?

Im sure I have more, but these are the ones off the top of my head. I imagine I might be hanging around for a bit.
Pages: [1]