April 25, 2024, 03:46:39 PM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: [1]
1  Modifications / Tools / Re: xslots ddraw.dll/ddmod.dll not working on GameRanger on: November 02, 2015, 12:30:14 PM
Thank you all!

It was pretty easy, thanks to Ghabry. Smiley

I was avoiding the ms crt mess because the vc libraries break backward compatibility with old versions of windows.

rant:
It looks like MS is trying fix their shit on Win10 using ucrt which *might* be useful once *everyone* migrates to win10.
MinGW compiled stuff links directly to mscrt.dll which microsoft says not to do.

Yep, but crt is necessary evil to write clean code. No STL = no life. Cheesy

... Today I learned, mingw seems to declare printf with "C++" linkage to prevent gcc from replacing it with its own intrinsics
/facepalm  

Classical production kludge. What version of gcc/mingw did you use?
2  Modifications / Tools / Re: Mod Selector on: November 02, 2015, 12:13:46 PM
BOOL WINAPI MyCopyFileA(LPCTSTR lpExistingFileName, LPCTSTR lpNewFileName, BOOL bFailIfExists)

Nicely done! Smiley
3  Modifications / Tools / Re: xslots ddraw.dll/ddmod.dll not working on GameRanger on: October 30, 2015, 04:12:38 PM
So the fix was to add MSVCRT.lib to the dependencies.

Not quite. There was an issue with optimizer too, I had to disable it.

I totally don't understand the reason, why original developer created `mini_crt.cpp` (optimizer issue was connected with functions from this file: compiler expected functions memcp, strstr, ... to be intrinsic).

Also, no manifest file was injected into .dll, so resulting .dll didn't understand where to search for MSVCRT90.dll and MSVCP90.dll. Fixed that too. Smiley
Pages: [1]