March 28, 2024, 11:19:13 PM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What's being worked on at the moment?  (Read 59477 times)
Nitrox
Skeleton Archer

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2011, 12:34:56 AM »

Great Smiley Can't wait for more
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2011, 07:23:33 AM »

uh well... can wait for more!

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2011, 09:23:22 PM »

jesus crist man! mika you are the coolest person i ever known, even more cooler than olly :O :O :O: O but dont worry olly, you are 2nd place haha (L) goood workkkk demus

ito maquiesves
Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2011, 06:58:19 PM »

Oh, I only realised TODAY that there were replies in this thread! O.o Thanks guys for the positive comments! The current version would be available for download and testing if I could bludgeon Olly into uploading it to the dark-omen FTP Smiley

To tie in with the topic of this thread, I am currently testing different solutions for the network layer. At this time I am coding a simple lobby in Boost AISO atm to evaluate it as a good package for wartbed.

olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2011, 12:04:40 AM »

I've sent you an Email for your FTP login access.

Keep up the good work!

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2011, 11:29:11 AM »

Download link for the curious:

Dark Omen Map Viewer 0.7.5

Note that there is no fancy installer here, so you will have to edit the "cfg/dark omen map viewer.config" file manually to set your Dark Omen game path.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 01:40:04 PM by Ghabry » Logged

Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2011, 02:53:45 PM »

The map viewer crashes here after startup :/.

Logfile:
Log started at Sat Feb 19 14:39:31 2011
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
14:39:33 [debug  ]> Valid battle 0: D:/Spiele/Dark Omen/GameData/1pbat/SPARE9/
END OF FILE

The lnk files have the working dir set to the resource directory.
Plugin[_d].cfg ist set to the bin[_d] directory
And in Dark Omen Map Viewer.config the root path is set to D:/Spiele/Dark Omen

Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2011, 09:19:19 PM »

Oh yeah, sorry. You need to edit the shortcut files in the install folder.

My shortcut files has the "start in" property set to "E:\Development\[ WARTBED ]\resources", and you need your to reflect your own path, for instance "c:\chthulu\Dark Omen Map Viewer\resources", if that is where you installed it.

Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2011, 02:07:22 AM »

Yes, thats what I meant with:
The lnk files have the working dir set to the resource directory.

But in the meanwhile I found the error reason: I remembered a problem that was happening in your Cli Editor "SPAARTAn": It doesnt find map dirs that have the ntfs compression enabled.
And the same happens with your map editor: It only reports the maps where the folder (and its content) is uncompressed. No idea what api you use to transverse directories but in my opinion this is a bug. Please try to fix this, I use ntfs compression to save a lot of space because of the gigantic bitmaps and hundreds of do mods Wink.

Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2011, 11:31:37 AM »

Thanks for the info Ghabry! I use pure STL streams for file access with maximal cross-platform compatibility, which should work with any file system. That said, NTFS is MS-specific and its specifications has never been published, and Visual Studio's STL is MS-implemented so one would think that MS's STL would be able to handle MS's tweaks to its own NTFS.

The point is that while I will look into it this might actually be a bug in the MS libraries and as such outside of something I can do anything about. I trust that you can turn off compression on the Dark Omen folders meanwhile?

Nitrox
Skeleton Archer

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 21, 2011, 01:39:36 PM »

Wow Mika nice project as i see from screens (maybe i will look today at it, you know program cause little time now). It's possible to see source of it or some tips on PM about progrmaming? Tongue
Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 21, 2011, 06:45:52 PM »

I'm willing to give you all the tips you want on programming Smiley Feel free to PM me, or make a thread here if you want to let other people also share in on the discussion. We can discuss the map viewer code there.

Much of the code is actually already available since it uses the PrjParser and BtbParser classes (named after the two most important files for a battle: the .PRJ (PRoJect) and .BTB (BaTtle Boundaries) files). These classes are f.i. used in the CLIEditor (Command LIne) and Ghabry's WH32Edit.

lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: April 26, 2012, 04:32:50 AM »

Wink good to see you are active , yet .

Salutes Mika

ito maquiesves
sanuich_u
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 26, 2012, 07:42:34 AM »

Good day.
I'm a fan of DO too.
So how is going with remake?
stepanxol
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 08, 2013, 12:38:46 PM »

Hi! I'm a fellow DO fan.

I wanted to know if you're still working on the project; in case I may be able to lend a hand. I have some knowledge of programming, although not much spare time :/

later,
Stefano
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: