March 29, 2024, 02:40:46 AM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Time to take a break  (Read 9672 times)
bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« on: December 13, 2009, 09:54:15 PM »

After a long time of thinking I decided, that I stop my activities around Dark Omen from now on. Some people knew, that I started a new field of study at university and have nearly no time for any other stuff at the moment. I didn't play Dark Omen for months, didn't join a tournament, nearly didn't do anything at the page itself. I was always very sad, that I had to refuse, if someone asked me, if I wanna make a match.

So from now on Ghabry will be the first contact person for the homepage (what he was since the last few months). I will stay in the background and will help if there are any technical issues etc. but will not participate on the page anymore.

I'm very sorry for that and I hope, that my study in a few months will allow me to become active again, but at the moment it seems, that I will have a full schedule for 1-2 years...

At the end I wanna say thank you to the following people (unordered list):

Ghabry - Without him, the site would never be founded. He put a lot of freetime and dedication in this site.

olly - Without him, the site would never be so great and famous. He put a lot of efforts into technical issues of all members, modding and painting and the he brought member from all over the world together to play this terrific game.

Flak - for moderating the tournaments and helping out, if we need someone.

the mighty Mikademus - for all your fantastic development around Dark Omen, beeing a living legend for Dark Omen player

and last but not least:

all the great member I had the pleasure to meet the last two and a half years, it was a great time.

So here are the "new" (old) contact persons:

Main administrator:

- Ghabry

Global speakerperson:

- olly

Tournaments:

- Flak
- Ghabry

Development

- Mikademus (main)
- Rob (main)
- Ghabry (main)
- and the other various developer

Thank you all
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 02:34:20 PM by Ghabry, Reason: make -> take » Logged

"Sir we are surrounded!!!" "Excellent, then we can attack in any direction."
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 10:20:35 PM »

I am sorry to hear that you will be too busy to actively be the admin, i know how sad you are about it and its a tough choice, but life must come before even Dark Omen Wink

I wish you the best of luck with the long and hard studies that you will work on the next few months and years at university, im sure you will do a good job there just as you have on this site.

If the studies become too tiresome then you know where to go to collect some new energy Grin Right Here

Thank you for all the help you have given me in my time here

Take Care
Cya
Jake

"There is only one way out of hell, thats through it" -- General Patton

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

"Evil Turns upon it self" -- Paladine
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 11:33:52 PM »

Good luck with your Studies and as we all agree, real life has to come first but good to know that you'll still be around.

Smiley

On behalf of the Dark Omen Community (that u co-founded etc) we Thank You for your Years of Dedication and Enthusiam! Amazing how much we have achieved!

Great Site and it has supported many fans and been vital in making many Mod Dreams come True, our Community just gets better and better!

Thanks bro

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 09:05:47 AM »

i will miss your bgk avatar. who will use it now? Smiley

srsly saying, i personally feel strange that u cant afford like 30 mins a day to browse forum for a little, despite of overload at university (maybe my education suck?:-)) but guess you really need that, we can't stop you on that Smiley

i wish you best luck and get some relax time still Smiley

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
warhammerfreak
Greatsword

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 02:15:12 PM »

Really sad to hear that Sad. Best of luck in your studies.

"Did you know that there are those days that  even my lucky underpants with spacerockets won't help." "Then u did everything that was in your power ."
Nitrox
Skeleton Archer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 03:43:43 PM »

Duh ;< what i can say? Good luck with your real life Smiley and see you soon then Wink.
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2009, 04:00:06 PM »

ohh bye bye bembelimen , my first german contact in mensseger, i will always remeber you,, as the first german man in my life...  Cry Cry Cry "come back, come back" (when rose from TITANIC movie call theboat man to come back Tongue)

ito maquiesves
tovertrut
Mummy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2009, 04:32:42 PM »

Sad bye for now hope u will be back someday Smiley
Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2009, 08:24:32 PM »

I fully expect you to keep hanging around here even though you might not have time to be very active. Remember what I usually say, "Obey, or we'll rape your cat!" Smiley

lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2009, 08:20:51 AM »

that was gay

ito maquiesves
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2010, 07:05:18 AM »

Name:  bembelimen
Position:  Inactive - Admin
Date Registered:  April 26, 2007, 06:14:53 PM
Last Active:  January 14, 2010, 01:15:34 AM

he is with us, even if we cant see him!

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: