March 28, 2024, 10:45:05 AM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Necrominicon  (Read 25595 times)
Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2010, 10:29:09 PM »

Yes, Yes and Yes.

Although:
I'm going to be a bit tight about new army books, I want to keep the sides fairly distinct I'm not keen on just reskining and slightly altering existing sides as it just waters stuff down.

new spells yes, although obviously art will need to be draw for them.  I'm thinking more along the lines of minor spells too, things like creating an illusionary squad, ice bridge, setting fire to arrows, a reinforcing zombie/skele squads.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay:
The worst is death, and death will have his day.

[23:04:33] <*Ghabry> The internal design of Darkmancer is just strange
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2010, 09:40:38 PM »

will it be possible to fix some video issues? like now game plays very slowly and max resolution so i have to use medium q-ty textures.

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2010, 11:23:20 PM »

The should be no graphic issues (hopefully), and I've already included support for multiple resolutions at both standard and widescreen.

Although the graphic improvement will be limited to the orginal (all be it highest settinsg), DO texture& sprites.  New better quality sprites (or even 3d models) can be incorpreated but are beyond my capabilities/patience too produce.

I've implemented a the fight resolution code (no psyc), i''ve been slowed down though with collision as the xna libaries didn't have what I need.

lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2010, 06:38:12 PM »

an the horribles bug or problems when units move/fight near a mountain, a roc a object that drives me crazy when in the 20 vs 20 units only 3 or 4 fight because the others are freezed so you have to make them flee to dis-freeze .. that things will be "fixed"

ito maquiesves
Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2010, 12:20:54 AM »

My system should be better although not perfect (don't expect miricles im not a professional programmer).

I'm going to emulate the DO system of engage all the enemy units on the side charged, then evelop one side.  Now I think DO always envelops the right side hence problems when terrain interfears.  I'm planning on necro scanning both sides and envolping the side that allows for the most units to fight.

Hopefully this'll reduce the "jams" that occur atm.

Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2010, 05:29:09 PM »

My system should be better although not perfect (don't expect miricles im not a professional programmer).
No sweat, you seem to be doing an excellent job! Smiley

I'm going to emulate the DO system of engage all the enemy units on the side charged, then evelop one side.  Now I think DO always envelops the right side hence problems when terrain interfears.  I'm planning on necro scanning both sides and envolping the side that allows for the most units to fight.

Hopefully this'll reduce the "jams" that occur atm.
Perhaps the WH:TT rules could be applied? They approximately state that each combat round a regiment in melee can extended its formation with one model on each side from rear ranks, until finally the enemy is completely enveloped or there are no more rear models to move forward.

Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2010, 03:59:10 AM »

I did think about it (well i still am really), but i think the DO system works better in real time, than the TT system does.

It's something to test thou I suppose.

Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2010, 03:00:13 PM »

Any news? Smiley

Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2010, 02:44:20 AM »

Not really i'm afaid, not much work been done.

What i've mainly been doing is rejigging what I already have to reduce the amount of data need to be sent between players.

Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2010, 06:58:38 PM »

What i've mainly been doing is rejigging what I already have to reduce the amount of data need to be sent between players.

That's called "refactoring" and is an extremely important part of good software development, so I wouldn't say that you haven't done much work Wink

Grend
2D Sprite Artist

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2010, 09:48:54 AM »

*Arrogantly ignoring his own lack of news*
ANY NEWS???

On vacation
Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2010, 11:26:35 PM »

I've whacked in a simple colision detection system in, and a simple combat system (no psy, items, etc).

Whats holding it up is grouping the units into squads and squads interacting with each other, the system I orginally planned was no good (not fit for purpose in arsehole developer speak).  I've been doing a bit of theory crafting and i've thought up a new system, which has a naff working title of circles and squares, down to the fact it treats manuvering squads as a bunch or circles, and fighting fighting troops as unsirprisingly triskadecagons  squares.

Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2010, 07:31:46 PM »

Video of unit movement?</greedy>

DjLeBomb
Halberdier

"Fire walk with me"

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2010, 04:15:54 AM »

Sad hey, i was so entusiastic with this reading and suddenly it finish! sorry the post was continued in another post or all the project was cancelled?  Huh?

"Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire." Jaya Ballard, task mage.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: