March 28, 2024, 11:34:29 AM

Username
Password

Poll
Question: Do you agree?  (Voting closed: September 27, 2009, 08:42:47 PM)
SURE! - 4 (100%)
naah! - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 4

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What I really hate in Multiplayer...  (Read 7354 times)
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« on: September 13, 2009, 08:13:43 PM »

are these STUPID DISCONNECTS THAT ALWAYS HAPPEN WHEN THE BATTLE STARTS TO BE INTERESTING.
I hate the Devs for being to lazy to implement a resync-function!!!

sipax
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 08:16:12 PM »

Agree, but there is disconects even in any part of battle (start, middle, end  anytime).

- -
Urblab Rotgut: "My name's Urblab Rotgut."
Morgan Bernhardt: "That's your problem"
- -
warhammerfreak
Greatsword

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 08:37:21 PM »

I really really hate it. Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

"Did you know that there are those days that  even my lucky underpants with spacerockets won't help." "Then u did everything that was in your power ."
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2009, 08:51:37 PM »

any ideas on how to make a fair ruleset in this case, as it seems its not very rare and we will continue to suffer from this hellish event

"There is only one way out of hell, thats through it" -- General Patton

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

"Evil Turns upon it self" -- Paladine
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2009, 09:10:30 PM »

any ideas on how to make a fair ruleset in this case, as it seems its not very rare and we will continue to suffer from this hellish event
Well in tournament it's not that huge problem (based on the current situations you can maybe decide a winner)
But in Conquest or "Fair Omen" (next tournament^^) we use trained armies and the training is lost when there is a disconnect.
Btw I had 4 fights against nitrox now and 3 disconnect. We have so a hate...

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 06:14:14 AM »

well in last tourney we had 4 or even 5 battles with disconencts with Dj Smiley
it was tough, i agree.

as for Conquest, we once faced with similair situation with Flak and decided not to rematch it once (even htough i hvnt remembered who won).

actually winning in Conquest does give any much advantage except new territories. usually u facing with big loses and only very few units can get very few experinece points. but some artifacts might be a big advantage sometimes Smiley

btw wtf is "trained armies" at new tourney? i thought that Jeronimo said that there willnt be such a tourney? bembe already clearly showed why it will be so hard to implement (huge time spends). i dont mind to give a try but im not ready o invest more than 3-4 hours and it will be sad to leave while playing in quoarter or in semifinal.

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2009, 01:23:52 PM »

as for Conquest, we once faced with similair situation with Flak and decided not to rematch it once (even htough i hvnt remembered who won).

actually winning in Conquest does give any much advantage except new territories. usually u facing with big loses and only very few units can get very few experinece points. but some artifacts might be a big advantage sometimes Smiley
Well in my fights against Nitrox one side has always nearly no looses. When he looses Vampire and Grail I can attack him without problems and when I lose Elf Archers he can attack me... Wink... Key Regiment Problem ^^

btw wtf is "trained armies" at new tourney? i thought that Jeronimo said that there willnt be such a tourney? bembe already clearly showed why it will be so hard to implement (huge time spends). i dont mind to give a try but im not ready o invest more than 3-4 hours and it will be sad to leave while playing in quoarter or in semifinal.
ehh, ask Jeronimo or bembelimen about this, I'm not well informed ^^

lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2009, 09:57:00 PM »

[Jeronimo] I had an idea last night about what to decide if Session Lost occurs. I was going to upload it 12 October as presentation of Neo Fair Omen  Tongue haha just FO.

Oh yes.. no more Endurances at Tournament. Seems that many "persons like" (forbidden name haha) dont like mirror matches althoguht I always liked GS vs GS, some anihilation. However UD vs UD you miss all fear factor.

ito maquiesves
Deadman
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2009, 09:37:48 AM »

That is correct, the problem is depressive. Still it appears to be not so often. In the beginning it is wise to restart, but in the end... When I've once played with Jim, and the session has been lost in the end we decided to reconstruct the positions of our regiments (lucky they not participated in CC that moment) and replay the end of the battle. Sometimes it may be a good solvation.

Only Death itself can make a human to keep his promises. The one who does not fear it has a real freedom and right of choice.
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2009, 10:00:05 AM »

session lost is usually apears due of bad connection. change the host person might solve the question pretty much (tested with gharby and other players)

also sometimes game crushes when there is too much action. like in one our battle at FO tourney we were kicked 3 times before we realized that (cause from the start we both had x2 cannon + my opponent had a mortair, and when everything fires at the first round game crushed when lobber hit). so solution was to wait few second with a mrotair shoot and then game continiued.

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2009, 10:55:06 AM »

The funny thing alavet: We had lots of problems in our battles when I hosted (disconnects after a few seconds) and when you hosted I had a huge lag... and at the evening when I made some testbattles with Flak I hosted and had no problems

edit: And in the Tournament alavet and me had also no problems Cheesy
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 11:41:32 AM by Ghabry » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: