March 28, 2024, 02:00:42 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What I Miss?  (Read 4709 times)
JB87
Orc Boy

Professional Monster Hunter

View Profile WWW
« on: March 22, 2019, 10:58:43 PM »

*a stranger wanders in from the shadows* Smiley

Hi guys, havent been active here in almost a decade but it brings a smile to my face to see olly active as ever.

How many people are still playing and what version/mods do I need to play? Any general news I should know also?

Wouldnt mind playing a couple of games but what really has my attention is the Wartbed and DAR projects, but I will create a separate thread for that. Also, since my last post, I am officially a dad now of a 2y/o boy.

olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2019, 11:07:46 PM »

Welcome home and congrats on the new born.

Thanks to a wonderful mod team we have now progressed Dark Omen further than ever before. Download the latest Mod pack that contains fixes to play 3d mode on Windows 7/8 &10.

http://forum.dark-omen.org/help-section/read-me-ultimate-dark-omen-xpvistawin7win81win10-game-fixes-t111.0.html

Currently the Dark Omen 2 Mod contains 22 new maps, new races such as Dark Elves, Skaven and armies of Dwarfs, Wood Elves and High Elves. All available for Single and Multiplayer.

* Skaven In Game August 2018.jpg (92.63 KB. 640x480 - viewed 1032 times.)

* DO High Elves.jpg (88.4 KB. 640x480 - viewed 669 times.)

* 19v19.jpg (168.03 KB. 640x480 - viewed 781 times.)

* DwBuilding01_3Da.jpg (135.45 KB. 639x479 - viewed 724 times.)

A loyal few of us still play new members on Game Ranger and yes the Dark Omen Reborn Unreal Engine remake project is amazing.

http://forum.dark-omen.org/general-suggestions/dark-omen-reborn-t1393.0.html

Smiley

« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 11:30:30 PM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
JB87
Orc Boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2019, 11:27:04 PM »

Wow skaven in DO I have to give this a go. My copy of DO is in my folks place, so expect another thread or reply in a few weeks when I get my hands on it!!! So frustrating to not see this game available through gog.

Thanks for the help link olly. My current machine is linux so I will have fun trying to get this running under wine and post back if I need any help.

olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2019, 11:28:52 PM »

DMJC is the resident Dark Omen on Linux expert who kindly helped me and him test Wine but sadly it still doesn't work but thankfully DOR the Dark Omen Reborn remake project should be able to.

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
JB87
Orc Boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2019, 01:22:59 AM »

Interesting, hopefully I can help get DOR finished. What percentage is development currently at? 50%? 80%? Is there a multiplayer build I can mess around with in the mean time?

Im surprised DO doesnt work under wine as wine has a good reputation as being very robust. At the very least I will be another tester and report back my experience with wine.

Well met olly well met.

devast3d
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2019, 11:47:35 PM »

For DOR we got most of the mechanics implemented. Last large areas left untouched yet are magic (will be delayed after the demo launch) and AI (is the next thing we'll implement after finishing with current hot tasks, that should happen in couple of weeks).

Unfortunately, I didn't plan to implement multiplayer since it simply wouldn't fit into my time budget. I'm the only programmer in the project and Dark Omen turned out to be _far_ more complicated that I anticipated at first.

p.s. Also answered you in another thread.
JB87
Orc Boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2019, 03:31:45 AM »

Cheers devast, I gave you a pretty good reply in the main thread so wont repeat myself here. Just dont burn yourself out and wrap this thing up is my advice. As far as multiplayer is concerned we can work on that Wink Im really excited about the demo btw and hope you release the code for it too. Seeing how you implemented the WHFB combat rules into code form would be very enjoyable.

So, Ive been doing some experimenting with wine and I have made some decent progress but have become suck. I have rolled back the wine virtual box to run Windows 98 and get the following error from the terminal:

"002f:fixme:x11drv:X11DRV_desktop_SetCurrentMode Cannot change screen BPP from 32 to 16".
 This problem seems very similar to ollys guide step 4 "16bit colour Screen Resolution". Im 80% sure its the exact same problem actually but Im not sure how to fix it from the wine gui.

The wine virtualbox also throws up the error message "An error has occurred with the current Dark Omen installation, please re-install.", but the linux error is the root cause of the windows error message.

If I can fix this error I know its clear sailing from there so any advice would be appreciated.

As a side note, if I run the game under windows XP or higher I get the infamous black menu screen with sound/music.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 03:45:51 AM by JB87 » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: