March 29, 2024, 06:47:38 AM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Of lame play with mages/pistoliers/archers/banner of wrath or whatever  (Read 3263 times)
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« on: April 19, 2012, 08:42:07 PM »

Hi all,
I talked to Hari8 about this topic and also we tried to look through existing discussions about mages and other such stuff.
But it wasn't enough for me.

I understand the balance problem exists, as DO isn't a well thought through game, and it IS most annoying if one of players using cast/teleport tactics.
But I would like clear rules rather than phrase 'don't play lame', and an evident example of a mage being against 5 enemy infantry regiments that just can't get close to it.

In a fight vs Hari8 I had lvl3 wizard (w/o teleport) and 6 cavalry vs 3/4 Big Uns regiment with Magic Protection and half of Orc Boyz regiment.
While Big Uns were finishing my cavalry, Hari8 said it's forbidden to retreat with a mage. OK, I am a newbie, I ceased doing it and my mage quickly died, soon after the cavalry did.
But I didn't get clear explanations. again I understand, the situation is tricky. but again, a list of rules that clearly determine situation would be welcome. For one, I can write down ideas (forum ones or my own, doesnt matter) that I liked just because they are clear, like:

1. don't use artificial charge with a mage
2. mages should be of level 1
3. teleport/retreat-shoot tactics should be only allowed in first 5 minutes of a battle and then is forbidden together with artificial charge (I hope all of use have watch or a clock at home Smiley )
4. when mage is the last unit it should face enemy w/o retreating.

etc
it's clear when such rules are broken and when they are obeyed.

When I know the strict rules I will decide for myself if it's worth to buy a mage+artifact for 1700 in a 3k army or not Smiley
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 06:03:23 AM by cuthalion » Logged
kilowic
Mummy

Iron Fist

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 09:36:38 PM »

That's very nice rules Smiley Tp mage is very annoying. Especially when he's the last man standing and you are chasing him with infantry - mage could win that but it wasnt fair (thats my opinion)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 05:48:57 AM by kilowic » Logged

My GameRanger info:
ID: 1713251
kilowic

I PLAY FAIR OMEN MOD
Grend
2D Sprite Artist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 11:43:40 AM »

There are rules like that already, look around a bit and you will find plenty of discussions and rules concerning this.

On vacation
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: