March 28, 2024, 12:31:48 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New tournament format ?  (Read 5649 times)
Wkurwiony
Skeleton Warrior

View Profile
« on: November 29, 2009, 12:03:57 PM »

Hi, i took part in last two tournaments and noticed a couple of things

- people having some sort of last minute problem, and because of it they cant play
- not all people can take part in tournament because of (work/school/family etc)
- people with that last minute problem i mentioned earlier force changes to organization of tournament

so to try and solve this i was thinking about something like this:

- make tournament last 2 weeks near the end of the month, and first 2 weeks to sing in (maybe than we would see ppl like bembe, mikademus, grend, malus, olly etc. taking part ;] )

- instead of groups i think that Double Elimination tournament format is better here look :

why i think its better ? because if someone will sign in, and be unfourtunate not to find the time during this 2 weeks period you can DQ him and it doesnt affect tournament order... also everybody got a second chance so if two good players meet very early they still can meet in final!

- ruleset would be voted like it is now 3k/5k/9k/DOST5/FO

- games could be like in last tourney 3 fights one each with one race and final endurance

- it wouldnt affect hall of fame ;p as it have 1st 2nd and 3rd place

ok thats all i think i forgot something else, maybe ill add it later
so give me your toughts what do you think about this?
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 12:07:27 PM »

we have used this system before, the reason we left it was that some players would suddenly qualify for semi finals with no fights and only play 3 games in a whole tournament.

If we knew players would join and stay it would be perfect but the groups are necessary so that the tournament can handle a few drop outs

"There is only one way out of hell, thats through it" -- General Patton

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

"Evil Turns upon it self" -- Paladine
Wkurwiony
Skeleton Warrior

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2009, 12:13:24 PM »

but did you used it with 2 weeks time period for fights ? or a single day like it is now ? i think if its 2 weeks most of the players will have the time to get fights done, and problem you described happens in group format system also, happened yesterday actually
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2009, 12:19:14 PM »

i dont like idea about "you have 2 weeks to fight vs someome".
im very lazy person and dont like to search ppl around haamchi, convience them to play, choose time, etc.
much better a strict date where you come and fight.

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Wkurwiony
Skeleton Warrior

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2009, 12:22:05 PM »

i dont like idea about "you have 2 weeks to fight vs someome".
im very lazy person and dont like to search ppl around haamchi, convience them to play, choose time, etc.
much better a strict date where you come and fight.

and have a 6 men tournament ;( btw you dont have to search ppl aroun hamachi, convience them to play and choose time when you play dark omen conquest ? Tongue
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2009, 12:26:19 PM »

see the last post date in our conquest ,-)
(lol)

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Wkurwiony
Skeleton Warrior

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2009, 12:35:06 PM »

well i would write to someone and say i got time : saturday 5-8pm, sunday 6-8pm, monday no time, tuesday 6-8pm.. well but maybe thats just me ;p maybe others have more dynamic changes in free time and dont know when theyll have one Wink well ok nevermind this thread ;]
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2009, 02:05:06 PM »

Great that your thinking of possible solutions that could help but i personally prefer the 1 night stands....

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: