March 28, 2024, 02:49:49 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New to game  (Read 4862 times)
Tripppysmurf
Troll

View Profile
« on: November 03, 2011, 08:11:09 PM »

Now I know this is an old game but i keep having so much fun with it. Anyone know what I need to do to get multiplayer setup on the game? Been playing it for playstation and no MP so installing it on pc now. is there a hotseat mod also for this game?
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 09:07:44 PM »

Hi and Welcome to our friendly Dark Omen Community, it's a Great Time to Join in the fun!

http://forum.dark-omen.org/introduction/great-time-to-join-t696.0.html

A fan once told me that discovering the pc version of Dark Omen actually had multiplayer, made his year! Since he had only ever played it Single Player on the Playstation.

1) Download map pack
2) Download GameRanger, Host a game and post your ID

Hope to see you on the Battlefield soon!

http://forum.dark-omen.org/website-related/how-to-use-forum-t872.0.html;msg10468#msg10468

Smiley

« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 12:29:15 AM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Christophbs
Orc Boy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 01:51:41 AM »

The Fair Omen Mod Is excellent and I play it extensively. I hope to see you on the battlefield soon. There are a few of us new players that play pretty regularly this last week.
Tripppysmurf
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 06:07:05 AM »

what about expanded 2 or whatever is most stable version? is that a good MP mod?
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 02:35:03 PM »

I so ripened to try a multiplayer game this weekened or next week. I removed my singleplayer editorial works, and now have a clean version of Dark Omen.

I looked through forum posts and found out that players in different times use different mods, and different game rules are applied - basic and advanced - so I am not sure what I should install, though I would prefer classic troops for start - at least I know something about them.

Now I downloaded and installed GameRanger,
Id 2699858, Nickname Cuthalion

Pity it says I can't host games. But probably I will be able to join one, or reset my NAT settings...

Could anyone tell me what rules are applied etc? like you can buy it you can't buy that, or wide-accepted mods - Fair Omen for one, as I noticed. What is it about?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: