March 28, 2024, 10:08:58 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Game Activity  (Read 12320 times)
shane9689
Troll

View Profile
« on: October 25, 2015, 02:31:27 PM »

Hey, so Im currently in the proccess of downloading the game...i had a browse around this site and i cant tell if theres still a community? whats the stroy with online play? i see alot of the posts are from earlier this year but nothing much recently?

Thanks Smiley
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 06:12:54 PM »

Hi and welcome, there's been a lot of new Single Player campaigns by Cuthalion recently and we're just trying to fix an issue where GameRanger (multiplayer lobby) doesn't load our extra armies. However, once it is fixed then we can all play Dark Elves v Skaven multiplayer on new maps etc.. which will encourage new and old players to join in the fun!

* HeadsB.jpg (166.94 KB. 954x365 - viewed 767 times.)

Smiley

I'm always on GameRanger welcoming new players so hope to see you on the battlefield soon.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 08:25:45 PM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
shane9689
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 12:38:05 AM »

Ah ok, Thanks Smiley cant wait to play this game again, its been almost 15 years!!

bit off topic, but
Ive actually installed the game now, and i get the flickering bug... i tried to change the nvidia settings with no avail, i think i need to update my nvidia anyways.

any other ways around this problem besides changing loads of video settings?
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2015, 08:39:14 AM »

Download this goody bag and read about 3d mode. Pop into our chat channel for more help.

http://forum.dark-omen.org/help-section/3d-mode-and-win87-dark-omen-t1164.0.html;msg12090#msg12090

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
shane9689
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2015, 04:49:35 PM »

FINALL IT WORKED! Thank you so much!! god, i forgot how difficult this game was...cant believe i got so far in it as a kid. Its a complete precursor to the total war franchise aswell, i love it!

Great, so how do i join the multiplayer chat? Smiley i found a link in another thread but the link no longer worked. i have a game ranger account, but as you said, i cant see any games yet
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2015, 06:25:40 PM »

Our Chat Channel can be accessed via http://chat.dark-omen.org  Server: irc.euirc.net  Channel: #dark-omen but using mIRC is better.

All live players should Host a game on GameRanger so others can see them to join.

Smiley
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 10:21:11 PM by olly » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: