May 06, 2024, 09:24:54 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Dark Elf Army  (Read 8702 times)
Grend
2D Sprite Artist

View Profile
« on: May 31, 2009, 11:15:51 PM »

Here is most of the army I`m making. It is a Dark Elf army based on 6th-7th edition Warhammer.
Here is the graphics thread for ingame stuff I`m doing for it:
http://forum.dark-omen.org/sprites/druchii-stuff-t373.0.html (Will make more soon)
I`m designing it so that it will work alongside the other 5k15 armies, as well as being compatible with Dark Omen: Conquest.

Havent made a release of the list yet, but will in the future.

5k 15 Points:

Army Composition Rules for Conquest

Army List:

Feedback appreciated!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 11:20:53 PM by Grend » Logged

On vacation
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 06:16:52 AM »

ok it looks nice. since its untested cant comment much but

1) there is no W stat at your stats list. doest it mean that every unit have W=1?
2) corsairs seems to be low cost, comparing to their stats
3) most of armies in your description have crossbows. if its true, then this army will be very unbalanced, especially in conquest, since any armies having defending strategies (as archers definately more defending unit than attacking) feed much faster/easier.
also allowing mass archers opens up very big problems with balance and rules concerning it.
for example, try to figure out good goblin/necro armies which will be good against them. i see 0

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 08:56:09 AM »

Nice work Grend

The problem with Conquest is that we edit alot and there is always a danger of editing too much so that it all becomes impossible to keep in control, thats why the nations only have 5-8 units per nation and to aviod the "Factions issue" (over-use of archers) sides only have one archer.

The changes that will be implemented after this game is

Dark Bowmen to Dark Crossbowmen

Dark Balista to Dark Catapult (Scull w. fear)
as the dark balista does not cause panic and the drow have problems with taking on a good defence then the Dark Catapult i hope will cure that.

Assasin to Assasin Team, 2-3 instead of one, decreased stats to fit the new size and no pistol anymore. Also maybe made into drow UU

"There is only one way out of hell, thats through it" -- General Patton

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

"Evil Turns upon it self" -- Paladine
Grend
2D Sprite Artist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 07:39:37 PM »

Btw Flak, the Dark Elf Cavalry does not ride anything at the moment they are just slow crappy infantry that is terribly overpriced.'

The problem with Conquest is that we edit alot and there is always a danger of editing too much so that it all becomes impossible to keep in control

Explain this. Most of the new units are not necessary, my main reason for making this list was to make the army more correct. If seen as unbalanced, increase costs where it is seen fit.

1) there is no W stat at your stats list. doest it mean that every unit have W=1?
Correct, I forgot about it.

3) most of armies in your description have crossbows. if its true, then this army will be very unbalanced, especially in conquest, since any armies having defending strategies (as archers definately more defending unit than attacking) feed much faster/easier.
also allowing mass archers opens up very big problems with balance and rules concerning it.
for example, try to figure out good goblin/necro armies which will be good against them. i see 0
What Necro\Goblin Army has a chance against anything normally though?

The thing is that any army with something like a mortar has more firepower than this one does, as it is all direct fire. Other than that the units are quite expensive, and small. The largest of the crossbow units is 12. Ive done quite alot of testing and so far it has not exactly proven itself unbeatable. And finally, if it was unbalanced, we`ll simply limit the amount of crossbows.

2) corsairs seems to be low cost, comparing to their stats
Im not sure about that yet, so far they have not proven themselves to be much more useful than a normal unit.

On vacation
warhammerfreak
Greatsword

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 08:11:48 PM »

Maybe also try a Hydra but not make it as strong as in fantasy.

"Did you know that there are those days that  even my lucky underpants with spacerockets won't help." "Then u did everything that was in your power ."
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 12:57:52 PM »

I have checked Dark Cavalry and they are mounted on horses, but as for most cavalry they only have M:4 wich makes them slow, for some reason Morgans Cavalry and Knights also with M4 seem faster, Ragnar with M4 seems also very slow
I will correct to M5

im not sure i understand what is is with weather troops are necessary or not and it doesnt look like you understood me either  Shocked

In regards to what nations are stronger than others as for Goblins and maybe necro's then remember it will always be easy to make Vampire and Orc Armies as adding a black grail and vampire toeather is sure to always make some damage same for orcs with a lobber and some biguns are sure to always present a danger.

Its a challenge to make good armies from some of the less obvious Nations, everybody was sure that my Elves would kick ass in this current game but so far ive lost 3 games and only won the 2 where i was defending, so elves have proven harder to use than expected.

A Goblin army with swams and mass fanatics along with banner of wrath and staff of osiris can make a world of hurt on smaller quality based armies, this i have seen. Dont forget necros have all the unbreakable undead units and mummies, not bad units either altho it is an army that has to use its fear factor with prolly skabkrah

"There is only one way out of hell, thats through it" -- General Patton

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

"Evil Turns upon it self" -- Paladine
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 01:21:24 PM »

i like your nations armies much more than conquest due of switching skeleton horsemen to the vamp nation.

i see lots of power in a goblin army but their problem that they will suffer very big damages over battles even agaisnt "meat" armies, but they will suffer much more against archers army or ESPECIALLY combo armies (like dark elves) in campaing. In one skrimish battle it might be ok, cause they still have some good strategies/possibilities but in conquest i think it will be pretty hard to even refill armies while playing against archers army.

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Grend
2D Sprite Artist

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2009, 11:30:49 PM »

Bleh. This game is dull anyway.

On vacation
bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2009, 01:50:56 PM »

So to come back to topic:

I like the idea of a dark elf race very much. Perhaps we can reorder the rooster book in the near future, to offer all new races separated and you can activate the one you need.

Maybe also try a Hydra but not make it as strong as in fantasy.

I don't know, if the "real" Hydra has this, but what about a fire spell as "normal" skill (instead of an item slot)?

"Sir we are surrounded!!!" "Excellent, then we can attack in any direction."
warhammerfreak
Greatsword

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2009, 06:38:55 PM »

A hydra has a fire breath wich is resolved in warhamer by a flame template. It has the same str as the number of wounds  the hydra has left.

It has 2 handlers wich "can't" (difficult rule, will explain if you want) be attacked if the hydra is allive but can attack the opponents with their whips.
Here are the tabletop stats:
                MV   WS   BS   ST   T  W  IN  AT  LD
1 Hydra      6      4      0     5    5   5   2   7    6   4+ Armour save
2 Handler    6      4      4     3    3   1   5   3    8   no Armour save

This is way to strong as I have noticed it in tabletop games. Mainly because its seriously underpriced, its 175 points for those who know anythink about warhamer, thats not much.
If we field it like this it should be around 1300 GC.

"Did you know that there are those days that  even my lucky underpants with spacerockets won't help." "Then u did everything that was in your power ."
tovertrut
Mummy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2009, 01:55:15 AM »

hydras with their fire breath r a hard thing to work into dark omen id imagine,i hope ur able to do it without to much balancing issues.

i know in mark of chaos hydras r very overpowered
warhammerfreak
Greatsword

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2009, 11:05:59 AM »

Maybe give hydras the ability to use 3 fireballs in one turn of magic.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: