March 29, 2024, 02:54:30 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Different style  (Read 6618 times)
warhammerfreak
Greatsword

View Profile
« on: November 21, 2009, 07:04:33 PM »

Hi,

I like it way more to play with combat units and maneuvering them then to point and click with shooting units, or with teleporting or hit and run wizzies. So hereby I ask or if there are players who would want to play in such a system were wizzards and war machines like mortar and lobber are banned and all other shooting is limited, thus giving otherwise weaker combat units a fighting chance. I think it's necessary to change some stats, the price cost and maybe create some extra units. In tis system I also would like to limit the amount of unbreakable units and ban deathstars.

If you have any questions post them or PM me.

Pls tell me what you think.

"Did you know that there are those days that  even my lucky underpants with spacerockets won't help." "Then u did everything that was in your power ."
Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 08:46:47 PM »

This topic is obviously SON of the Vampire topic. (your last reply there)

My proposal is simple: No items, No artillery.

The Result: Battle of Cannas.

warhammerfreak
Greatsword

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 10:15:37 PM »

In addition to that, the number of unbreakable units should be decreased.

"Did you know that there are those days that  even my lucky underpants with spacerockets won't help." "Then u did everything that was in your power ."
Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 12:45:54 AM »

I suggested from the point of not changing nothing. Keep original game.

I disagree with removing "unbreakable" from regiments that deserve/need it (like skellies).

Oh.. and 1 reliable point system (to limit BGK purchase, etc).
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 12:51:15 AM by Jeronimo » Logged
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2009, 10:35:07 AM »

ncie idea, artillery and shoting units always makes game into "defender" and "attacker" mode, especially if its UD vs notU matchup (since U dont have any good range units).
so wehre is a scrimish battles we want to see then?

i like idea of changing units/stats all the way.
ban mortairs and canons seems nice to avoid "d/a" situation, as described above.

point system should be inmplented to limit unbreakable units (since we cant limit it by the engine of DO).

there is very few unbreakable units after all, mostly for UD , so no need to limit it in nubmer anyway

ban mages seems kinda odd but possible. hovewer im afraid game could turn into boring thinf after several battles w/o mages AND items.

thus items should be remained, but limited imo.

--not sure its doable - its a lot of work - are you rdy for that whfreak? Smiley

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
warhammerfreak
Greatsword

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2009, 12:24:40 PM »

I'm up to that, though I never used wh32 edit, I will learn to use it. I will start composing this game system after my exams somewere around the 20th of december.

Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 11:30:51 PM »

And how's going your game system WHF? Smiley
warhammerfreak
Greatsword

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2010, 06:10:27 PM »

thanks for asking, now I only have ideas in my head.

Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2010, 11:41:27 AM »

Hehehe. Ideas are the first head invaders.

You can count with me to balance anything, or tell me and I give an opinion about it.
warhammerfreak
Greatsword

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2010, 06:01:00 PM »

I'm gonna try and work on it with my brother, he is studying in a university so he doesn't have much time. Also, this won't just be repricing units, also banning units and creating new ones will be necessary in my opinion.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: