March 28, 2024, 10:35:43 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Moving Buildings/Huts/Objects around MAPS  (Read 19759 times)
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« on: April 29, 2008, 10:00:01 PM »

These 3 Pics show early Mod to Move Huts around the Map.

They also stay solid Objects as seen on last pic where Troops are trying to
Charge through the Hut which has been moved across the River.

Full Tutorial will follow, Thanks to Mikademus's guide on Hex Editing the B1_01.PRJ file and the contained Position and Orientation Data Values.

We should now be able to Mod Existing Maps and create New Strategy by moving Objects around, combined with the Deployment Zone Mod.

All of this is great training towards a Map Editor or incorporating Single Player Maps into Multiplayer.

Smiley

We Live In Exciting Times, please feel free to Join in.

Floating Huts

Hut Moved off Map

Solid Hut moved across River

Smiley

Rob:-

"This looks cool.

Did editing the ATTR block work out then, or was it unnecessary? I still haven't been able to confirm whether my interpretation was correct (No working dark omen yet! ").

Olly:-

"Luckily I didn't have to ammend the ATRR block as the Hut and its Attributes came with it, when I moved it around.

As the Pic shows, it is solid but i will further Test Line Of Sight and other things to double check.

However, I would almost like there to be some Stuff in the ATRR block to ammend as it would provide us more clues".

Mikademus:-

"could you move through the hut after you had moved it to a new position, or was it an obstacle that had to be moved around? Did it block line of sight for your archers and cannon? Could you move through where the hut had been positioned originally"?

Olly:-
Yes the Hut is solid.

Smiley

as I tried to charge men through it and they couldn't.

Which makes my Life easier.

I have been Dreaming of

Rob:-

"that's interesting, since the huts etc. are represented in both the 'ATTR' and (half of) the 'TERR' blocks. Wonder what is going on. Can cannon fire through the hut's original positions"?

« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 09:56:32 PM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 06:54:10 PM »

Sadly after moving huts on B1_01 or Trees on Spare9, Cannons, magic and arrows can pass through them...although troops can not Charge their way through, due to the bounding Box (INST>min max boundaries and same for adding existing or new Furniture to other maps).

What is interesting about Spare9 ATTR block is that it is almost empty, so not sure what is making the Trees, originally block arrows, magic and cannon fire. Since when I move them they no longer retain their Solidness. I guess it leaves only the TERR block within .PRJ files.

Tutorial Map showing Solid tree protecting Wizard-At best I can place a new House over existing Trees to ensure solidness

ATTR block within Spare9.PRJ (Tutorial Map file)

However, after moving an original 3d object like a hut on Trading Post mission 1 the space it occupied can still have fireballs shot into it, so only when a Hut or Tree is in its original location does it become solid, moving it looses its ability to block shots, although I can still prevent troops charging through it.

This shows the location of where the Hut used to be can still have Fireballs pass through it, so not just dependant on the map position perhaps?

I have offered a reward for anyone that can help us out with Editing Maps, by advertising to Hire and pay for Professional Programmers, since Time is Money and I'm more than happy to fund any attmepts- Rob and Mikademus please feel free to apply, as I know you lead busy lifes already.

http://www.peopleperhour.com/freelance_jobs_work_projects/Game-Modder/31177

For more Modding info on PRJ files and TERR and ATTR blocks  please check out our Wiki
http://wiki.dark-omen.org/do/DO/PRJ

All of this exciting work contributes to New Maps project
http://forum.dark-omen.org/3d-scenery-models/map-template-mod-t796.0.html

Smiley

« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 07:20:08 PM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 03:57:58 PM »

Pending further Tests I think I have solved the problem of Scenery loosing its abilities to block projectiles, after they have been moved around. Thanks to Rob's BTB editor, a radius can be set around the House/Hut or Tree that stops arrows,magic and Cannon fire, passing through it.
Original Obstacle radius that covers the Hut and Barrel on Trading Post-Mission 1

As Documented in our Wiki
http://wiki.dark-omen.org/do/BTB

Obstacles Chunk
This chunk seems to contain information about obstacles on the map (e.g. trees). Increase the Integer Record by a higher value (e.g. +10) to avoid crashes in non-official Multiplayer maps. This might imply that the number (type=8) corresponds to an amount of memory to allocate for something.

OBSTACLES CHUNK, type=3, size=<varies>
   INTEGER RECORD (unknown) type=8, size=12

COMPOUND RECORD 0 (contains sub-records) type=501, size=80
      INTEGER RECORD (type of obstacle - might be bit flags - see table below) type=5, size=12
      INTEGER RECORD (x position) type=1, size=12
      INTEGER RECORD (y position) type=2, size=12
      INTEGER RECORD (z position) type=4, size=12
      INTEGER RECORD (radius of bounding sphere) type=6, size=12
      INTEGER RECORD (direction - normally 0) type=7, size=12
   COMPOUND RECORD 1 (contains sub-records) type=501, size=80
   COMPOUND RECORD n (contains sub-records) type=501, size=80
Type  Description  
1  This obstacle is active  
2  This obstacle blocks movement into its area  
4  This obstacle blocks movement and projectiles into its area  

n.b. some of the above information is guessed by analogy to the text script files found in SotHR

So i moved the large purple circle that surrounded the Hut on Trading Post Mission 1, to now be in the same place as I previously moved the Hut and it now stops projectiles.

All Projectiles (Arrows,Fireballs and Cannon) are now blocked by the BTB Obstacle Radius.

This combination works successfully on any new 3d scenery -

Smiley
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 10:29:23 PM by olly » Logged

Grend
2D Sprite Artist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 10:21:52 PM »

Good Job man!

On vacation
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 07:18:03 AM »

when i reread this post i saw topic name and thought" wow, moving & attacking buildings!". oh wait..

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Leilond
Ghoul

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2017, 02:50:05 PM »

I finally find the time to give it a look and a try... and...

THIS IS AWESOME! I moved a damn tree on the map and then found the associated BTB record and moved the "unpassable" area on it again and it worked perfectly

THIS IS AWESOME!

This give me a big push in freedom to build the campaign. The least I can say is that I'm having a lot of fun
If I only I discovered this site some years ago...
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2017, 02:11:45 PM »

Well done and thanks to recent mod tool advancements (height map generator) we can now make entirely new maps and add new scenery. Please consider joining Illidan and I in advancing the Dark Omen 2 mod, as we have 24 new maps and loads of scenery to add BTB boundaries to.

http://forum.dark-omen.org/maps/mark-of-chaos-map-modding-t1369.0.html

http://forum.dark-omen.org/3d-scenery-models/warhammer-age-of-reckoning-modding-t1361.0.html;msg13708#msg13708

The Dark Omen 2 mod contains all the latest mod tools, new sprites, 3d heads, maps, scenery etc.. and should always be used as the template to create other campaigns from, as any new updates will always be compatible. I've specifically designed the Dark Omen 2 mod to take all the pain away from new users who want to create new campaigns or hopefully help us extend it further.

Leilond
Ghoul

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2017, 04:03:41 PM »

I don't know I how can I help you sincerly. I'm a decent computer programmer (not so close to machine as some of you, more a php high level, than a bit to bit low level programmer), but a TERRIBLE graphic and I really don't know how to click when it come to use GIMP for something that isn't simply "change a color here and there"

The best I cand do, for now, is continuing to have some experience in campaing creation, trying to figure out things aren't documented yet (like all the damn event id that if known can completely change the power of our IA units).

olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2017, 04:26:40 PM »

It's only adding the BTB boundaries around all the new buildings/scenery that Illidan and I have created on the new maps. As there's loads of work we do (maps,scenery,3d heads, sprites) and don't have time to do it all.

Smiley

Leilond
Ghoul

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2017, 04:39:21 PM »

Oh... that can be done
If you send me the .BTB file and .BMP file and clear me a bit better what to do (how to correctly create the boundary in out.xml) I can give it some try until you're satisfied

If I remember correctly, boundaries are in "Region Chunk" but I sincerly didn't understand what it exactly contains... If you explain me and help me verifying my work on the first maps, I can try the job
Leilond
Ghoul

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2017, 09:58:50 AM »

Hey Olly

I'm still here, ready to work on btb files
I though the better way to do this:

1) You send me the "original" .bmp file
2) You send me a "modified" .bmp file with indication about where to put things (like a simple colored "circle" on the image: green circle is a "tree", red circle is a "big rock" and so on...)
3) If needed, you send me the sprites too (if the object to be put is not a "standard" object but a new object not included in original Dark Omen)

With these three things, I can try to copy a .prj file from a similar dimension map, add and remove objects in the prj file and then edit a btb.xml file to create the correct boundaries for all object on the map

I need only some explanation about the region chunks in BTB file that I didn't understand completely
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2017, 10:30:19 AM »

Cool, I spent all weekend sorting out an easy to use system for you to use, so will publish it in the next few days. One of the issues I fixed was the new maps' height maps not displaying in BTB Editor but I've fixed that now so you can see where to place the BTB boundaries. Ultimately I will be placing the Furniture on the map within Blender and then generate a 2nd height map showing all the Furniture, just for the BTB editor to use and display.

Smiley

Leilond
Ghoul

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2017, 11:15:11 AM »

I didn't undestand everything you wrote, but I think it will be better when I got all the "files" and play with them for a while... Once I did some experiments, I can put down a list of "questions" if needed.

I played a lot with CTL, thus I can create now a map with an "immobile" enemy. This will allow me to walk the map all around to verify all object are correctly placed, blocking movement and eventyally line of sight.

I think that after an initial slow start, we will push ahead with all the maps very quickly

We will need a good "file send/recive" method... I can send you my private email by PM if files aren't too big.
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2017, 01:23:04 PM »

Great, let's use Dropbox to transfer files and no worries as my guide will explain everything, so we can end up adding all the necessary BTB stuff like on my Fortress map.

* DOFortress.jpg (327.99 KB. 1385x850 - viewed 654 times.)

Smiley

Leilond
Ghoul

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2017, 03:32:41 PM »

Looking forward to start  Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: