April 20, 2024, 08:38:16 AM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Loren Lake Deployment Zones  (Read 15778 times)
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« on: December 19, 2008, 10:39:09 PM »

Just been Multi-Playing these new Single Player Maps such as Loren Lake for Future Tournament Maps.

"By the Shores of an Ancient Lake, the Brave and Mighty Empire, fall to the Savage Orc Hoards....."

A dream come True.. 28 Multiplayer Maps and new Map Editor on Way.

Thanks Guys

Smiley

After playing a few Multiplayer Games, I would suggest Deployment Zones are altered to:-

Great Discussion Topic...all views appreciated.

Smiley

« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 11:39:46 PM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 11:51:23 PM »

I like the idea for the deployment zones on Loren Lake.
It's a good idea to discuss new ideas for deployment zones to make the fights funnier and (sometimes) more balanced.
Maybe we should create a new topic to discuss zone ideas because this is the december tournament topic Wink

Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 10:25:48 AM »

Well, I think those deployment zones certainly would work, but they'd also neuter what's special about Loren Lake by making it more into any other MP map. Could perhaps the upslope deployment zone be narrowed down while the downslope deployment zone be expanded across almost half the map? That way a balance could be achieved while retaining the challenge by the defender always being somewhat limited (=predictable) while the attacker would have the freedom of any strategy.

bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 05:13:31 PM »

Imho the on this map it's easy to defeat your place but it's hard to attack. It's nearly impossible to sneak to the enemy and surprise him. But i have atm no idea how we could solve this problem.

"Sir we are surrounded!!!" "Excellent, then we can attack in any direction."
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 10:54:59 PM »

If Players take turns to Host and Defend at the Top of The Map, then all will be fair with the Original Deployment Zones.

However, my proposed Deployment Zones were only intended for our Tournaments where we tend to only get to play someone once, unless we clash swords later on in the Semi Finals of the Tournament.

Again, we tend to have "All Rounder Armies" per Race, rather than 2 armies per Race(one for Defending on Maps(Hosting) and another when Attacking (Joining).

Therefore the New Zones, allow each player a piece of High and Low Ground, although I can fully appreciate how it looses its intended key Features.

All contributions welcome and I'm still in total awe when playing Loren Lake and this is all good training for the day when we get to plan and discuss new Map Layouts.

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: