Print
Author Topic: BTB  (Read 12610 times)
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
BTB
« on: May 13, 2008, 10:46:34 AM »

Check out Rob's new BTB Editor

The BTB Editor overlays a representation of the data contained in Mission one's BTB file, such as Troops/Triggers and Obstacles.

Comparsion picture of Mission 1, (B1_01) using Map Viewer.

Full Wiki Description:-

BTB - Wiki
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 11:09:02 AM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 11:13:29 PM »

Using Rob's new BTB editor, I am Examining all the Unknown Blocks in the MBx_0x .BTB files
to find possible themes/similarities

I have found through testing that only the Hosts machine requires the P1kf.ARM and p2kf.ARM files.
(The only reason I am looking at P1kf.ARM files,as they are all the same , is that in BTB editor we must change
the Enenmy ai files to Player files, like all the other Multiplayer BTB's). We have done this but still player 2 still doesn't have any troops to deploy).

If i rename/delete them on the pc that Joins the game, there is no difference....

All my Tests are built upon Rob's BTB Editor and Ghabry's tweak of getting all Single Player maps to
appear in Multiplayer List, to select but doesn't currently allow player 2 to have any Troops/Units
available on their Pallette to Deploy.

We continue to find what allows a Single player Map to be able to work properly in Multiplayer.

Smiley

Again Interestingly, it appears that one of the Unknown Chunks is not ever used in Mulitplayer BTB files..

(3,1,0)

Smiley
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 04:29:00 PM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 12:05:40 AM »

Ghabry has discovered that all Multiplayer Bx_0x.BTB files can be renamed as

MBx_0x.BTB files.

So whats does that tell us.. that all things eliminated from the proper MB1_03.BTB compared with B1_03.BTB are not relevant ..
as all vitals are in B1_03.BTB or else where in other files..

What a mystery!

Wink

« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 12:08:39 AM by bembelimen » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: