April 24, 2024, 12:11:49 AM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 4575 times)
Chinnico
Night Goblin Archer

View Profile
« on: February 03, 2009, 08:18:00 PM »

Hello everybody. I just joined this group and I thought I'd be expected to provide a proper introduction.
I am 35 years old and have been fond of videogames since I was 6 or so. In the 80's I was introduced to RPGs and the Warhammer FRP world. So, when DO finally came out in the late 90's I rejoiced.
I've played DO single player campaign a few times, at the time. In 2000 (ish...) I managed to play a couple of online DO games, having contacted a sort of community whose main way of communication was ICQ. Never got to far with that, due to being busy with study and work (I am a chemist) and crappy, unreliable Internet connection.
Only recently, I was looking for instructions to play DO on WinXP to show the game to a friend of mine (and possibly convince him to a match). Then I stumbled on this wonderful website!
My compliments for all the job. The site is very profesiional looking, complete with information and tools and the community also appears lively and passionate.
I look forward to play some match and share a few moments of fun with all of you in the near future.
Best regards

Chinnico
Kypper
Mummy

Bones and bones and bones ripping your flesh !

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 08:33:12 PM »

Hi !

You didn't say, where are you from ?

EDIT : nvm, Italy. :p

See you, space scorpion !
Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 11:52:27 PM »

Hi and welcome! I saw you in the channel the other day and I'm happy to see that we have Dark Omen (and Warhammer) players in Italy too!

(Admin note: Perhaps we should have an introduction board here?)

bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 12:08:50 AM »

Hello Chinnico

Welcome in our Community. I hope you'll have much fun. I'm looking forward to meet you on the battlefield (and in the Chat)

Thank you for the praise. We plan to improve the site step for step.

(Admin note: Perhaps we should have an introduction board here?)

Yeah, I will say it, if i will meet some Admin anywhere

"Sir we are surrounded!!!" "Excellent, then we can attack in any direction."
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 09:50:13 AM »

Hi Chinnico,

a Great time to join!

Monthly Tournaments and Mods galore.

Smiley

(Glad to have another Mature Gamer onboard, hope to see you on the Battlefield, maybe in time for next Tournament)

Wink

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 01:11:07 PM »

Hi Chinnico,

a Great time to join!

Monthly Tournaments and Mods galore.

Smiley

(Glad to have another Mature Gamer onboard, hope to see you on the Battlefield, maybe in time for next Tournament)

Wink

welcome and may i say that is is a great time to join, it will be fun to add more competition to our tournaments

are you feeling old Olly? hehe everyone here is till in their prime thank you very much Wink

"There is only one way out of hell, thats through it" -- General Patton

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

"Evil Turns upon it self" -- Paladine
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: