Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hello  (Read 4384 times)
Jag0
Troll

View Profile
« on: October 02, 2011, 03:02:05 AM »

Hi there !
I used to extensively play the Dark Omen's demo on my psx when I was a child, and it was just awesome.
So, lately, I DLed it on my pc to discover what the game really is, and i'm really enthusiast !

I searched for information and ended up here, and saw how the game is actually still living.
I'm interested in tournaments, extensions and stuff, even if I don't really know how to install them.
It would be a joy to play an edited army against AI, just don't know if you guys got that kind of thing.
Peace out Smiley.
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 10:46:50 AM »

Welcome to the Dark Omen Community -> it's a great time to join in the fun -> Please check out all of our mods (alternate campaigns) and hope to see you on the battlefield soon!

http://forum.dark-omen.org/introduction/great-time-to-join-t696.0.html

Smiley
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 11:58:34 AM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Jag0
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 12:32:57 PM »

Nice to meet you !
I still have to finish the regular campaign. I destroyed the Hand of Nagash and I'm now on my way to meet some elves.
The game is challenging, for now, and that's great.
So, is there a way to play on multiplayer's maps against an AI ?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 03:25:12 PM by Jag0 » Logged
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 08:21:19 PM »

hi there! let me guide ou a little about the mods and tournaments

First of all, you really will have to make a back up folder of the game, for example you right click Dark Omen folder and select copy, then you make a new folder and name it "dark backup" and inside it, you put the copied folder..

why? well all the mods, are installed in a easy way, but that way requires to overwrite files of the original game.. for example the folders normally modified are "grapchics" or "game data".. so, if you install a mod, and then you dont need it , or jst wanna original back again, you can goto  the back up  and copy al the folders there and back to Dark Omen folders and put them there.. overwritting the mod folders..

there are like 4 or 5 mods.. we playtournaments, normal matches, or a gameplay called "conquest" that is like a tournament, but players fight between them trying to conquist a hipotetic world map represented  by squares, that are atualised each time some player wins a battle and conquer one square to another player.

here you can see the conquest day sptember,. unfinished.. but that is a good  example

http://forum.dark-omen.org/empty-t1046.0.html;msg10630#new

so, the thing is that in the tournament and conquest day, or normal matches, players use differents mods, depending there tastes, or wich thethink is best "balanced"... ok i hope i was clear Tongue and helped

ito maquiesves
Jag0
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 08:49:33 PM »

Thanks a lot. Looks pretty awesome ! And I hope I will be able to join you.
But, if I want to train with UD or GS, how can I ?

In single player, I'm kind of stuck at the last level, because I lost a lot defeating the Black Grail... I might have to try this battle again and again.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: