April 27, 2024, 04:45:13 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Dark Omen 5.3  (Read 305 times)
Thraex1985
Troll

View Profile
« on: March 11, 2024, 06:54:05 AM »

Hi all, I'm Hardwig from Belgium, I'm an indie game dev/metaverse builder and I've decided to build one of my favorite games in Unreal  Engine 5.3. I'm planning to do the trading post level and will expand upon the scope of the original game. My goal is to have the classic topdown view from Dark Omen but also third person camera where you can actually control the leader of the unit (such as Bernhardt or Günther or the cannon).

Currently mapping out the scene for the level and creating figures. Will do some regular updates on this 'devlog'. I thought the community might enjoy this and I'd be able to ask some questions to the dark omen community.

Enjoy some screenshots below (work in progress)

* darkomen1 kopie.jpg (377.93 KB, 1301x991 - viewed 23 times.)

* darkomen2 kopie.jpg (602.29 KB, 1334x984 - viewed 24 times.)

* darkomen3.jpg (794.08 KB, 1586x1323 - viewed 26 times.)
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2024, 08:31:01 AM »

Fantastic! Look forward to seeing more.

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Thraex1985
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2024, 08:26:18 AM »

Some more work I did:
- Cannon mechanics (ofcourse I needs to be polished and correctly animated, as increase loading times)
- Models of Bernhardt and Gunther you can see in the beginning of the video
- Game level music

https://youtu.be/yw38IMjBLCM

Stay tuned!
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2024, 10:04:53 AM »

Cool and before you post more, could you recreate this in the Dark Omen Remake section.

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: