April 18, 2024, 08:14:33 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Windows 8.1, 3dmode and Intel HD GT1 (Haswell). Anyone have any luck /tips?  (Read 3529 times)
zapad
Troll

View Profile
« on: October 08, 2014, 12:54:37 PM »

Hello

Dark Omen being one of my favourite games from youth, I've tried to replay it.

After following this Help Section - I've managed to run it on CPU mode.   Althrough CPU mode sucks greatly. I've tried to play with it, but I can't - it just looks so much worse...

Anyway - using all tips&mod file pack from http://forum.dark-omen.org/help-section/3d-mode-and-win8-dark-omen-t1164.0.html

when I do start Dark Omen - intro play fine (normal colors, resolution, etc)  but when intro ends (or I do interupt it)  then game hangs - I do hear menu music, but on screen it is either frozen intro (if I interrupt) or black screen (if I let intro run till the end).

If I go for registry and set SoftwareSelected = 228, then game start fine but with CPU mode with 3dmode being unselectable.   If I delete SoftwareSelected then well no luck - intro hangs or black screen if I let it run till the end.

For now I only have access to Intel HD GT1  (it is Haswell generation, so same generation as 4400 / 4600 / 5000) and from my experience it runs all games that Intel hd 4000 / 4400 can.

PS. Additional question - now I can't afford it, but maybe sometime in future I'll be able to afford other GPU, and so I've heard that Nvidia users can use 3dmode.   What about AMD/ATI cards relatively new cards?  (7xxx or r5/r7/r9 series)?
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 07:08:09 PM »

Hi and welcome,

only NVidia graphics cards work and have tested on ATi r7/r9 and Intels.

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
zapad
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2014, 01:48:15 PM »

Ok thanks for answer.

Hopefully Intel&Radeon folks will see this topic and won't waste time trying.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: