March 28, 2024, 07:12:53 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Windows 10 Keyboard Issue  (Read 8156 times)
Psycho Ste
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« on: October 09, 2016, 05:20:05 PM »

Hi I've followed the instructions on how to install on windows 10 everything works fine but when i try to play my keyboard isn't being recognised and I am unable to zoom or rotate. It will only let me tab out and F4 does anyone know how to fix this issue?
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 10:29:35 PM »

Hi and welcome, check that User Account Control is off (Control Panel-> Administrative Tools) and also try loading a different mod and try original game (from in game mod selector menu). Let us know how you get on. 

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
aqrit
Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 07:13:48 AM »

the keyboard missing focus issue seems rather common
http://forum.dark-omen.org/help-section/do-fixes-question-t1388.0.html
probably someone needs to patch it sometime  Undecided
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2016, 11:15:43 PM »

would be cool if it could be fixed but generally works fine if mod pack has been applied properly. Other more vital final mods would be the ability to add more spells (xslots modified existing spells, such as a dispel could be made into +1 health if possible? I would gladly pay £250 if it can be done or to decode more Op Codes via IDA). Please also join Dark Omen Reborn remake project ,as would be great to have your skills and knowledge to help Devast3d understand all the different original Dark Omen files.

Smiley
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 11:10:51 AM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Psycho Ste
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2016, 07:01:28 PM »

Hi I've tried the suggested fix and also looked at other posts but still have the issue, every now and again it will work and then not work for ages so i'll just have to leave it for now thanks anyways. Smiley
aqrit
Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2016, 10:41:58 PM »

Edit EngRel.exe ( English ) with a hex-editor and change the byte
at file offset 0x81100 from 06 to 0A

(edit: 81100h not 81110h )

dev note:
edits the IDirectInput_Keyboard->SetCooperativeLevel( hWnd, DISCL_NONEXCLUSIVE | DISCL_FOREGROUND ) call to the use "DISCL_BACKGROUND" flag so "the device can be acquired at any time, even when the associated window is not the active window."

note: not tested to see how this works with alt+tabbing etc.

@Olly
some things are easier than others :p
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 11:47:59 PM by aqrit » Logged
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2016, 08:04:38 AM »

Thanks Aqrit, I shall try the Hex Edit fix this evening.

Smiley

Psycho Ste
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2016, 07:40:39 PM »

Hi guys thanks for your continued responses, I'm no good with PC's technically so I wouldn't know how to do that.
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2016, 10:08:52 PM »

I made the Hex Edit to EngRel.exe at file offset 0x81100 and changed value from 06 to 0A. Tested a few games and everything works well, including Alt Tab in and out of the game (it's always best when Alt Tabbing, to first press space bar for the overhead map and then Esc to bring up the Quit menu, then Alt Tab while the game is paused).

* DoKeyboardFix2.jpg (115.41 KB. 628x429 - viewed 696 times.)

I will include this fix in the latest mod pack and also updated it with Cuthalion's newest alternate Undead Manfred campaign.

(The download below is the modified EngRel.exe with keyboard fix applied for Psycho Ste but will add it to Mod Pack asap ).
Rename the existing EngRel.exe before pasting in this new one into C:\Program Files (x86)\Dark Omen\PRG_ENG
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2omccnpir6ckfg6/EngRelKeyboardFix.zip?dl=0

Many Thanks Aqrit!

Smiley

« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 06:51:15 AM by olly » Logged

Psycho Ste
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2016, 04:56:32 PM »

Hi I've just downloaded the file so I need to put it I'm the original PRG_ENG file?
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2016, 06:59:52 PM »

Yes go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Dark Omen\PRG_ENG and rename the existing EngRel.exe to something like EngRelOrig.exe then paste in the new EngRel.exe into that same PRG_ENG folder and double click on it to start Dark Omen.

Mod pack now contains all mods and has keyboard fix applied to all EngRel.exe - Download it now!

http://forum.dark-omen.org/help-section/ultimate-dark-omen-xpvistawin7win81win10-game-fixes-t111.0.html

Smiley
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 11:00:59 PM by olly » Logged

Psycho Ste
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2016, 07:40:58 PM »

Hi guys just to confirm the fix worked and thanks again Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: