March 29, 2024, 12:29:54 AM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: White / weird background - help pls  (Read 3915 times)
pompom
Troll

View Profile
« on: September 26, 2020, 04:32:02 PM »

Hi all,

Amazing work on the site. I can't wait to get playing.

I'm having an issue. I've followed Olly's excellent guide, video and trouble shoot a number of times. I'm getting the same result each time.

When i install - following the instructions and playing through with the vid - i encounter the same thing. When i run the game i have the white screen issue - the background on menu is white and all the maps in the cutscenes are white. This is in Step 5 before i've started with dgvoodoo.

If i run EngRel as admin. I get the weird blue offset menu - as highlighed further down Olly's guide. If i run it without admin - everything is white as described. From this position, ive setup dgvoodoo, but no use. Same thing each time. I've ran the registry mods - same thing - no use.

Any help greatly appreciated.

p

I've reinstalled about 6 times now. Used difference sources for the download and i've hit a wall.   
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2020, 04:49:24 PM »

Hi and welcome,

Have messaged you and can remote in via Teamviewer. Could you state your version of windows and graphics card please.

The white background fix in the other post, was to use dgvoodoo2 and ensure it's in the PRG_ENG folder which you have tried, so check its not being blocked by antivirus Defender.

http://forum.dark-omen.org/help-section/background-is-white-t1525.0.html
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 04:54:25 PM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
pompom
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2020, 05:14:42 PM »

Thanks Olly,

O/S Windows 10 Pro
Graphics Radeon RX 580

I'm using dgvoodoo 2.7 - from the link on your guide for the latest stable version.

I'll have another go and let you know how i do.
pompom
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2020, 06:48:37 PM »

Right still struggling. Same issue.

Only other things i can report:

Running EngRel.exe before reg patch gave white issue - regardless of running as administrator. After running reg patch, double click gave white isssue. Running as admin gave dropped dark image as you have pictured below your guide.

on configuring dgvoodoo
The resolution you suggest for dgvoodoo2 of 2560x1440 isn't on my list. Max for me is 1920x1080

can i check the 'config folder/running instance' is 'C:\Users\MYNAME\Appdata\Roaming\dgvoodoo' - not - 'c:\program files (x86)\dark omen\prg_eng'

Any help greatly appreciated,

p
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2020, 08:34:29 PM »

Yep dgvoodoo2 config found in App data and resolution is also fine. What happens if you only double click and install the virtual store registry fix? Also right click on your or c:\program files (x86)\Dark Omen folder and give your user account full permission.

It's honestly far quicker for me to just remote in and run through loads of checks and potential fixes, than trying to second guess them. As I usually find one of the help fixguide steps have been missed or it's some Antivirus firewall blocking stuff.

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2020, 06:31:43 PM »

So I remoted in and found we couldn't disable the dgvoodoo2 watermark as a test to ensure our configs were being set. Initial testing but I downloaded latest version dgVoodoo2_7 and found the same problem occasionally. Therefore, please delete the dgVoodoo folder in

C:\Users\YourAccountName\AppData\Roaming

and try older versions of dgvoodoo such as dgVoodoo2_63_1 as seen in the Help fix Guide picture and even try dgVoodoo2_45

which appear to be able to apply the settings (turn water mark on and off) every time.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 11:12:08 PM by olly » Logged

olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2020, 11:28:29 PM »

Confirmed that latest dgvoodoo 2.7 has an issue applying its setting to its config file and therfore is unable to fix the white background issue.

However, the older version dgvoodoo 6.3 works fine, so have updated the Help fix guide and will ask Dege nicely to investigate.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 08:17:18 AM by olly » Logged

yoda1986
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2021, 11:57:05 PM »

Confirmed that latest dgvoodoo 2.7 has an issue applying its setting to its config file and therfore is unable to fix the white background issue.

However, the older version dgvoodoo 6.3 works fine, so have updated the Help fix guide and will ask Dege nicely to investigate.

Hey Olly! Just wanted to say thanks so much because I had this same issue and couldn't work it out (obviously I wasn't following the steps closely enough - this thread was the one I searched for). Amazing to be playing this again!  Grin Grin Grin
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2021, 11:23:01 AM »

Excellent thanks and hope to see you on Game Ranger for some friendly multiplayer games, once you have completed the single player campaigns.

Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: