April 16, 2024, 10:35:44 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: UninstallShield running  (Read 2459 times)
Ace1swe
Troll

View Profile
« on: August 01, 2020, 08:54:06 PM »

Hey guys. I've been trying to install DO again so that i know it works before introducing it to a friend, but now of course, i can't install it myself.
I have the DOcd folder that i got from "somewhere", so it should be anything wrong with the files, and i already installed it before.
But as the topic says, when i try to run the Setup, as admin, it just says UninstallShield running :/
Not sure what to do about it.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 10:56:01 PM by olly » Logged
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2020, 10:57:00 PM »

Hi,

Best to delete any Dark Omen folders from the Registry, see the guide for their locations and let me know how you get on.

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Ace1swe
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2020, 11:17:42 PM »

Deleted the Electronic arts registry folder in both root and virtual store, still says uninstallshield is running. :/
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2020, 12:19:31 AM »

I can remote in using Teamviewer if necessary but please try some of these suggestions and see if it will install without running as admin and let me know.

https://www.google.com/search?q=uninstallshield+is+running&client=ms-android-samsung-gj-rev1&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Ace1swe
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2020, 03:05:41 PM »

Deleting the IsUninst.exe solved it, thanks Smiley You could add that fix somewhere in the guide!
Oh and i played the remake demo, looks great!

But im trying to download the modpack, but it says that there is no file after clicking the link, and it says that "my files are frozen because of inactivity". Is that on my end or yours? Cheers
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2020, 04:13:24 PM »

Cool, glad that worked and you're the first fan to have that generic Windows 10 error, so will add it to the guide as always.

I checked the mod download and all appears fine.

Try this alternate link to download the mod pack,

https://easyupload.io/jou0sc
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 05:12:10 PM by olly » Logged

Ace1swe
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2020, 09:16:40 PM »

Thanks, it worked after i defroze my account. I couldnt see any shared files while it was frozen. Apparently it does that if inactive.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: