March 28, 2024, 09:03:23 AM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Started screen Flickering  (Read 4429 times)
Leilond
Ghoul

View Profile
« on: April 05, 2017, 02:49:30 PM »

I don't know what's happened, but today the game started screen flickering
User accunt contro is off
EngRelDeploy19v19.exe is set to compatibility 16 bit color, 640x480 resolution and run as administrator
I tried to delete and replace all the mod folders from DOModPackOct16_2016, following the guide (http://forum.dark-omen.org/help-section/ultimate-dark-omen-xpvistawin7win81win10-game-fixes-t111.0.html) as I did the first time, but still flicker.

The only things I didn't tried

When I run the game it appears, for a moment, the "Unable to locate the CD Rom" before the game start (flickering)

The only things I cannot try is to run the registry modifier (that I run the first time I installed the mods) because these two links
Windows 64bit
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zmpmms9wph6jshh/DO_Win64bitReg.zip
Windows 32bit
https://www.dropbox.com/s/c0crd3ngu1ixbpf/Do_Win32bitReg.zip
do not work anymore

I'm so sad!
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 03:01:30 PM »

Don't use Deploy19v19.exe as it would need to be renamed to EngRel.exe. Therefore check compatibility on EngRel.exe and copy the PRG_ENG folder into you mod folder.

I had to clear out the Registry files from my Dropbox to make room but will restore them later today.

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Leilond
Ghoul

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 03:24:04 PM »

If I rename EngRelDeploy19v19.exe to EngRelDeploy19v19.exe to EngRel.exe
"Impossible to run application (0x0000142)"

I'm going to lose my hopes... pheraps this evening I will try to completely delete the game and registry keys and try a fresh istallation, after you reload the registry mods

What I cannot undestand is that until this moring it worked perfectly.
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017, 03:34:36 PM »

Sounds like Antivirus or Defender is blocking EngRel.exe from running but yep try reg files before reinstall. I will upload them in 2hrs time.

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Leilond
Ghoul

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2017, 03:38:55 PM »

Tried to deactivate windows defender and still do not work

To add one more information, when I run the game it say "Impossible to find the disk" and when I click "Cancel" or "Continue", the game starts (with the screen flickering). It never said anything about disk until this very morning

Thanks for your patience
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2017, 05:19:31 PM »

Reg files are now available again

Smiley

Leilond
Ghoul

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2017, 08:51:04 PM »

Thanks a lot (this time I saved all files I downloaded for future needs)
Finally I had to reinstall the game from the start, but if worked and even all my save files (that I copied before unistalling) works too. The win64 registry modify was a must anyway, thus your upload was vital

Thanks again, even more, for your kindness
Leilond
Ghoul

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2017, 10:32:58 PM »

grrrrrrr!!
No speeches! I can ear the music but no voices during the meetings!!! I'm going mad
I cannot ear the inbattle speeches too
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 10:44:52 PM by Leilond » Logged
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2017, 10:48:32 PM »

Check that you audio is setting is balanced, simple but could be the cause.

Leilond
Ghoul

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2017, 10:54:04 PM »

Ok, it was a "speakers" problem... using the normal tabletop audio it works, with the spekers it doesn't
I will try different speakers
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: