March 28, 2024, 06:57:09 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Setup wont start in windows 10  (Read 16997 times)
exeetor
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« on: September 16, 2015, 08:41:56 AM »

Any fix to this? I finaly got hold of the CD but when I click the setup.exe nothing happens. Really nothing at all. I only have the setup going in the background (I can see it active in the task manager).
Any1 know what to do?
exeetor
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 09:27:40 AM »

Also ofc. I tried "right click, and start as admin"
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 06:53:05 PM »

Hi and welcome, unfortunately you are the first person to try Dark Omen Windows 10 so will have to wait for me to upgrade this weekend to test.

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
exeetor
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2015, 06:37:26 AM »

ok check! Well I didnt really expect to even find a Place where any1 could try to help me with W10 so Im happy just for a response ^^

I sooo got an warhammer itch to scratch ^^
Ayakuri
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2015, 06:53:59 PM »

I had the same problem, but it just takes ages for the setup.exe to launch it seems...

I started the install (as administrator) and nothing happened, so I thought I was screwed and I started looking for solutions (that's how I found this forum), but I found no solution Sad.

At that time I had to go for dinner and when I returned the installer had launched Cheesy
exeetor
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2015, 07:39:33 AM »

OOOH!! Haha nice, will have to try that then ^^
Getting so hyped for Total War Warhammer that I just had to play something warhammer again! And well there really is only one game to play then! Cheesy
exeetor
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2015, 07:36:29 PM »

darn does not seem to be my problem... Sad
I have had my comp on for over 4 hours now after triggering the Setup and it still havent started... Sad
Man I SOOOO wanna play this... cant Good Old Games just fix it!! Cheesy
exeetor
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2015, 08:15:45 AM »

Might the safedisc removal in W10 have something to do with it or is that just for launching the game?
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2015, 07:50:32 PM »

"cant Good Old Games just fix it!!"  -> are we talking Dark Omen or Shadow of the Horned Rat, as Ayakuri confirms Dark Omen does at least runs the setup.exe on Windows 10. Is your CD scratched perhaps, are you able to copy its contents to your C: and run setup.exe from there?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 08:05:17 PM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
exeetor
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2015, 04:10:14 PM »

My own CD, and after a while (didnt find any other solution) several diffrent ISOs with the game, have been tested all of the reacting the same way...
Dont know what to do now...
exeetor
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2015, 04:19:26 PM »

Ok so now I managed to get my hands on some WinXP prepared install exe which worked (with the aditional crashfixes etc).
Man I hope they just make it ready on GOG. I wouldnt mind paying for this game again ^^
Chimpo
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2015, 10:23:43 PM »

Hi I am having the same problem, can you let me know where you got the working .exe file from?

Can't get the game to run in Win 10.

Installer seems to have trouble writing to the registry, even if you help it do that the game fails to run. Keeps saying i need to reinstall.

Cheers
Chris
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2015, 11:23:02 PM »

Buy an original CD from Ebay as so many people have problems with dodgy downloads and we do not host links to them.

Chillytwix
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2015, 01:52:08 PM »

Greetings guys!
I just found this page and had to try this game again, I haven't played it for like 20 years!

Just downloaded the game and experienced same problem as you guys, but as a change I work as an IT System Engineer, and I never give up when problems occur and have a solution for you guys experiencing this Smiley

When running the Setup.exe you will have to do following:
1) Open your Task Manager
2) Goto Detailed View
3) Right Click the Setup.exe process
4) Click Analyze Waiting list (My Windows ain't English, but I guess that should be the name)
5) You will see a box with Setup.exe and some other processes below it, mark the processor below it and select "Terminate/close App, or whatever it says in English)
6) Do this again and again, until there are no more processes that are in the queue before the Setup.exe and your Installation will begin.

Edit:
After installing the game set the properties of <installationfolder>\PRG_ENG\EngRel.exe to run as Windows XP SP3 and Administrator.

Well, I hope this will come in handy for someone.
Nice times!

Chillytwix out
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 02:08:31 PM by Chillytwix » Logged
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2015, 03:19:12 PM »

Thanks we will try this

Smiley

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: