March 28, 2024, 02:24:50 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 'setup is unable to find a hard disk location error 101'  (Read 2773 times)
stupid humy
Troll

View Profile
« on: March 29, 2020, 01:54:14 AM »

Hi, like the website! Being on global pandemic lockdown I obviously want to play this absolute belter of a game. But when I go to start it up I get the following error message:

'Setup is unable to find a hard disk location to store temporary files.

Make at least 922kb free disk space available then try running Setup again.

Error 101.'

There is, of course, enough disk space to play this game. I've spent a few hours trying to solve this and I've read through this forum but I've not seen this specific problem. Any ideas about the solution?

Thanks for your time
All the best Paul
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2020, 01:55:11 PM »

Welcome, sounds like you might not be using a UK CD, check your private messages and let me know if you require me to remote on using  teamviewer.   

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2020, 11:20:19 PM »

Done some more googling and could be your Anti Virus, so disable it as a test. Also could be that your User account isn't an Administrator account and it wants to run as Administrator.

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2020, 08:32:28 PM »

Turns out we had to run the Setup.exe as Administrator to install and then the registry fixes worked along with the dgvoodoo control panel to allow Dark Omen in full 3d mode.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: