April 19, 2024, 05:55:02 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rookie to Multi-player  (Read 2787 times)
Bernheart
Giant Spider

View Profile
« on: April 10, 2015, 09:10:42 PM »

Hey.

I started playing Dark Omen for PS 1 and I loved it.  I never did well because of the controls.  After finding it for the PC, I have played through the original campaign a few times, and I like the replay value of it.  I didn't think people still played multiplayer, and I thought "Wait, this is old school Warhammer, people have to be playing this" and I found the forum.  I have the disc for Windows, can anyone help me get started.  I would love to start playing.  I am by far no expert, but I've watched some videos online and they are pretty cool.  Help help help...I'm starting to get bored of the single player campaign.  Thanks.
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 09:35:35 PM »

Welcome,

Multiplayer is nice and easy thanks to GameRanger

http://forum.dark-omen.org/multiplayer/gameranger-a-new-place-to-play-dark-omen-online-t157.0.html

So download it and post your new ID. Then Host a game and all current live players will join. GameRanger auto launches the game into Dark Omen's in-game Multiplayer Lobby, where u pick your premade army and map.

I'm on GameRanger nearly every night, welcoming new players and training them up. Our member Sparkee is currently hosting his online campaign where he plays as the AI (very cool) and we've loads of new mods being built, along with alternate single player campaigns that u can pick from via our in-game Mod selector.

Hope to see you on the Battlefield soon!

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Bernheart
Giant Spider

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 09:39:54 PM »

Thanks Olly,

Do I need the disk and are the downloads for free?

It's a good game!  Way ahead of its time.  I don't know how popular it is, and I am not usually a big fan of real time stategy games, but the genre is right up my ally and playability is relatively simple once melee units engage. 

Anyways, I will check it out, I am looking forward to getting in some multi-player games.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: