March 28, 2024, 11:15:17 AM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Problems with windows 8, HELP  (Read 9288 times)
Vitte
Troll

View Profile
« on: February 22, 2013, 05:05:46 PM »

For some reason I installed Win8 and after that I wanted to enjoy my lovely game, but unfortunately I habe big problems with it.
When I launch the game half of display works incorrect while intro and while playing (menu works fine).
I tried a lot of things, tried a lot of versions of the game but still result is the same.

I attached screenshot on which you can see the problem, but usually the right part is working properly and the left side as u see is bad.

I really need your help...
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 06:05:49 PM »

HI and welcome, please read aqrit's post and his fix for Win 8 in only CPU mode as no 3d fix yet

http://forum.dark-omen.org/help-section/3d-mode-and-win8-dark-omen-t1164.0.html

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Vitte
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 06:40:14 PM »

How can i start windowed mode ? sorry this is problem for me too Sad
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 06:52:43 PM »

Aqrit's post says ->

"To play 3D-mode on Win7 in windowed mode... ( with no ForceDirectDrawEmulation of course )
hex-edit the english version of EngRel.Exe, write 0x00 at file offset: 0x000BD0A8Set the desktop to 16-bit color.

Enable the "Run in 640 x 480 Screen Resolution" on the compatibility tab to have a fullscreen window.

On Win8:
Windowed mode fixes CPU-mode for me ( if it isn't run as admin )
Win8 also has an option to reduce the display to 16-bit color on the compatibility tab "

So you will need a hex editor like 010Editor (google it) or download my folder

http://www.mediafire.com/?k74w1xdnv89y9nn

and paste/overwrite into C:\Program Files (x86)\Dark Omen the Mods and PRG folders that contains Ghabry's mod selector and a modded EngRel that has already been hex edited to run in window mode but right click on it and

1) Enable the "Run in 640 x 480 Screen Resolution" on the compatibility tab to have a fullscreen window.

2) Set the desktop to 16-bit color.

On Win8:
Windowed mode fixes CPU-mode for me ( if it isn't run as admin )
Win8 also has an option to reduce the display to 16-bit color on the compatibility tab

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Vitte
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 10:11:45 PM »

Thank you! Now i can normaly play in the best game!
One more thank you:)
hari8
Big'un

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2015, 07:41:56 PM »

hmmmh i really dont understand in which line i have to delete that single 0 ...

and if i try to download the zip using your link olly it onlys refreshes the page  Lips Sealed
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2015, 08:11:30 PM »

I am not aware of this issue but I have a general solution: Ping Olly in the chat in any evening. This solves DO compatibility problems.
hari8
Big'un

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2015, 12:27:40 PM »

I was looking for im in GR yesterday, but it seems like he's in holidays

IRC Chat is somehow hard to get in due to them java security issues ._. it worked yesterday, but not now anymore...
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2015, 07:38:07 PM »

I installed Hex Chat - it's a freeware ant works fine. Also, Olly appears there almost every day. So keep trying Smiley
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2015, 10:20:39 PM »

Just away at moment but will return and upload the Ultimate Mod collection with fixes included, on the weekend. The above link does work for me unfortunately but will replace it asap. 

Smiley

olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2015, 06:50:16 PM »

Glad we got it all working yesterday.

Smiley

hari8
Big'un

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2015, 01:52:35 PM »

Yes, thanks again Smiley however i just dont have to forget to put antivir off  :Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: