March 29, 2024, 12:15:29 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Please help me with that "English/UK Version of a Dark Omen CD"  (Read 1375 times)
olspookishmagus
Troll

View Profile
« on: May 07, 2022, 07:02:52 PM »

Hello.

I have a version of Dark Omen (it's a physical copy of it that I preserved over the years in its original box) which when used while following the instructions here gives the following error:
Dark Omen has failed due to an incomplete DirectX version or out-of-date display drivers.

Apparently thus mustn't that version that works flawlessly.

I could provide you with a list of checksums for all the files currently under the:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Dark Omen
in order anyone would care comparing and finding the culprit between incorrect versions.

Thanks in advance for your time and energy.

olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2022, 10:06:26 PM »

Hi and welcome sounds, like you're not using the mod pack EngRel.exe and also try installing the Reg settings.

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
olspookishmagus
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2022, 01:32:42 AM »

Hi and welcome sounds, like you're not using the mod pack EngRel.exe and also try installing the Reg settings.

Well met Olly, thank you for your response.

I followed those instructions you mention exactly in the way they are in that topic I link in my initial post. But still I don't get the game to work.

Any other suggestions?

olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2022, 09:53:13 AM »

It's always easier for me to remote in via Teamviewer and investigate/reinstall, compared with asking multiple questions to discover. So message me an available time.

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: